3 Dead Pirates

Good job! Probably pulled off by SEALs or something. Can't wait for details.

"U.S. intelligence official says American sea captain rescued from Somali pirates. Three pirates were killed and one is in custody, the official said."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,514719,00.html

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Ever since I read that one of those nearby ships had SEALs on it, I was wondering what might happen next. With closed-circuit dive gear, there could have been one or more SEALs hanging out continuously under the boat for days w/o the pirates having a clue.

I thought it would have been amusing if the captain jumped overboard only to find himself pulled under and a regulator shoved in his mouth.:ph34r:

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

These Somalis are Muslim pirates. They don't even get to drink rum.

Three of them will get their "Ho, Ho, Ho's"

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

they should throw the 4th pirate overboard after putting a bullet in his head. Its unbelievable that we will (if he gets brough back to USA) have to pay for a trial and even for a lawyer for him....
but still... at least 3 of the fuckers are no longer wasting oxygen

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Good job! Probably pulled off by SEALs or something. Can't wait for details.

Latest details on the web are that it was a SEAL operation that had President Obama's personal approval (for all you Obama haters out there....).

I was sure the Navy wasn't going to let this one slide by. Not after the French intervened with their own pirate/hostage crisis a few days ago, where unfortunately a French citizen was killed in an otherwise successful rescue of his wife and child. Especially since the Navy's first historic overseas mission was to go after the Barbary Pirates back in the 1790's.

Pirate # 4 needs to get a load of the spectacular view from the yardarm. I think theNavy should hoist him and leave there too - as a decoration and a warning. Does the modern Navy still keep any rope on their ships ?? Anyone ??

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Somali pirates captured earlier this year by the US Navy have been transferred to Kenyan authorities for prosecution, as have Somali pirates captured by Germany and France. Suspect the case will be the same with the one remaining pirate in this case.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

All I can say is what took em so long;) if there smart they wont reveal how they did it,
But I'm sure the media will get a former operator to spill the beans they always do>:(

Probably not a good idea to publicize a technique that may be useful later on.

I'm thinking it would be a shame if the pirates started boarding ships in the future, only to find the ship was unmanned, remotely-controlled, and also had remotely-controlled explosives on board.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Anyone besides me think that the official story about what happened sounds a bit far fetched?

"Well, we saw that one of them was pointing a gun at the hostage, so we had snipers from the ship a thousand yards away pick them off, even though they were all inside a totally enclosed lifeboat."

I've got no problem with not revealing the methodology. I just think that it's more likely that it involved scuba gear and infrared sensors than the three snipers shooting into an enclosed container.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Anyone besides me think that the official story about what happened sounds a bit far fetched?

I'm guessing here, but I'm thinking the reporter simply didn't have the right words at his disposal (uneducated) so used "sniper".

I think killing off the pirates is probably the best thing and should be done as frequently as required until they get the message; don't screw around with US flagged ships.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Does the modern Navy still keep any rope on their ships ??

They do, but they call it line, unless it's real big. Then they call it hawser. Sometimes the Navy is just like the French; they have a different word for everything.

Serve and volley to Wrightskyguy.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

I heard a rumor that they were picked off like they were part of a "smash the mole" game.

One pirate stuck his head out and was shot. Then, another stuck his head out to see where it came from and was shot. Then, another one still could not figure out what was going on and stuck his head out and was shot.

These guys must have been about as sharp as a bowling ball.

Well the one that survived must be the smart one because he did not stick his head out.

Hats off to the U.S. Navy. Well done, and welcome home to Captain Phillips.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Well the one that survived must be the smart one because he did not stick his head out.

I heard that he was already on board the Bainbridge "negotiating" which may actually mean (again, implied in a news story) that he had already surrendered.

Honestly, I can't imagine what you'd have to believe about your own bravado to stay in that situation. Let's see--we're adrift in a lifeboat, we've got AK-47's and we're surrounded by warships and probably have a SEAL team swimming underneath us...I'd have surrendered pretty quickly if I was in their shoes.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

The one that survived was already in custody.
There were only 3 on the boat at the time.

Latest details on the web are that it was a SEAL operation that had President Obama's personal approval (for all you Obama haters out there...)

See this story for details:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090413/ap_on_re_af/piracy

The "lifeboat" was under tow behind the Navy ship at the time, so the distance couldn't have been that great. One pirate was aboard for negotiations. The other three were shot by SEALS from the fantail of the Navy tow boat. Excellent job!

Now King Obama has to deal with the consequences:
Abdullahi Lami, one of the pirates holding the Greek ship anchored in the Somali town of Gaan, said: "Every country will be treated the way it treats us. In the future, America will be the one mourning and crying," he told The Associated Press. "We will retaliate (for) the killings of our men."

Jamac Habeb, a 30-year-old self-proclaimed pirate, told the AP from one of Somalia's piracy hubs, Eyl, that: "From now on, if we capture foreign ships and their respective countries try to attack us, we will kill them (the hostages)."

"Now they became our number one enemy," Habeb said of U.S. forces.
Obama is about to get a real-life lesson in terrorism, that doesn't play well to his teleprompter.