warpedskydiver

Somali Christians Beheaded for Converting from Islam

So much for evryone being equal in the eyes of God..... What were you saying about fanatics?

To answer the question, fanatic is an adjective used by the observer to a greater extent than the participant.

The NT covenant states that we all have equal opportunity to come into relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Most refuse to accept the gift.

Equal opportunity is not the same as equal in the eyes of God. Does that therefore mean that you believe that God loves you more than he does a Muslim?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

So much for evryone being equal in the eyes of God..... What were you saying about fanatics?

To answer the question, fanatic is an adjective used by the observer to a greater extent than the participant.

The NT covenant states that we all have equal opportunity to come into relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Most refuse to accept the gift.

Equal opportunity is not the same as equal in the eyes of God. Does that therefore mean that you believe that God loves you more than he does a Muslim?

god hates muslims and lets them burn in hell! :|

god hates buddhists, sikhs, shinto's too..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

No, Muslims have the same option for salvation as anyone through Jesus Christ. Obviously, Muslims have a very small probability of accepting Him.

John 3:15-17 (New King James Version)

15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but[a] have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

You're being evasive here, the question is does God love everyone equally? Not does everyone have an equal opportunity of becoming a Christian. Answer the question.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

No, Muslims have the same option for salvation as anyone through Jesus Christ. Obviously, Muslims have a very small probability of accepting Him.

John 3:15-17 (New King James Version)

15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but[a] have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

why dont you try missioning in a country like afghanistan; i'm pretty sure people would admire your efforts.. :S
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

You're being evasive here, the question is does God love everyone equally? Not does everyone have an equal opportunity of becoming a Christian. Answer the question.

What is evasive? God is love and loves all equally. Not all love God.

2 Peter 3 (New King James Version)9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

why dont you try missioning in a country like afghanistan; i'm pretty sure people would admire your efforts.. :S

Too old. If I were younger I would certainly consider it. A friend of mine is a US NAVY Chaplain, LTCMDR, and he advised me that the military is conducting missionary efforts throughout that part of the world in delicate social interface with foreign commanders.

2 Peter 3 (New King James Version)9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Thank you. So if God loves all equally then why did you make a distinction between Sprit filled Christians, Christmas and Easter Church attenders and the hedge betters?
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Thank you. So if God loves all equally then why did you make a distinction between Sprit filled Christians, Christmas and Easter Church attenders and the hedge betters?

God doesn't make the distinction, men do.

so, you're better than god!? or more knowledgeable!?

you know, "born again christians" are considered a sect here?
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

A friend of mine is a US NAVY Chaplain, LTCMDR, and he advised me that the military is conducting missionary efforts throughout that part of the world in delicate social interface with foreign commanders.

Now there's a monumentally stupid idea.

A friend of mine is a US NAVY Chaplain, LTCMDR, and he advised me that the military is conducting missionary efforts throughout that part of the world in delicate social interface with foreign commanders.

you know, that was a sarcastic comment of mine; guess jesus-freaks dont have a sarcastic sense of humour. but they do seem to be utterly stupid tough..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Thats right, YOU did, why?
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I have respect for his beliefs and his right to them, I'm curious if he feels the same way towards others of different religions. Also I'm curious as to where his line between faith and rationality lays.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Thats right, YOU did, why?

Re: [rlucus] Somali Christians Beheaded for Converting from Islam [In reply to] Quote | Reply
In Reply To
In Reply To
In Reply To
When you start talking about killing others for not believing the same superstition you do, that when you're a fanatic.

A Christian fanatic is anyone who loves Jesus Christ more than you do.

I am not Christian in any way. I know plenty of Christians that are not fanatics. Your definition is flawed.

Are they Spirit filled Christians, carnal Christians or Christmas and Easter Christians hoping to get their ticket punched?

Referencing rlucus post and question. He said he knew Christians whom he did not consider fanatics. Among believers there are "in house" distinctions. Not everyone who attends a church is a Christian. An saying, "Going to church won't make you a Christian anymore than sleeping in a garage will make you a car."

My message is and always has been, to be a Christian you must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ of Nazareth as your personal Lord and Savior. Without that relationship you are merely following a religious dogma, code, tradition, catechism, etc. I guess if you had to label me it would be something like born again, Spirit filled.

*If* the described LCDR (that’s the abbreviation for Lieutenant Commander) is evangelicizing Christianity (“missionary work”), that is counter to US military policy and strategy (counterinsurgency) in Afghanistan as well as domestic Afghan law. That would be personal action on his own.

*If* the LCDR is overseeing economic development or rebuilding health or educational infrastructure ("missionary work") or something similar as part of a Provisional Reconstruction Team (PRT) that would be smart and within US policy and strategy (& NATO's too).

It is not US or DoD policy to evangelicize Christianity (or the beliefs of any other religious sect).

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

It is not US or DoD policy to evangelicize Christianity (or the beliefs of any other religious sect).

It may not be oficial policy but there are stories in the press about US soldiers having Bibles written in Pashto and Dari languages with the intention of distributing them to the locals in Afghanistan. There are also mentions of soldiers being told by Lieutenant-Colonel Gary Hensley, the chief of the US military chaplains in Afghanistan, that as followers of Jesus Christ, they all have a responsibility "to be witnesses for him".

That is a monumentally dumb idea. It looks very much like these idiots are trying to turn the Afghan campaign into a crusade, in the religious war sense of the word. Fucking morons.

It may not be oficial policy but there are stories in the press about US soldiers having Bibles written in Pashto and Dari languages with the intention of distributing them to the locals in Afghanistan. There are also mentions of soldiers being told by Lieutenant-Colonel Gary Hensley, the chief of the US military chaplains in Afghanistan, that as followers of Jesus Christ, they all have a responsibility "to be witnesses for him".

That is a monumentally dumb idea. It looks very much like these idiots are trying to turn the Afghan campaign into a crusade, in the religious war sense of the word. Fucking morons.

I am familiar with those actions, as well as others. Understand and agree with the perils of pursuing evangelical actions in Afghanistan or it even being perceived as a "religious war."

Nonetheless, “Proselytizing of any religion, faith, or practice” is in direct violation of US Central Command’s General Order Number 1B (GO-1B).

That doesn’t mean folks don’t do it. They’re just acting in violation of orders and against military policy.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying