Darius11

Jesse Ventura on Hannity

I guess I missed the part of that video where the jenga blocks were set on fire.

My guess is that you've missed quite a bit.

I'm prepared to be dazzled.

On one hand, I have a Navy SEAL trained in demolition and experienced in it as well talking about crashing a jet full of fuel into the upper levels of an iron framed building. He doesn't believe that the collapse of the building is consistent with the circumstances, but would like to recreate the circumstances to either support or disprove his theory.

On the other hand, I have Quade. You have high school physics and jenga blocks.

Tough decision as far as credibility.

I don't know what to think about it. But those are some good points. He was a Navy seal.
If he has questions again he has questions not determinations I don’t feel so bad about having some.

I just never understand demonizing people who ask with the people who are so sure that there 100% right.

I also don't get how passports survived but the buildings steel melted.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

His opinion is that the bottom of the iron support structure would have to be compromised for the building to collapse in the manner that it did.

Ok.... so, how would damage to the BOTTOM of the building cause a collapse starting almost at the top of the building, pray tell?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

On one hand, I have a Navy SEAL trained in demolition and experienced in it

OK, he was a SEAL trained in demolition. SO FUCKING WHAT! I have no reason to think that Navy SEALS are trained in the demolition of buildings, it would likely mean they know how to use explosives as a special forces soldier would need to use them, which is only remotely the same as a building demolition expert. Not at all the same, I would think.

How can people wonder why a passport would survive? WTF? Why is that surprising? Things get thrown and blown all over from all the floors during the collapse, but the presence of a passport or any other piece of paper is supposed to be important, give me a break!
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

His opinion is that the bottom of the iron support structure would have to be compromised for the building to collapse in the manner that it did.

Ok.... so, how would damage to the BOTTOM of the building cause a collapse starting almost at the top of the building, pray tell?

It was his opinion based upon the enlightenment gained from watching the loose change video! In other words, based upon pure bullshit speculation and seat-of-their-stupid-ass physics.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>the base of the building would have had to have been blown for the collapse to
>occur.

Except the collapse didn't start at the base; it started at the impact point.

>He said he could also be wrong and that we should recreate the circumstances to
>see what would happen.

I guess we could use the Sears Tower, with some modifications.

You all need to get to K Y jelly and get together to satisfy your tingley leg syndroms

:D:D

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I guess I missed the part of that video where the jenga blocks were set on fire.

My guess is that you've missed quite a bit.

I'm prepared to be dazzled.

On one hand, I have a Navy SEAL trained in demolition and experienced in it as well talking about crashing a jet full of fuel into the upper levels of an iron framed building. He doesn't believe that the collapse of the building is consistent with the circumstances, but would like to recreate the circumstances to either support or disprove his theory.

Tough decision as far as credibility.

Navy SeAL's are only trained to set up explosive charges. All Claymores say "this side towards enemy". If you were to ask him about types of explosives and explosive effects, you would get a blank stare. His training has absolutely no explanations in the physics of a shape charge.

Any moron who is all wrapped up in conspiracy theories about the trade towers really needs to re-read the official findings for why the towers collapsed. A person would have to have a really closed mind to not understand what happened.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

He said he didn't believe the building would fall directly down as both did unless they were blown.

They didn't fall directly down. In other words, his disbelief appears to be based on an inaccurate account of events.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

They fell more or less straight down for the same reason the Jenga blocks in this video do not topple.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9BmTmMEOhQ

Fabulous. I was looking for a good idea for tonight's science experiment.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Hannity is annoying and preachy, but not an extremist. That word gets used a little too often by both sides.

Well, I did confess to not really knowing. My take on him is just from a few bites I've heard and other people's opinions. What I've heard and from others gives me an image of a Rush Limbaugh knock-off.

Is he not as bad as that?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I'll take Burning Stack Of Jenga Blocks for $1000 Bob.

His opinion is that the bottom of the iron support structure would have to be compromised for the building to collapse in the manner that it did. That would mean that the jet fuel and fire would have had to have made it all the way to the bottom of the building. He didn't think that was feasible. It was his opinion that the jet fuel would have burned up while it was still on the upper floors of the building and the base of the building would have had to have been blown for the collapse to occur. He said he could also be wrong and that we should recreate the circumstances to see what would happen.

In other words, he did not actually understand the investigative reports or their findings at all.

How can people wonder why a passport would survive? WTF? Why is that surprising? Things get thrown and blown all over from all the floors during the collapse, but the presence of a passport or any other piece of paper is supposed to be important, give me a break!

But is such a great CT talking point:

<> Steel, glass, and concrete building reduced to rubble, but . . .

PASSPORRTS SURVIVE!

It must have been done by aliens.

They mostly got pissed off because they couldn't get majority recognition for their crop circles.

"If you were to come to Minnesota, I could have you locked up like that. That's power." Jesse Ventura

That picture makes it a lock. Ventura and Rodman, switched at birth.

Well, I did confess to not really knowing. My take on him is just from a few bites I've heard and other people's opinions. What I've heard and from others gives me an image of a Rush Limbaugh knock-off.

Is he not as bad as that?

Think Rush Limbaugh without the sense of humor and with more Christianity thrown in. Of course, Rush Limbaugh isn't an extremist, either. The word "extreme" has lost all meaning because it gets attached to any description of the side that disagrees with the speaker--especially on these forums.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

Question -- who would you consider to be a conservative or right-side extremist?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Question -- who would you consider to be a conservative or right-side extremist?

Wendy P.

An extremist would be someone who advocates or uses violence to support their cause.

On the left:
Al Gore = not extreme.
People who hammer spikes into tress so loggers get injured = extreme.

On the right:
Rush Limbaugh = not extreme.
Abortion clinic bombers = extreme.

People nowadays don't reserve the word for the real nut jobs. They throw it around as a cheap attempt to discredit the other side without putting any mental effort into their own arguments.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

Well when the passport is from one of the hijackers on a plan that burst in to flames as it rammed in to a building it kind of makes you wonder.

Like I said you are so sure of every thing I am not I don’t think I just magically know every thing to the point that questions are not allowed.

we have seen what being 100% sure and not asking questions has done for us in the past 8 years.

Go ahead and vote for him, he won't do anything for you

Oh yea unlike all the other ones who have helped so much.

I like his honesty, and i love people who are not full of shit and pc all the time.

I don't know his life i am not his stalker. I liked what he said to hannity.

PASSPORRTS SURVIVE!

It must have been done by aliens.

I love the reaction some of you have to questions.

Its funny when some are the same people who were sure about Iraq, the war, WMD, Torture, and the list goes on and on and on…………..

Good on you guys. Keep not asking questions and reassuring each other that your always right even if your wrong.

What a comfortable world you guys live in, granted you will never actually learn anything but comfortable none the less.
:S

How does one know it all? and become so sure of one self?

I think you mnealtx, pirana, and sundevil777 should keep the KY for your own use. You guys sure seem to need it.

It seems that you guys know it all, and are just so sure of everything. To the point where the only reaction you have is mocking the people who actually say hey I am not so sure. Maybe we should find out.

Its fascinating for me how people can be dead wrong so often and so sure of themselves consistently.

Not to mention refuse all facts that do not support their view no matter the source and reach for any hearsay or BS they can find that supports their view point.

In matters of Bush, Iraq, WMD, Iran, 9-11 and Israel you guys just know it all no matter what the facts are.