SpeedRacer

86 yr old WWII veteran speaks about gay marriage

It's reinforcement is through the abnormality of homosexuality.

We can or cannot survive (or would it be more or less difficult?) if gay marriage is allowed?

It effects a minority people.

Perhaps you have said before (too lengthy of a thread filled with irrelevance for me to read in its entirety), your statement sounds as if you submit one is born gay. Yes?

It seems there is no conclusive proof why people are gay it's more likely people are born gay.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

That doesn't matter; it's always been wrong in my agrument, because it is wrong. It's the supporters of gay marriage who are being irrational.

Are you really that stupid?

You admit that you're opposition to gay marriage has absolutely nothing to do with any actual reasons that you can explain, it's simply down top your prejudice against it (it feels wrong) and yet you think it's other people who are being irrational? That's mental.

Indeed. And I've several reasons that I've posted earlier. Seems like you weren't paying attention. You were earlier asking for points I've already made.

If somebodies method of arguing upsets you so much, perhaps you'd be better off doing something else.

Your method of argument doesn't upset me. I fucking love it, it makes it so damn easy to prove you wrong at every turn.

Really? Then you should make considerable more effort to support gay people, especially seeing as it's a subject you're very emotional over. I see little effort in your reasoning for gay marriage, other than assertions such as what harm will it do?

(It's also painfully obvious to everyone that you only trot out the 'emotional' card when you can't think of any other way to defend yourself. It's false, it's old and it stands up to no real scrutiny, just like all of your other arguments.

As opposed to dropping it in when you become emotional, snide and rude? I'd rather discuss the issue without emotion, without effort to make somebody look stupid.

Psml

You couldn't even get that right. Says it all, really.

That I made a typo? It's pathetic you feel it necessary to bring up such trivial matters; to that end, I won't bother to counter by bringing up yours.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

>My biggest issue is that I'm against gay marriage.

Right. And from what you've said so far, it's because you think it's just plain wrong. Not because society will be harmed by it, because you've said that you still wouldn't support it if it was shown to help straight marriages survive.

How odd. Where did I say that?

And the "it's just plain wrong" angle is the same angle used by the people who opposed interracial marriages, and kept them illegal in many parts of the US until 1967. Today, you think interracial marriages are OK, and that people who refuse to perform them are racists. Yet they are using the same logic; they just feel interracial marriages are wrong.

Sure. But one is wrong and one isn't. Marriage is an institution; why should it be changed to it's detriment? Why should it be changed where studies have shown this to be so? Why should it be changed so that it'll be easier for incestuous people to marry?

Would you go to a womens only gym and insist it's your human right to become a member?

>Sure. But one is wrong and one isn't.

By your morality, yes. By their morality, interracial marriage is wrong.

>Marriage is an institution; why should it be changed to it's detriment?

The same reason it was changed in 1967. Most of the US opposed that, and most of the US thought that the change would be to its detriment.

A statement by Mildred Loving:

===========
Surrounded as I am now by wonderful children and grandchildren, not a day goes by that I don't think of Richard and our love, our right to marry, and how much it meant to me to have that freedom to marry the person precious to me, even if others thought he was the "wrong kind of person" for me to marry. I believe all Americans, no matter their race, no matter their sex, no matter their sexual orientation, should have that same freedom to marry. Government has no business imposing some people's religious beliefs over others. Especially if it denies people's civil rights.
============

From her perspective, the people trying to keep her from marrying the person she loved had exactly the same attitude that you had - it was just plain wrong.

>Why should it be changed so that it'll be easier for incestual people
>to marry?

Why do you support marriage rights for rapists? (yes, that's just as dumb a question)

>Would you go to a womens only gym and insist it's your human right to
>become a member?

Nope. I'd go to the just-as-good gym next door.

If the United States Government said that I couldn't go to a gym just as good - that I could only go to an 'exercise facility' that could not, by law, include the same stuff - then you can bet your ass I'd insist it's my right to go to a gym.

>Sure. But one is wrong and one isn't.

By your morality, yes. By their morality, interracial marriage is wrong.

>Marriage is an institution; why should it be changed to it's detriment?

The same reason it was changed in 1967. Most of the US opposed that, and most of the US thought that the change would be to its detriment.

What makes you so certain gay marriage won't have a detrimental effect on marriage. Studies indicate the opposite.

A statement by Mildred Loving:

===========
Surrounded as I am now by wonderful children and grandchildren, not a day goes by that I don't think of Richard and our love, our right to marry, and how much it meant to me to have that freedom to marry the person precious to me, even if others thought he was the "wrong kind of person" for me to marry. I believe all Americans, no matter their race, no matter their sex, no matter their sexual orientation, should have that same freedom to marry. Government has no business imposing some people's religious beliefs over others. Especially if it denies people's civil rights.
============

From her perspective, the people trying to keep her from marrying the person she loved had exactly the same attitude that you had - it was just plain wrong.

Just like gay marriage being just plain wrong?

>Why should it be changed so that it'll be easier for incestual people
>to marry?

Why do you support marriage rights for rapists? (yes, that's just as dumb a question)

I don't. Rapists lose their rights by carrying out such acts. If everyone has the right to marry, why can't incests? Why can't pologymists?