warpedskydiver

Somali Christians Beheaded for Converting from Islam

So you can be a Christian then without going to Church?

Absolutely. The NT encourages us to assemble for growth in The Word, fellowship, ministry and so forth but, it is not mandatory.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Again you are over generalizing what occurred.

The atrocities were perpetuated by all sides and the fact is that religion had little to do with the fighting, it was used as a way to say "oh please help us poor ____" but in the end that was a blood bath perpetuated by greed and power.

To say there was one aggressor is just plain wrong, there were groups who collaborated together and then turned on each other.

Speaking as someone who was also there when the shit was happening i must say +1 for that.
I know first hand that on one front, two sides fought against the third together and on the other side of the country there was the other way around. Plus fights among factions from one side (muslims fighting muslims etc...) That war was all about territory, money and power. Religion was used just for defining who is the enemy to the common folk. And for scaring people. Fear is a perfect tool for turning people into mindless sheep and sending them to fight one another.
Second, all info that world outside was getting was released by big news companies like CNN and for them it is always easier to simplify things, create good guys and bad guys so average Joe could understand more easily what is happening in the murky waters of civil war where everybody is fighting everybody... I do not trust CNN (and alike) for sh*t.
I see this pattern in every single conflict in the world today. Look at Iraq. Everybody is fighting everybody + everybody is fighting Americans... And excuse is what? WMD, freedom, people`s rights, what? No, it`s about oil. And for big companies to make money. But no news will tell you that in the open. It is easier to swallow that US boys are dying for freedom of some distant people, or against evil Islamic terrorists than for oil and big companies profit.
That is, of course, just my opinion.
dudeist skydiver #42

In which case these people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVGmbzDLq5c

Should be court marshalled, removed from theatre and not be posted to any Islamic countries in future.

Yes

If it is violation of a DO they should be.

That is the end of it.

We are not to pick and choose which DO's are followed.

I would have a problems with this behavior and I am in fact Catholic.