JohnRich

Michelle Obama Sets a New "First"

News:
Glamour First

Michelle Obama is the nation's first first lady to add a full-time makeup artist to her traveling entourage, according to stylists who have worked with presidential wives over the past 16 years.

Makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, helped create Obama's signature look on her inaugural trip to Europe last week. Last week, Grimes-Miles joined "First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, aboard Air Force One as official guests of the president, during their six-day trip across Europe.
Source: http://www.nypost.com/seven/04122009/news/nationalnews/glamour_first_164080.htm

Way to go Michelle! You're looking good! And you too, Barack!

Jeezus JR, can't find anything better for a Sunday swipe at the Obamas ? Thought you'd at least be complaining about the new puppy pooping in the White House....

Still beats George W using US military personnel as his personal food tasters, to test for poison (as reported in National Geographic Magazine). Considering that even the Saudi royal swine use lab rats for the same purpose and just as effectively without endangering their sons or daughters.....

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Still beats George W using US military personnel as his personal food tasters, to test for poison (as reported in National Geographic Magazine).

Wow, that comment almost made the beer come out of my nose. I also heard he likes to spike midgets off the ground and punch the Easter bunny in the face.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

Michelle Obama is the nation's first first lady to add a full-time makeup artist to her traveling entourage, according to stylists who have worked with presidential wives over the past 16 years.

"Over the past 16 years" means "Mrs Clinton and Mrs Bush", right?

She's definitely better looking; why not?
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

why not?

Just to answer that question above (not to bust on Mrs. Obama)

Because when so many are claiming that we are in a horrible economy, when the government debt is being printed on paper not worth the value, when times are tight

Don't spend money on frivolities.

A nice way to think about it is if you only have $5 to spend, would you spend it on flour or flowers?

Now... in defense of Mrs. Obama, I would be interested to know if this make-up artisy is truly on the government expense tab or if Mrs. Obama is paying for this out of her personal finances. She has some funding in her own right and if this is out of her pocket, who are we to complain at all?

I also heard he likes to spike midgets off the ground and punch the Easter bunny in the face.

HEY>:( Don't knock it until you've tried it!
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

The Obamas privately paid for the travel expenses of the styling team, according to a spokeswoman for the first lady. But the high-profile jobs don't pay much, say former White House stylists.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04122009/news/nationalnews/glamour_first_164080.htm

Obama Pays for White House Makeover

And, like all Presidents, pay for their own food.

Now, let's get back to war and economy shit, please. :)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

A nice way to think about it is if you only have $5 to spend, would you spend it on flour or flowers?

Even cosmetics manufacturers contribute to the economy and employ workers.

And the Obamas have more than $5 to spend. Who are YOU to tell them how to spend it?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

News:

Glamour First

Makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, helped create Obama's signature look on her inaugural trip to Europe last week. Last week, Grimes-Miles joined "First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, aboard Air Force One as official guests of the president, during their six-day trip across Europe.
Source: http://www.nypost.com/seven/04122009/news/nationalnews/glamour_first_164080.htm

Way to go Michelle! You're looking good! And you too, Barack!

Glad to see where my tax dollars are going.

And the Obamas have more than $5 to spend. Who are YOU to tell them how to spend it?

do you honestly believe Mrs Obama paid for the make-up?

Did you read my whole post and got confused or just got so excited at the thought of attacking anyone that you think might think differently from you that you just responded with only reading a portion of a comment?

Can we say "out of context", boys and girls?

IF they were using gov't funding, and the gov't is broke - don't spend my tax money on her makeup.

But...

I even stated in my post that IF IT WAS HER MONEY... that it's none of our business.

- was that easier to read this time?

>I even stated in my post that IF IT WAS HER MONEY... that it's none
>of our business.

=================
The Obamas privately paid for the travel expenses of the styling team, according to a spokeswoman for the first lady. But the high-profile jobs don't pay much, say former White House stylists.

"You do it because you know you will have some prestige and you will be able to make money later," Portelli said.
=================

>I even stated in my post that IF IT WAS HER MONEY... that it's none
>of our business.

=================

"You do it because you know you will have some prestige and you will be able to make money later," Portelli said.
=================

Shhhhhhh

the right wing is on a roll of desparation.... don't try to confuse them with facts.... its more fun to watch them spin and spit

Did you read my whole post and got confused or just got so excited at the thought of attacking anyone that you think might think differently from you that you just responded with only reading a portion of a comment?

Can we say "out of context", boys and girls?

Explain how your comment

"A nice way to think about it is if you only have $5 to spend, would you spend it on flour or flowers?"

is IN CONTEXT with respect to the Obamas?

To paraphrasea a wise man: Cast the log from your own eye before worrying about the speck in someobne else's eye.

TO ALL OF THOSE INCAPABLE OR UNWILLING TO COMPREHEND SIMPLE IF/THEN STATEMENTS:

My initial post was in reply to georgerussia who asked: "She's definitely better looking; why not? "
My answer was:

Just to answer that question above (not to bust on Mrs. Obama)

Because when so many are claiming that we are in a horrible economy, when the government debt is being printed on paper not worth the value, when times are tight

Now... in defense of Mrs. Obama, I would be interested to know if this make-up artisy is truly on the government expense tab or if Mrs. Obama is paying for this out of her personal finances. She has some funding in her own right and if this is out of her pocket, who are we to complain at all?

BIGUN provided reference in his post that she did fund this herself, therefore my statement "who are we to complain at all?" applies.

Then jerryzflies felt he had a right to take a swing with a indignant "Who are YOU to tell them how to spend it?" (again... look ABOVE where I said we aren't able to complain if it is out of her pocket)

so AGAIN I stated

IF they were using gov't funding, and the gov't is broke - don't spend my tax money on her makeup.

But...

I even stated in my post that IF IT WAS HER MONEY... that it's none of our business.

billvon THEN re-referenced the fact that Mrs. Obama paid for it herself (post 17... basically restates post 11)

Amazon got her cut in. (not so shocking)

And now CaptSlog asks:

Explain how your comment

"A nice way to think about it is if you only have $5 to spend, would you spend it on flour or flowers?"

is IN CONTEXT with respect to the Obamas?

To paraphrasea a wise man: Cast the log from your own eye before worrying about the speck in someobne else's eye.

so for a THIRD time:

IF it had been funded by the White House, by the government, by MY tax money - I would rather that be spent on necessities... since we, as a nation, are broke - I want my tax money going to flour. I don't want my money taken from me to be spent flowers.

IF she had paid that tab, then it's none of our business.

Since it HAS been stated TWICE now that it was privately funded... there is no issue. I just didn't care enough about her make up to research whether it was on her credit card... I just gave my opinion in If/Then situations.

IF it had been funded by the White House, by the government, by MY tax money - I would rather that be spent on necessities... since we, as a nation, are broke - I want my tax money going to flour. I don't want my money taken from me to be spent flowers.

It is tax payer money - his salary. But I would hope that he is able to spend that as they see fit, since the role of the First Lady generally precludes earning income during the term in office.