JohnRich

Would you still vote for Obama, if...

If you had known in advance of the 2008 elections, that President Obama, within his first 100 days in office, that:
  1. The federal government would be in control of both the mortgage and the banking industries.
  2. The federal government would take over the big-three automakers: Ford, GM, and Chrysler.
  3. Obama would appoint 21 Czars, without congressional approval, accountable only to him, with control over a wide range of US policy decisions.
  4. The federal deficit would be $915 billion in the first six months of the Obama presidency - with a projected annual deficit of $1.75 trillion.
  5. Obama would order FBI agents to read Miranda rights to high-value prisoners of war, and that Obama would order the closing of Guantanamo with no plan for the disposition of the prisoners.
  6. The federal government would seek powers to seize financial companies.
  7. Obama would travel to the Middle East, bow before the Saudi king, and repeatedly apologize for America 's past actions.
  8. Obama wants to dismantle conservative talk radio through the imposition of a new "Fairness Doctrine."
  9. The federal government wants to reinstate the so-called assault weapons ban.
  10. Obama plans to eliminate states rights guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment and give the federal government sweeping new powers over policies currently the province of local and state governments.
  11. That Obama plans to control the schools, energy production, the environment, health care, and the wealth of every US citizen.
If you knew all that in advance of the 2008 election, would you still vote for Obama?

If you had known in advance of the 2008 elections, that President Obama, within his first 100 days in office, that:

1. The federal government would be in control of both the mortgage and the banking industries.
  2. The federal government would take over the big-three automakers: Ford, GM, and Chrysler.
  3. Obama would appoint 21 Czars, without congressional approval, accountable only to him, with control over a wide range of US policy decisions.
  4. The federal deficit would be $915 billion in the first six months of the Obama presidency - with a projected annual deficit of $1.75 trillion.
  5. Obama would order FBI agents to read Miranda rights to high-value prisoners of war, and that Obama would order the closing of Guantanamo with no plan for the disposition of the prisoners.
  7. Obama would travel to the Middle East, bow before the Saudi king, and repeatedly apologize for America 's past actions.
  8. Obama wants to dismantle conservative talk radio through the imposition of a new "Fairness Doctrine."
  10. Obama plans to eliminate states rights guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment and give the federal government sweeping new powers over policies currently the province of local and state governments.
  11. That Obama plans to control the schools, energy production, the environment, health care, and the wealth of every US citizen.
If you knew all that in advance of the 2008 election, would you still vote for Obama?

Dont forget the lie about NOT taxing other health insurance programs

Not increasing taxes to pay for his programs

Un-employment will not exceed 8% if we pass his stimulas pachage

ect ect ect....[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Would you still vote for Obama, if...

the alternative was John McCain? Yes.
the alternative was Hillary Clinton? Yes.
the alternative was Ron Paul? No.

>That Obama plans to control the schools, energy production, the
>environment, health care, and the wealth of every US citizen.

He's going to "control the environment?" Wow! No doubt he will first get control of the environment and then destroy it, at least for conservatives. Will he grab your guns next?

>Obama wants to dismantle conservative talk radio through the imposition of
>a new "Fairness Doctrine."

I can see how any requirement for any sort of fairness would destroy conservative talk radio.

He's going to "control the environment?" Wow! No doubt he will first get control of the environment and then destroy it, at least for conservatives. Will he grab your guns next?

I can see how any requirement for any sort of fairness would destroy conservative talk radio.

I'm impressed Bill. I wouldn't have pegged you for a Ron Paul supporter.....:)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I'm impressed Bill. I wouldn't have pegged you for a Ron Paul supporter.....:)

The media picked McCain and Obama
I would have voted for Paul had he been on the ballot
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I hate to admit it, but I'm wavering on that one. Obama seems to actually believe in things (definitely not the same things I believe in, but I give him credit for having ideals and sticking to them), where Clinton has always seemed mostly to believe in amassing political power. But Obama keeps doing weird stuff that seems to contradict his stated principles, and I'm beginning to worry that he may just have a better poker face than Clinton.

I think I'm still at "admire the guy, disagree with his policies", but I worry that I'm getting closer to "feel like he sold me a bill of goods about who he is."
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Author David Baldacci had one of his characters partition DC politicians into these two groups, Townies and Zombies. My opinion is that Hillary is a Townie-someone who loves the game and focuses on building power inside the beltway. Barry O is a Zombie-Someone who's goal was to get elected but once they achieve that, doesn't really know what to do when they get there. There's not a classification for people that have a desire to serve and have the best interests of the nation at heart[:/]

You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Uhm, why isn't there a market for liberal talk radio?

Because, for the most part, "libs" don't like loud, deliberate, misinformation, no matter who says it. Most "libs" that I know prefer peer reviewed literature, original sources and rational discussion to fallacious arguments.

>He wants to.

I hear he's not even a citizen!

He has yet to prove that he was not the product of Caesarian section. Since that was not a common procedure when the Constitution was written, the framers did not know who they were disqualifying by insisting on "natural born" citizens.

>He wants to.

He has yet to prove that he was not the product of Caesarian section. Since that was not a common procedure when the Constitution was written, the framers did not know who they were disqualifying by insisting on "natural born" citizens.

Clever! I hadn't thought of it like that before. :)
/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

>He wants to.

Clever! I hadn't thought of it like that before. :)
/Marg

Ignoring my posts?:o

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3415137;search_string=caesarean;#3415137

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Why stop there...would you still have voted for McCain if you'd known that he would launch nuclear missiles at Russia the day after he took office?

Personally, based on what I've seen so far, I'd still vote for Obama. This does not imply I think your list is a responsible or accurate representation of his actions in his first 100 days of Presidency.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

That English guy who wrote MacBeth (as in the play MacBeth, not the DZ.commer) was certainly aware of the potential for a play on words there--and he was writing a couple centuries before the Constitution.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

Many of these are first steps whose necessity (or at least probability) was already fairly clear by the time of the general election (although not necessarily during the primary season). Obama should not be judged harshly because Bush left him a huge array of problems--but Obama can legitimately be criticized if a different new president might have been able to solve the Bush legacy problems better.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014