wayneflorida

On April 19, 1775 British marched to Concord to----

Having the fortune of attending highschool in the US and Europe, history is definitely a matter of opinion. It was quite amazing to see the differences in what is taught based on your location.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Having the fortune of attending highschool in the US and Europe, history is definitely a matter of opinion. It was quite amazing to see the differences in what is taught based on your location.

True, history is slanted by opinion.
Is there a difference between the US and
European history pertaining to 19 April 1775?

Prove to me that skidivers know their history.:)

Would "confiscate the weapons hidden by the Colonists" be the right answer?

Just another group of gun grabbers:)

but it is ok for Obama to take the guns

Serious question for the gun nuts:

When has anyone ever said they want to get rid of all guns? I've heard people supporting gun control, but never have I ever heard someone call for gun eradication.

>but it is ok for Obama to take the guns

Obama took your guns? Really? That's too bad. Was it very scary when he came to haul them away?

I don't own any guns, but I know Obama wants to take them, and if the NRA and others don't stop him and other liberals, the guns will go away.

Even though I don't have any guns i still want every law abiding citizen to own as many and any type of guns they want. I feel safer when I know good people have them and less safer when they don't. I hope if IO am ever in a bad situation that someone has a gun to shoot the son of a bitch that shouldn't have one

When has anyone ever said they want to get rid of all guns? I've heard people supporting gun control, but never have I ever heard someone call for gun eradication.

Ask that question in England or Australia. First it was the "scary" guns, then it was the less scary, then it was all the guns.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I'm in favor of skydiving "controls".

I don't want to take away all of your parachutes--just the square ones.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Ask that question in England or Australia. First it was the "scary" guns, then it was the less scary, then it was all the guns.

Interesting. If that is the case in England and Australia, I would say it is very relevant and might go a very long way to changing the way I view the situation.

Not quite. That would be like saying you want to take away shotguns and hunting rifles, but we can keep muzzle loaders.

I'm actually curious about this. I've never heard anyone even remotely credibly say they are working toward gun eradication. It seems to me that the fight is over control, not eradication. I can't envision the possibility of gun eradication, but it is constantly thrown out as a line in the sand by the pro side even though I can't ever remember it being brought up by the control side.

Not quite. That would be like saying you want to take away shotguns and hunting rifles, but we can keep muzzle loaders.

I disagree. It's more like saying you want to take away semi-auto (self-loading) firearms, and leave only bolt action weapons in private hands.

I honestly have a hard time seeing where an "assault weapon" can be realistically differentiated from just a semi-automatic (self-loading) firearm.

edit to add: while we're at it, I think there are certain rounds that I'd like to ban, as well--say the one's made out of ZP fabric. That would be equivalent to banning single shot rifles if I didn't like the caliber they are made in (like 50 BMG).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Interesting. If that is the case in England and Australia, I would say it is very relevant and might go a very long way to changing the way I view the situation.

How about THIS or THIS?

The fact that "slippery slope" is a logical fallacy in most cases doesn't mean it isn't true with regard to gun control.

And Mayor Ray Nagin had the cops confiscate ALL the guns in the wake of hurricane Katrina. Even though courts have ruled it was illegal, most people haven't gotten them back.
And many that have found that the guns are a single chunk of rust due to poor storage
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

How about THIS or THIS?

The fact that "slippery slope" is a logical fallacy in most cases doesn't mean it isn't true with regard to gun control.

And Mayor Ray Nagin had the cops confiscate ALL the guns in the wake of hurricane Katrina. Even though courts have ruled it was illegal, most people haven't gotten them back.
And many that have found that the guns are a single chunk of rust due to poor storage

this is the problem with our currant government, they will chip away at our fredom and liberty until one day we wake up and realize it is gone

>I don't own any guns, but I know Obama wants to take them . . .

So he wants to take your imaginary guns with an imaginary law? No problem. Just use your imaginary forcefield to stop the imaginary gun grabbers and all will be well.

>if the NRA and others don't stop him and other liberals, the guns will
>go away.

=======================
Richard Poplawski: Was Pittsburgh shooter driven by right-wing gun paranoia about Obama?

David Neiwert
Saturday Apr 04, 2009 11:00am

Some of the early reports out of Pittsburgh indicate the man who shot three cops today was fearful that the Obama administration was going to "take away his guns."

A man opened fire on officers during a domestic disturbance call Saturday morning, killing three of them, a police official said. Friends said he feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns.

Three officers were killed, said a police official at the scene who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media. Police spokeswoman Diane Richard would only say that at least five officers were wounded, but wouldn't give any other details.

... One friend, Edward Perkovic, said the gunman feared "the Obama gun ban that's on the way" and "didn't like our rights being infringed upon." Another longtime friend, Aaron Vire, said he feared that President Obama was going to take away his rights, though he said he "wasn't violently against Obama."

Perkovic, a 22-year-old who said he was the gunman's best friend, said he got a call at work from him in which he said, "Eddie, I am going to die today. ... Tell your family I love them and I love you."

He feared an Obama gun grab? Gee, I wonder where he could have heard that.

Indeed, a story replete with NRA-style fearmongering about the looming "grab" -- which has been fueling a run on guns at local shops -- ran just three days ago in the Pittsburgh Tribune.

We've been reporting for awhile on the surge in gun sales, and how the paranoia around guns is making the more unstable elements of the right particularly edgy. Inevitably, that edginess is going to break out into actual violence -- as it appears to have done today.
=====================

Bollox, I belong to a Gun club in London and know many people who have revolvers & rifles that they keep at home and shoot often.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Bollox, I belong to a Gun club in London and know many people who have revolvers & rifles that they keep at home and shoot often.

Ok, I don't live there. I was under the impression that pistols and semi-auto rifles were prohibited, and that other firearms were highly restricted.

Gun Laws in Other Countries