warpedskydiver

Somali Christians Beheaded for Converting from Islam

Four Christians working in Somalia to provide services to orphans have been executed by beheading by al-Qaida-linked interests who told their families that is the penalty for apostasy.

The militant said the families would not even be given the bodies, "as Somalia does not have cemeteries for infidels."

One eyewitness said, "All the four apostates were given an opportunity to return to Islam to be released but they all declined the generous offer."

ICC described al-Shabaab as "a radical Islamic organization fighting to establish an Islamic state in Somalia and enforce Wahhabi/Salafi Islam, an ultra-conservative interpretation of Islam practiced by the Taliban and al-Qaida."

Posted: August 11, 2009, by Bob Unruh, WorldNetDaily

Means nothing in context. Explanation please?

"LiveJournal (often abbreviated LJ) is a virtual community where Internet users can keep a blog, journal or diary."

Meaning a forum is a place to start discussion, not just randomly post articles. Simply posting a news clipping that is presumably supposed to incite nothing more than anger, without even talking points or a question is called trolling.
~Bones Knit, blood clots, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars.~

Four Christians working in Somalia to provide services to orphans have been executed by beheading by al-Qaida-linked interests who told their families that is the penalty for apostasy.

The militant said the families would not even be given the bodies, "as Somalia does not have cemeteries for infidels."

One eyewitness said, "All the four apostates were given an opportunity to return to Islam to be released but they all declined the generous offer."

ICC described al-Shabaab as "a radical Islamic organization fighting to establish an Islamic state in Somalia and enforce Wahhabi/Salafi Islam, an ultra-conservative interpretation of Islam practiced by the Taliban and al-Qaida."

A present day illustration of martyrdom for Christ. Once a person experiences a relationship with Jesus he understands that death is not an important enough reason to renounce that relationship.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

A present day illustration of martyrdom for Christ. Once a person experiences a relationship with Jesus he understands that death is not an important enough reason to renounce that relationship.

...which is a separate point from the one I think the OP was impliedly making.

the religious LOVE to bandy about the word "martyr" without really knowing what it means. A martyr is someone of any religion that willingly sacrifices their life in order to further their religious beliefs.

Getting chopped up by jack booted thugs doesnt make someone a martyr in my opinion. Tragic, sure. Anger inciting, certainly. But they didnt exactly carry their own cross up the mount.

1. a person who willingly suffers death rather than renounce his or her religion.
2. a person who is put to death or endures great suffering on behalf of any belief, principle, or cause: a martyr to the cause of social justice.
3. a person who undergoes severe or constant suffering: a martyr to severe headaches.
4. a person who seeks sympathy or attention by feigning or exaggerating pain, deprivation, etc.

I don't think it just has to be for god.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Yea that’s what I was saying you are so brilliant as always.

Well one of these days I will wise up to your level and not disappointment you anymore.:S Keep comparing Christians to people who behead others. I need the laugh.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

1. a person who willingly suffers death rather than renounce his or her religion.
2. a person who is put to death or endures great suffering on behalf of any belief, principle, or cause: a martyr to the cause of social justice.
3. a person who undergoes severe or constant suffering: a martyr to severe headaches.
4. a person who seeks sympathy or attention by feigning or exaggerating pain, deprivation, etc.

I don't think it just has to be for god.

yet in the context it was being used, it was most certainly definition number one. I dont think they necessarily had headaches either.

When the Christian right effects policy that leads us to war. That war kills hundreds of thousands of people that is fine with you?

Kill brown people with bombs is acceptable but beheading is not. For me both are equally troubling.

And by my country I was talking about the USA. The Christian right is like a cancer that plagues this countries progression.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

A present day illustration of martyrdom for Allah. Once a person experiences a relationship with Allah he understands that death is not an important enough reason to renounce that relationship.

Fanatics all sound the same to me.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca