FOX News in the news

"White House Loses Bid to Exclude Fox News From Pay Czar Interview

The Obama administration on Thursday tried to make "pay czar" Kenneth Feinberg available for interviews to every member of the White House pool except Fox News. But the Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV networks decided that none of their reporters would interview Feinberg unless Fox News was included."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/23/white-house-loses-bid-exclude-fox-news-pay-czar-interview/

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Good. That chickenshit tit-for-tat stuff is generally stupid.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

DUH -- it means if I show boobies, I get a free tattoo! :P

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV networks decided that none of their reporters would interview Feinberg unless Fox News was included

I suspect these guys recognized how quickly accepting any exclusion of ANY network would quickly roll out of control

good for them for remembering the purpose of the press

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

interesting that the press can maintain unity on this, thinking for the much longer term picture. With Fox being the one right leaner, you might think they'd take advantage. But with the last President, and possibly the next, the tables might be reversed, so it's better to maintain unity.

Too bad the Dems and Reps in Congress can't think this way - it's been a non stop tit for tat on nominations going back to Bork.

I hope people just remember this event the next time they decide to talk about the "liberal" media bias of the other networks.

There is, in fact, a higher moral code among journalists that sometimes overrides the politics of "left" and "right". To wit, you might disagree with what somebody has to say, but you'll defend their right to say it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

it's been a non stop tit for tat on nominations going back to Bork.

so I'd say from monitoring Speaker's Corner today that the biggest cause of crapulence in the US

is not Tax Hikes
is not Tax Cuts
is not Reps or Dems

I'm pretty sure it's Tat

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

There is, in fact, a higher moral code among journalists that sometimes overrides the politics of "left" and "right"

:S this particular "higher moral code" was self preservation :S

journalists are people - to romantacize any specific field as having higher or lower morals is nuts - you can only do that with individuals

except for kitten jugglers, of course

I believe you've misinterpreted the statement.

no, I stand by my position on kitten jugglers - they are dispicable

no, I stand by my position on kitten jugglers - they are dispicable

I'm sorry, you have no credibility whatsoever on this issue. You misspelled despicable. Ignorant Liberative :P

Wendy P.

Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV networks decided that none of their reporters would interview Feinberg unless Fox News was included

I suspect these guys recognized how quickly accepting any exclusion of ANY network would quickly roll out of control

good for them for remembering the purpose of the press

Yep.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

interesting that the press can maintain unity on this, thinking for the much longer term picture.

Can you say $$$? This "pool" is established to share expenses. This is why every press conference or televised event is simulcats on all networks from the same camera.

If Fox is excluded then it costs them all more.

I'd also reckon that there are contractual agreements that provide that they've gotta stick together.

Yes, I think that money has a lot to do with this. Journalistic ethics would also play a significant part.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

This is why every press conference or televised event is simulcats on all networks from the same camera.

Actually, that's not entirely true. It depends on the event.

Most address from The Oval Office is the camera of the Office of Communications and staffed by the Navy. That signal is put up on satellite for anyone to downlink, but it's not a "pool" camera.

Most press conferences where there is adequate room to support cameras from all of the major new organizations are covered individually by each organization.

Most addresses from Congress, for example the State of the Union, is provided by C-Span, a non-profit paid for by the cable industry.

When space, decorum or special security even above and beyond the incredible amounts normally in place are an issue, a "pool crew" is picked at random from the existing normal crews of The White House press corp. The agreement is that while being paid by their normal organization, they're really working for all of them at that particular moment.

Eliminating any organization from "the pool" would really have no effect whatsoever financially on the rest of them. They're all working and being paid for by their own organizations anyway.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver