Skyrad

Ban Gay Marriage and Civil Unions

huh?

exactly.

Trying to figure out if you're responding to me and equating me not caring about two dudes getting married to the remainder of your shopping list.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

It's about control ... if the government would 'prefer' that people are married, then they offer incentives, in the form of preferential tax rates for married people.

A better question may be, why would the government 'prefer' people to be married?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I support Civil unions for EVERYONE as the legal, civil device that conveys community property, partner benefits, etc, etc. THEN if you want a RELIGIOUS MARRIAGE go to the religion of your choice. Governments should issues CIVIL UNION licenses, religious institutions Marrige Certificates.

Everyone has the same civil rights, and the religions can impose the rules they want on there sacred institution of marriage as they define it.

except that there were marriages long before religion came along - marriage is not a religious concept :)
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

except that there were marriages long before religion came along - marriage is not a religious concept :)

:S

fine - let's delete the terms marriage and civil unions completely and define new terms

"mgomfrock" - this now applies to private ceremonies and the various religions can use it or come up with their own terms

and let's define the term "D'hummmm'it'lsnak" and that will be exclusively used by the government to be used as an acknowledged partnershipping agreement between two or more adults to apply a limited list of assumed benefits such as common property requirements, hospital visitations, etc....

now we can all be happy and keep the stupid semantics out of it

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

:S

fine - let's delete the terms marriage and civil unions completely and define new terms

"mgomfrock" - this now applies to private ceremonies and the various religions can use it or come up with their own terms

and let's define the term "D'hummmm'it'lsnak" and that will be exclusively used by the government to be used as an acknowledged partnershipping agreement between two or more adults to apply a limited list of assumed benefits such as common property requirements, hospital visitations, etc....

now we can all be happy and keep the stupid semantics out of it

it's stupid semantics to invent a new word (two new words even) when the one, original word will do - marriage :)
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Trying to figure out if you're responding to me and equating me not caring about two dudes getting married to the remainder of your shopping list.

yes, this is the list that came to mind after reading your post, but I was mainly just talking to myself...

sorry to be so disconcerting...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

yes, this is the list that came to mind after reading your post, but I was mainly just talking to myself...

sorry to be so disconcerting...

Sure. Kind of a stretch there, don't you think? So you think that two dudes ass fucking under a legal contract is the same as a deranged Korean gunning down a campus full of students or are you just talking to yourself still?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

So you think that two dudes ass fucking under a legal contract is the same as a deranged Korean gunning down a campus full of students.

no.

....and were talking about gay marriage, not signing legal contracts for anal sex...

Interesting results so far, I wonder why atheists would be against Gay Marriage and/or Civil unions?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

it's stupid semantics to invent a new word (two new words even) when the one, original word will do - marriage :)

Interesting - when the word causes so much consternation and pointless bickering - you point out that if just everyone would use the version that YOU want, it would all be fine.

Do you live in a box?

Can you think of other words that have been redefined over the years? there's a few

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Interesting - when the word causes so much consternation and pointless bickering - you point out that if just everyone would use the version that YOU want, it would all be fine.

Do you live in a box?

Can you think of other words that have been redefined over the years? there's a few

Mostly when words change meaning it's by an evolutionary process. In this particular instance, though, one small segment of society is forcing the change of meaning, like the same segment did 30 years ago with the word "gay" which is now totally useless for its original meaning.

I sort of like this idea of leaving "marriage" to the religions, with no legal recognition. It would be fine with me if my "marriage" was turned into a "civil union" or whatever; it wouldn't change anything.

But somehow I doubt it would satisfy the same-sex marriage opponents. I think that for most of them, their agenda is beyond simply keeping same-sex couples from using the word "marriage."

BINGO! Hit it right on the head. Even if the law came down tomorrow that marriage is just a term deeming a type of religious civil union (civil union now being the word that defines what marriage use to mean in law), religious conservatives will still go nuts because it's immoral to them and they believe gays have no right sharing a home together or adopting and raising children together. So, make it the most sensible law to a free nation, but its still against "gods law" to them and they'll go nuts. (even though gods law should have absolutely nothing to do with actual law, hence why this should be squashed easy with separation of church/state. I don't understand how this has all gone on for this long in this country!)
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

I would be for gay civil unions, but there are still a few "gay loop-holes" that I have seen that would need to be shut down first. For example, when I see a head line that says-

"Lesbian couple splits, non, custodian parent pays child support."

I might change my mind. Mean while I still see head lines that read-

"Lesbian couple splits, court orders sperm donor to pay child support."

To me it's all or nothing. If you want the family, you have to willing to accept the down falls. If you feel you can just walk away from a situation like that without any obligation then it's not a real family or a real union. I believe that marriage is a real union. Child care and child support for gay couples is a huge part of my opinion because I believe in family. When I start seeing more of the first headline that I mentioned above in the news and less of the second, then I will vote for gay marriage. I'm not a bigot, I just believe that if you decide to have a kid, you shouldn't just walk away when the situation doesn't suit you any more.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

I would be for gay civil unions, but there are still a few "gay loop-holes" that I have seen that would need to be shut down first. For example, when I see a head line that says-

"Lesbian couple splits, non, custodian parent pays child support."

I might change my mind. Mean while I still see head lines that read-

"Lesbian couple splits, court orders sperm donor to pay child support."

That sounds like a good reason for sperm donors to make sure they have a contract saying that they will never be held responsible for child support from anyone who receives their donation.

But it doesn't sound like a good reason for banning same-sex marriage or civil unions.

I just believe that if you decide to have a kid, you shouldn't just walk away when the situation doesn't suit you any more.

I'll bet that most gay and lesbian couples would agree with you about this.

And I could probably find tons of examples of irresponsible parenting from heterosexual couples (including parents who just walk away), so this argument doesn't make much sense.

And I could probably find tons of examples of irresponsible parenting from heterosexual couples (including parents who just walk away), so this argument doesn't make much sense.

And you are correct sir. However, in the courts eyes there is still a difference. What I am trying to say though is in a gay civil union, it should be just a painful for them to break up as it is for a straight couple. The laws need to be fixed. A marriage or a union is something to be taken seriously and only the rich and wealthy should be able to "sport marry.":D

Like I have said before, all the benefits, all the pit falls. You can't have your cake and eat it to.

That sounds like a good reason for sperm donors to make sure they have a contract saying that they will never be held responsible for child support from anyone who receives their donation.

But it doesn't sound like a good reason for banning same-sex marriage or civil unions.

That a contract would even be needed in a situation like this just further proves my point.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

And you are correct sir.

That would be "ma'am." :P

That a contract would even be needed in a situation like this just further proves my point.

Not really. It makes sense to me that if a man is donating his sperm to _anyone_ that he would either want to ensure that he will never be responsible for child support, or accept the fact that he might be held responsible if he doesn't have a contract.

And I agree that a same-sex marriage should be treated exactly like a heterosexual marriage. But if one group is allowed "marriage" while the other group is only allowed "civil unions" then there will likely be some differences.

But I have seen no evidence of homosexual couples (in general) taking their relationships or their parental responsibilities any less serious than heterosexual couples.

But I have seen no evidence of homosexual couples (in general) taking their relationships or their parental responsibilities any less serious than heterosexual couples.

Quite the contrary, usually, because there is no such thing as an accidental pregnancy in a homosexual relationship.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

My appologies, ma'am:$

A marriage, or a union or what ever, if a couple decides to go in together to have a child then they are both responsible for him or her. There shouldn't have to be a file cabinet full of legal documents telling each person what their marriage is or isn't.

Do you honestly believe that if I had a contract written with my wife that said "if you get pregnant, I don't have to pay child support in the event of a divorce?" would ever hold up in a court of law? The judge would throw it out in a heart beat "in the interest of the kid." If you want to call gay marriage a marriage then some things just need to be understood, just like in hetero-marriages, and we are a long way from that.

If you make a child together, guess what? Wether it's your DNA or what ever agreements are in place, it's your family and you are responsible for it. Contracts not needed.

Do you honestly believe that if I had a contract written with my wife that said "if you get pregnant, I don't have to pay child support in the event of a divorce?" would ever hold up in a court of law?

That's quite a different situation from donating sperm to someone that you are not in a relationship with.

If you make a child together, guess what? Wether it's your DNA or what ever agreements are in place, it's your family and you are responsible for it. Contracts not needed.

This sounds like you are suggesting that all sperm donors should be responsible for the children that the donor recipients have.(?)

I guess I'm not understanding your argument. Are you trying to say that same-sex couples are generally less responsible than heterosexual couples?

I voted afer reading only your post. I did so because i didn't want my vote to be influenced by something i read from the other voters.

I'm Christian (Lutheran, Moussouri Synod) I've been taught by my parents all my life about the Lutheran Church teaches from the Kong Jame's version of the Biblicol scholors who wrote the Chapters-Books.

The same way this Bible teaches against child abuse, the way a husband's relationship between his relationship with his wife, and vice versa. The Bible also makes it "Crystal Clear" about same sex assotiation, let alone gay marraige.

Don't get me wrong me wrong, me personally i could care less about these "Crimes Against Nature" Does it turn my stomach when i see these people deep throati kissing and holding hands, i wouldn't be honest with you if i told you it didn't, in fact it'e nauseating. You don't see heifers mating with steers. You don't see redbirds nesting with bluejays. See, even nature and dumb animals know better than to be involved in same sex relationships. Simple anology, but hard to concieve if the mass inside the cranium area in the human anotomy.

The same way i try to tolerate this kind of behaviour, is the same tolerance i expect from others.

Uh, Thank Ya, Thank Ya, Thank You Very Much! (Elvis Inpersonation)
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

As a former business security consultant I must advise you that I have identified 6 vulneralbilities in your post that leave it open to imminent attack from the usual suspects....

Please initiate security defense protocol...

Godspeed!

The same way i try to tolerate this kind of behaviour, is the same tolerance i expect from others.

Would this be one of them?? I feel like i just turned in my home work to the biggest asshole of a professor i ever had.

Don't judge me, feel free to offer opinions but dont judge me, you have no authority to be in that position. There's only one superior being who has the authority to judge me, and he doesn't post her, neither is he a member.

As a former business security consultant I must advise you that I have identified 6 vulneralbilities in your post that leave it open to imminent attack from the usual suspects....

Please initiate security defense protocol...

Let me guess, your another paranoid H.L.S. agent? Well i'm not, and i'm quite comfortable in my own skin. Maybe you should try that?

Lions, Tigers & Bears.....Oh NO! Lions, Tigers & Bears....OH MY!! ;)
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"