Andy9o8

75% of Young Americans Unfit for Military Duty

I don't know the time period when you were in the military.
If you'll let me know I'll glady point out your failures in defending the Constitution.

Blues,
Cliff

While you're waiting for his reponse, why don't you go ahead and get the second half of his post out of the way?

You know, the part where you show where you managed to carry out a sworn duty differently? Make sure you name the time period where YOU served - if you did.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

one of those two groups is free to indulge it, the other expelled for it.

Really? I'll have to let the folks that got discharged for having sex in a HMMWV know that, so they can petition to be reinstated.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The problem is "good order and discipline." Most people I work with couldn't care less what a person's orientation is. The problem is that there are people out there who, when they find out someone in their squadron is homosexual, will find a way to discriminate or attack that person.
[:/]
These attacks ultimately lead to litigation, possible prison time for the attacker, compensation for the physical and emotional damage to the victim, the possibility that several people will be discharged from the military, and an overall loss of efficiency because of the manpower and resources required to process the whole mess.

This is my view on why it's not a good idea to allow openly homosexual people into the military.

The best things in life are dangerous.

If you'll let me know I'll glady point out your failures in defending the Constitution.

Blues,
Cliff

While you're waiting for his reponse, why don't you go ahead and get the second half of his post out of the way?

You know, the part where you show where you managed to carry out a sworn duty differently?

What sworn duty?

I've completed every contract I've entered to the satisfaction of all parties involved.
Sworn duty?
What the hell are you mumbling about?

Blues,
Cliff

2muchTruth

The problem is "good order and discipline." Most people I work with couldn't care less what a person's orientation is. The problem is that there are people out there who, when they find out someone in their squadron is homosexual, will find a way to discriminate or attack that person.

Really, millertimenc?
What does that say about the professionalism ,honor and integrity of military personelle?
That this is a problem today.
That the other personelle don't step up to stop the harrassment?

For shame!

Blues,
Cliff

2muchTruth

Blues,
Cliff

You know, the part where you show where you managed to carry out a sworn duty differently?

What sworn duty?

I've completed every contract I've entered to the satisfaction of all parties involved.
Sworn duty?

Blues,
Cliff

The SECOND half of Gawain's post - the part you oh-so-conveniently ignored. Go back and re-read it, and then go ahead and answer it. You can show us how YOU carried out your sworn duty differently.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Blues,
Cliff

What sworn duty?

Sworn duty?

Blues,
Cliff

The SECOND half of Gawain's post - the part you oh-so-conveniently ignored. Go back and re-read it, and then go ahead and answer it. You can show us how YOU carried out your sworn duty differently.

What sworn duty did I have , mealticket?

And if I haven't "sworn" duty somehow someone else is relieved the moral obligation of the duty they swore to?

I'm just not following you here !
Please explain what you are getting at.

Oh yeah, one more thing ,mealticket, .. I'm not Barack Obama if that makes a difference.

Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth

What does that say about the professionalism ,honor and integrity of military personelle?

It says nothing about military training but it speaks worlds about what their parents taught them. If you train a kid to be an asshat, then don't act all surprised and indignant when the kid matures into an asshat.
Owned by Remi #?

That's what we're all trying to figure out, "cliff note" - what service you've done that gives you a frame of reference to be able to say jack or shit about the service of our military members.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You know, the part where you show where you managed to carry out a sworn duty differently? Make sure you name the time period where YOU served - if you did.

OT...

I have this covered...

This one time.... at band camp...
Owned by Remi #?

OT...

I have this covered...

This one time.... at band camp...

:D:D:D
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Nice try, but the people who would cause problems by commiting hate crimes are the exception, not the norm...

...but what do I know, I'm just a dumb brainwashed mercenary for hire.

Wait just a second here ,millertimeunc.
Weren't you just telling us what a large problem and disruption it is for gays to serve in the military because " These attacks ultimately lead to litigation, possible prison time for the attacker, compensation for the physical and emotional damage to the victim, the possibility that several people will be discharged from the military, and an overall loss of efficiency because of the manpower and resources required to process the whole mess. "

If all that is "the exception and not the norm" then why is it even an issue for you?
You stated that you don't think gays should be allowed to serve in the military.
But all your reasons are now based on the "exception"

Do you want to sit down, collect your thoughts, have a little cry , and try again.

Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth

Because the "one or two exceptions", i.e. the ones who commit the hate crimes, would cause the trouble by perpetrating attacks against openly homosexual people in the military. Just one attack is a large problem. Put simply, a few exceptions to the rule could cause a lot of problems if there were percieved targets for them to go after.

I expect you knew exactly what I was saying from the start, but you're just fishing for yet another argument. Pitiful, really.
The best things in life are dangerous.

Because the "one or two exceptions", i.e. the ones who commit the hate crimes, would cause the trouble by perpetrating attacks against openly homosexual people in the military. Just one attack is a large problem. Put simply, a few exceptions to the rule could cause a lot of problems if there were percieved targets for them to go after.

So is the military unable to effectively police their own?
Do you believe that the military is incapable of protecting its' own(including gays).
And if it is such a hardship to the point whereas gays should be excluded , how about blacks? Should they also be excluded ? How about Jews? Muslims?

You are telling us that gays should be excluded because there is a disruption when a member of the military violates their civil Rights.
Isn't one of the reasons for the military to ensure our civil Rights?
Blues,
Cliff

2muchTruth

These attacks ultimately lead to litigation, possible prison time for the attacker, compensation for the physical and emotional damage to the victim, the possibility that several people will be discharged from the military, and an overall loss of efficiency because of the manpower and resources required to process the whole mess.

This is my view on why it's not a good idea to allow openly homosexual people into the military.

So.... we should allow crime because prosecuting crime isn't efficient?
Owned by Remi #?

That's what we're all trying to figure out, "cliff note" - what service you've done that gives you a frame of reference to be able to say jack or shit about the service of our military members.

As a freeman I can say what ever I choose,mealticket.
Do you believe in and support the Right to freedom of speech ?

Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth

Blues,
Cliff

Imagine that, cliffnote - as a freeman *I* can say whatever *I* choose, as well, to wit:

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Maybe you should walk a mile in their Kevlar before you run your mouth.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I wonder what would happen to military recruiting if "don't ask. don't tell" was applied to Christianity.

WTF are you on? The military is multidenominational, to include Muslim.

He may be referring to this and other articles like it.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/01/washington/01church.html

It's practically undeniable that certain units at certain times have, in fact, shown strong biases. This was an atmosphere that was created from The White House down and it's no secret to say that former members of the PNAC used "Christianity" to manipulate opinion at The White House in defense briefings.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I wonder what would happen to military recruiting if "don't ask. don't tell" was applied to Christianity.

WTF are you on? The military is multidenominational, to include Muslim.

Right, but it is not multi-orinatational. What if the army was not multidenominational? What if the rule was you can be a Christian if you want to be, but you are not alowed to parade your faith about because it will disrupt the cohesion of the unit as the athiests in the unit will consider you a superstitious fool and thus undependable. Would the Christians just suck it up and make the sacrifices necessary to serve as Mark suggests gays should today?

Interesting. The first time I passed the PT Test was at the end of basic.

The law troubles? Yeah. A problem for those who would need a clearance. Physical? That can be fixed. And the drill sergeant DID fix them.

It's the ones who are in that I worry about. Credit issues? Major problem. Closeted gay? Get rid of that policy for operational security reasons.

I'm telling you, there are general officers who couldn't get in if we knew more about them.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Blues,
Cliff

Imagine that, cliffnote - as a freeman *I* can say whatever *I* choose, as well, to wit:

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Maybe you should walk a mile in their Kevlar before you run your mouth.

Well first off , it's not really "their kevlar" .
The citizenry own it.
Lets get that straight right off the get go.
The citizenry also own every bullet ,rifle, helicopter,fighter jet,and *air transport back*.

We aren't dependant on the military. They certainly aren't fighting *my* wars.

But they are dependant on us if they want to come home.

Thing is ,I don't know how any of them got out there!
Did they go of their own accord?
Certainly they didn't have legitimate orders as
my congress, my representation, hasn't declared war as required by the Constitution.

And those soldiers swore an oath to uphold the constitution.

They want to be in Afghanistan it's their freedom to make that call.

I'm going to work on cutting off the funding for supplies and transport back.

Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth