mpohl

This Country is Coming Apart at Its Seams.

Fearmongering from either side is wrong and should be called out.

The inability of either or both sides to have constructive dialog is destructive and counterproductive.

Like the 'constructive dialog' on gun control, where it's only the gun owners that have to give up anything? If you think that this situation is any different, you're deluding yourself.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You're changing the subject. This isn't about gun control. It's about the ability to hold constructive discussion about issues in general and how people can work together without labels, insults, or distractions into areas not part of the discussion.

I didn't say it was - I used it as an example of how the Left views 'constructive discussion'.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Like the 'constructive dialog' on gun control, where it's only the gun owners
>that have to give up anything?

Or on the Iraq war, where the 101st Fighting Keyboarders push as hard as they can for a war in which other people will die.

Or abortion, where the 101st Whining Liberals push as hard as they can for procedures in which unborn babies will die.

Got any more idiotic hyperbole, Bill?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You're proving my point here. Instead of adressing the specific issue as listed, you're attacking the left with examples of bad behavior. It may be true, it may not - I'd have to research your examples before I can give a reasoned answer to them.

Doesn't matter. Your comments boil down to "They do it too!!!"

Of course they do. I'm trying to lift the discussion above that. You're not helping.
Mike Ashley
D-18460
Canadian A-666

Of course they do. I'm trying to lift the discussion above that.

That would be a step in the right direction. One can hope that politics will grow up....

But, even with the bickering and bad manners, I still don't think that I would say that the "country is coming apart at it's seams."

To play devil's advocate here: perhaps asking young people "what they can do to help the president?" could simply be a method to troll new ideas from young people. Kinda like brainstorming - throw everything against the wall and see what sticks. This only works if you ask the question and stand back. Give no guidence for one side or the other. Young folks look at things differently, and we can all do well to listen to their ideas. Sometimes something really good comes out of it. I can attest personally that I've learned as much (or more) from my kids as they have from me.

If they really wanted it to be a guidance free question "what they can do to help the country/world?" would have been a much better way to state it.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Or on the Iraq war, where the 101st Fighting Keyboarders push as hard as they can for a war in which other people will die.

I'm pretty sure it is President Obushma who pushes wars in which other people will die.

"Yes We Can! Kill and Die in Afghanistan!"

Shhhhh - They don't think we've noticed that yet.>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

If they really wanted it to be a guidance free question "what they can do to help the country/world?" would have been a much better way to state it.

Actually, the final revised version was more or less "how can you achieve your goals?" which is a pretty good way to word it.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Ah - 'scuse me, both of you - the Afgan conflict has been going on since 2002. It's a legacy conflict, which was started to find the criminals of 9/11, and then ignored for a number of years. During that time, the situation deteriorated and the bad guys started to both gain ground and strength.

So just how, pray tell, did the present administration "start" this conflict?
Mike Ashley
D-18460
Canadian A-666

But, even with the bickering and bad manners, I still don't think that I would say that the "country is coming apart at it's seams."

Ah, back on topic.

Where are these seams anyway?

Is our butt sticking out?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

So just how, pray tell, did the present administration "start" this conflict?

You haven't noticed any increase in the size, scope and commitment of men and material? No increase in lives lost (on all sides)? No? Nothing at all?

Dude, face it. Win or lose, Afghanistan is Obushma's war.

Let's go, third term!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Anybody who has a problem with what is in there, regardless of who delivers it, is not only arguing for the sake of arguing, but is not giving kids enough credit to see it for what it is - a good old-fashioned pep talk.

And any kid indoctrinated into whatever a person thinks is being indoctrined, is probably already out on the fringe.

I suppose we'll now see a whole new level of partisan bickering over the people that get invited to give commencement speeches.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Maybe they should send in that Obama youth militia he spoke of.

You know, the kids that did that martial arts retarded looking dance while shouting some asinine slogan that Obamacles approved?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9LwUbFy--A

That is who he should send, because anyone Obamacles deems fanatical enough to follow him would make a better warrior than our own military personnel.:S

Dude, face it. Win or lose, Afghanistan is Obushma's war.

Dude, face it, if Bush didn't go half cocked into his own personal vendetta war, maybe we could have accomplished something in Afghanistan.

In stead, while the US was fucking the dog in Iraq, AQ and taliban gained strength. You would think that especially on this day you wouldn't re-write history that much.