funjumper101

Health Care Policy and the Village Idiots

Rachel Maddow had an awesome guest on last night's show. A former religious nutter, he managed to overcome his upbringing and come around to understanding the impotance of knowlege and facts, instead of fear and superstition.

About 20% of the US population do not believe in Evolution and do believe the Creation myth. They consider it fact, not myth. This attitude permeates their whole existence. Fear of knowlege and fact rules their lives. Emotion and belief are what matter to them. Facts are discarded if they conflict with the beliefs and emotions.

These are the Village Idiots of our culture. We need to totally ignore them. We must STOP trying to appease them in any way. They have nothing of value to contribute to society. They revel in their ignorance and work hard to maintain it. Some of them post here.

The village must NOT work to accomodate the village idiots. The idiots must be ignored and we have to do the right things for the village. Anything else is madness.

he managed to overcome his upbringing and come around to understanding the impotance of knowlege and facts

the impotence of knowledge and facts certainly does play as factor a lot in SC lately

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

About 20% of the US population do not believe in Evolution and do believe the Creation myth. They consider it fact, not myth.

20%? Better check your figures on that one.

Too low? probably...

I've recently heard a figure via television media that claimed 60% believe in procreation, but virtually all of those want it removed from politics. I think a lot of these 60% are people who just say they are Christian because their parents were and they have not been to church in decades. My sister is one of those, our family has never been church-bound, but since she's a follower and a suck-up she goes along with everything. So the data is harshly skewed. I call these people, "just-in-casers." What if Jebus is listening and there is a heaven....

As an aside, the logistics of Christianity make it virtually impossible. There are 150,000 people dying on earth every day, there are 86,400 seconds in a day, so if my math is right, that leaves .576 seconds consideration of entry for every person. Is this realistic, even with all the other ridiculous elements of Christianity? Triage would be centuries away; this concept of meeting the maker is ridiculous, not to mention all of the other miracles"he" has to make time for. But you have to leave the door open to remain objective, but it seems to be a futile belief.

Some of them post here.

Say it isn't true.

These are the Village Idiots of our culture. We need to totally ignore them. We must STOP trying to appease them in any way. They have nothing of value to contribute to society. They revel in their ignorance and work hard to maintain it. Some of them post here.

The village must NOT work to accomodate the village idiots. The idiots must be ignored and we have to do the right things for the village. Anything else is madness.

So, you're against the proposed health care policy?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Translation:
--------------

Me, and everyone that agrees with me are competent. All the people that disagree are idiots and incapable of making the correct decisions for themselves.

I know what everyones best interests are, and I'm better at making those decisions for them than they are. I'm unwilling to listen to any contrary beliefs because their opinions are different than my own, and therefore they must be of the aforementioned idiots whom are incapable of rational thought.

:
In Reply To

Translation:
--------------

Me, and everyone that agrees with me are competent. All the people that disagree are idiots and incapable of making the correct decisions for themselves.

Pretty much, creationists are in fact idiots, that are incapable of thinking for themselves, the older they are the weaker the excuse they have for believing such a pile of shit.

I know what everyones best interests are, and I'm better at making those decisions for them than they are. I'm unwilling to listen to any contrary beliefs because their opinions are different than my own, and therefore they must be of the aforementioned idiots whom are incapable of rational thought.

You are describing a creationist there.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/sep/18/obama-ties-immigration-to-health-care-battle/?feat=home_cube_position1

Nope, not covering illeagals:S

you know, you do have the power to remove yourself the village you reference
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You appear to have no interest in listening to what anyone has to say if they disagree with you - bringing up creationism just seems to be your way of attempting to justify it.

There is vast amounts of proof that creationism is incorrect,. I spent years going to church in high school, and attending religious studies. We went to youth group as children, lured in by chocolate bars and candy, rather than well founded facts, we were fed moral bullshit from fools/idiots/lyers that are only kidding themselves.

I suppose you think the pope regularly sends text messages and emails to god?

I suppose you think dinosours did/do not exist?

I suppose you think it was ok for the self proclaimed illuminati to hold back the decimal point and the number zero from the west for a thousand years? gee how enlightened they were.

How about you argue your point rather than opposing ours.

We have facts and you have faith, what is there about creationism that is so concrete that we should just simply have faith in it?

Believers of that shit are quite simply idiots!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Translation:
--------------

You are correct Mr. President.... :D
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

The village must NOT work to accomodate the village idiots. The idiots must be ignored and we have to do the right things for the village. Anything else is madness

Holy crap I agree with you on something! But if us conservatives did that, then alot of the ignorant post out there would never get answered;). Were just trying to get you guys to open your eyes.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Translation:
--------------

. . . are incapable of rational thought.

It would be more fair to say that on certain narrowly defined topics for which they have been brainwashed since birth, they are incapable of rational thought.

I think a lot, if not most people have these blind spots in their logic. It's just that when they are so extreme (talking snakes, virgin births, zombies rising from the grave, a big boat with 2 of every animal, etc) it tends to really stick out.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Rachel Maddow had an awesome guest on last night's show. A former religious nutter, he managed to overcome his upbringing and come around to understanding the impotance of knowlege and facts, instead of fear and superstition.

About 20% of the US population do not believe in Evolution and do believe the Creation myth. They consider it fact, not myth. This attitude permeates their whole existence. Fear of knowlege and fact rules their lives. Emotion and belief are what matter to them. Facts are discarded if they conflict with the beliefs and emotions.

OK.

What does this post have to do with health care?

To me (a recovering Catholic that does believe in evolution and genetic mutation/diversity): This post and many posts in this thread are just rantings of those that are willing to discriminate against others based on their religious beliefs. I had an ancestor hanged on Gallows Hill... I think I know something about witch hunts.

Oh, snap.

Fifty-six percent (56%) of voters nationwide now oppose the health care reform proposed by President Obama and congressional Democrats. That’s the highest level of opposition yet measured and includes 44% who are Strongly Opposed.

Just 43% now favor the proposal, including 24% who Strongly Favor it.

But the overall picture remains one of stability. While the numbers have bounced a bit following nationally televised appearances by the president to promote the plan, opposition has generally stayed above 50% since early July. Support has been in the low to mid 40s.

The number who Strongly Oppose the plan has remained above 40% and the Strongly Favor totals have been in the mid-20s. This suggests public opinion is hardening when it comes to the plan that is currently working its way through Congress.

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Good thing that we elect people to lead us by the nose instead of to be our voice on a national level.

Wait! Uh oh

We're kinda screwed aren't we[:/]

Nah, we're good - we've got funjumper and the rest of the nomenklatura to tell us lumpenprole what to think.

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706