CanuckInUSA

Obama is a fraud

It is true Barack Obama is a million times more intelligent and likable that the previous moron who held the job. But if Obama really was serious about helping the America people, if he was serious about REAL change, he would shutdown the "Federal Reserve" instead of borrowing trillions of dollars from this very same organization thus ensuring present and future generations of Americans (and people around the world) are in debt up to their eye balls and channel the majority of their income tax dollars into the pockets of the already ubber rich banking cartel.

I am sure most of you know this, but for those of you who don't know this, there is nothing Federal about the Federal Reserve. It has nothing to do with the American government, it is a private organization. So why does American continue to let the Rockefeller family and the rest of the international central banking cartels control the nation and it's policies?

No I am sorry Virginia. There is no Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny is not real. GWB did not cause the current crisis (he's not smart enough to have even conceived it). The Federal Reserve caused the crisis and their new puppet Barack Husein Obama has no plans whatsoever in changing anything. It is full steam ahead, borrowing and spending money the nation does not have. No I am sorry Virginia, despite what your eyes told you and the commemorative DVD your parent's purchased for 3 easy payments of $39.95 each, your savior Barack Obama did NOT part the Red sea. It was all smoke and mirrors.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I bet they hold their meetings on the grassy knoll too?

Close ... their first meetings on the infamous grassy knoll you refer to, was held in secrecy on "Jekyll Island".

If you don't know anything about the Federal Reserve or their history you can continue on your blissful journey.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Obama really was serious about helping the America people, if he was serious about REAL change, he would shutdown the "Federal Reserve" instead of borrowing trillions of dollars from this very same organization thus ensuring present and future generations of Americans (and people around the world) are in debt up to their eye balls and channel the majority of their income tax dollars into the pockets of the already ubber rich banking cartel.

I am with you, but what alternative does he have at present realisticly.

You can't come in guns blazing and turn the whole shabang upside down over night and expect to keep your popularity vote.

It si sick and twisted how the worlds economy has been manipulated, but Obama is not to blame for that, he only can try to stop recession and aviod depression.

Even the bank cartels don't want depresssion, they want people spending money and thier investments to be worth thier maximum.

It will be interesting to see though, if the worlds currencies do become more combined (much like the euro) as predicted. i'm sure the Rockefellas and Rothschilds etc. want that. This kind of climate would be the easiest time to lay it on the masses.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

If you Google "there is nothing Federal about the Federal Reserve", you'll get about 400 hits explaining that it's basically an insidious conspiracy, a secret cabal, if you will, of ... well, you know. Those people.

OK, I'm convinced. All I need now are guns, God and a heapin' helpin' of bitterness and I'm good to go.

If you Google "there is nothing Federal about the Federal Reserve", you'll get about 400 hits explaining that it's basically an insidious conspiracy, a secret cabal, if you will, of ... well, you know. Those people.

OK, I'm convinced. All I need now are guns, God and a heapin' helpin' of bitterness and I'm good to go.

Don't forget this.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

Deficit spending never does and never has “created wealth” But tax and spend is what Democrats do best. Keep that change coming, laughable really…

I guess taxing the shit out of the upper 2, 3 or 5% and handing out tax rebates (to people who don’t even pay tax) will solve everything. Maybe the 50.00 or was it 60.00 bucks a month in average Joe’s pocket will ?????

It amazes me that defenders of free market are chastised and asked to present perfection. Yet, government only has to make promises and have good intentions…leaving a wake of failure, broken promises and wasted billions as glaring evidence of their utter failure!

Charity is now being taken over by government, once again overstepping their scope. Remember government has nothing to give but what it has taken from another.

As far as a solution…do away with the Social Security Tax for a year and put that in your pocket. It’s a broken bankrupt system anyway. This would cost far less than 787 billion and inject far more money into the micro economy. True letting banks maybe even auto topple would hurt for a awhile…but so will paying this stimulus back.
Gently pushing comfort zones since 1976...

And without the Federal Bank or a version of it we would be reliving the panic of 1907 right now.

So, what is your solution?

A large part of the problem is the federal reserve and their manipulation of our monetary system. Fractional reserve banking is one of the greatest ponzi schemes ever.
Solutions would be to require that currency actually be backed by real assets rather than soley by the demand for it.
You may not realize that the Federal Reserve is neither federal nor do they have any reserve. They create money out of documents for debt, therefore our economy is debt based not production based.

Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth

>So why does American continue to let the Rockefeller family and the rest of
>the international central banking cartels control the nation and it's policies?

Same reason they support the US Post Office (a private organization) volunteer fire companies (private organizations) and toll roads (many of whom are private organizations) I guess.

>It is full steam ahead, borrowing and spending money the nation does not have.

Yep, that is unfortunate. We need another 8 years of a Clinton, I guess.

Yep, that is unfortunate. We need another 8 years of a Clinton, I guess.

Just a quick FYI about Clinton...and his apparent ability to “balance” the budget. True he left office with a surplus, but do you know how he did that?

Let me fill you in on a simple accounting trick. Taking short term debt and refinancing it into long-term does not make it go away…it just leaves it for the next guy to deal with.

Don't forget this.

Ah yes, the obligatory "tin foil hat" response to ideas that stray from the norm.

Read about the formation of the Federal Reserve in the early 1900s, and you may find that there is at least *some* truth to what Canuck posted. And if you're open-minded enough, you might find that it is reasonable to question our monetary establishment.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Solutions would be to require that currency actually be backed by real assets rather than soley by the demand for it.

And which real asset would you like to use for that. Are you willing to stop the free trade in that asset?

Gold seemed to work pretty well and there is no reason to stop its trade. As a matter of fact the currency should be redeemable for it's value on demand.

Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth

And which real asset would you like to use for that. Are you willing to stop the free trade in that asset?

Gold seemed to work pretty well and there is no reason to stop its trade. As a matter of fact the
currency should be redeemable for it's value on demand.

Blues,
Cliff

Doesn’t sound bad in theory, but do you have any idea how much gold it would take to back all the US dollars? It just doesn’t work like that anymore…it would be nice to go back to those days though! =)

Gold seemed to work pretty well and there is no reason to stop its trade. As a matter of fact the currency should be redeemable for it's value on demand.

Well the South Africans, Australians and Peruvians would certainly like that, but I don't know how well it would serve the US's interests. Why don't we base it on Papal Indulgences?

Gold seemed to work pretty well and there is no reason to stop its trade. As a matter of fact the
currency should be redeemable for it's value on demand.

Blues,
Cliff

Doesn’t sound bad in theory, but do you have any idea how much gold it would take to back all the US dollars?

You'ld simply peg the vallue of the dollar according to the ratio of dollars in circulation to the amount of gold the government holds. That's how it was done before we left the gold standard for our present fiat currency.

Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth

Well the South Africans, Australians and Peruvians would certainly like that, but I don't know how well it would serve the US's interests. Why don't we base it on Papal Indulgences?

Andy, I'm sure you realise we once were on the gold standard. It worked just fine for us until the early seventies when France demanded payment for the notes they held and that amount of gold wasn't in the treasury. We had written more notes than we could back. We were basically bankrupt. We turmed to the Saudis and got them to convince OPEC to only accept US federal reserve notes as payment for oil. This was the birth of the"petro dollar" . Now dollars weren't backed by any real asset and their value was only determined by the demand for the note itself. Works good as long as everyone needs them to buy oil but once the dollar is no longer the reserve currency the value declines sharply.

Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth

Deficit spending never does and never has “created wealth” But tax and spend is what Democrats do best. Keep that change coming, laughable really…

Deficit spending doesn't come from a "tax and spend" philosophy. Deficit spending is a result of spending without taxing. Looking back to Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush, only under Clinton (second term) did the government ever properly tax and spend. In my lifetime, which began during the Nixon administration, Democrat presidents have indeed been better at practicing a tax and spend budgeting than their Republican counterparts, who have preferred to engage in deficit spending.

It amazes me that defenders of free market are chastised and asked to present perfection. Yet, government only has to make promises and have good intentions…leaving a wake of failure, broken promises and wasted billions as glaring evidence of their utter failure!

It sure is a good thing such things never happen in private industry!

As far as a solution…do away with the Social Security Tax for a year and put that in your pocket. It’s a broken bankrupt system anyway.

Can you please point to another life annuity that has averaged 7% annual return on investment since inception? Even if steps are not taken to correct for the baby boom's effect on population growth, full benefits can still be paid until ~2041. Thereafter, 3/4 benefits can be paid for another ~40 years.

That's not a system I would consider bankrupt or broken. I do believe it would be prudent to adjust for the baby boom sooner, rather than later. The longer we wait, the more painful the solution becomes. Suspending the tax for a year would be ludicrous, fiscal irresponsibility at its finest.

This would cost far less than 787 billion and inject far more money into the micro economy.

I would love to see the calculations supporting that assertion.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

It is true Barack Obama is a million times more intelligent and likable that the previous moron who held the job. But if Obama really was serious about helping the America people, if he was serious about REAL change, he would shutdown the "Federal Reserve" instead of borrowing trillions of dollars from this very same organization thus ensuring present and future generations of Americans (and people around the world) are in debt up to their eye balls and channel the majority of their income tax dollars into the pockets of the already ubber rich banking cartel.

It was never all that clear precisely what kind of "change" Barack was and is offering. Something is going to "change" but what, how, and when was always left a little vague. In a way Barack has had the luxury of having had a predecessor who was, or was perceived to be, such a disaster that people seemed to think any "change" would be an improvement.

As a result, Barack has been given a blank check to execute any kind of "change" he wants. It remains to be seen how this will unfold, but it looks increasingly like the role or level of control of government in private enterprise will increase. The first steps in this process have not been that controversial, because bankers have been depicted as the villains, so nationalizing their banks is likely to be sympathetic to the general public.

But the pace of "change" (good or evil) seems to be accelerating, and it is hard to see very far ahead, and hard to be sure whether the further "change" down the road is likely to be for good or for evil. Barack will hold a blank check for some time to come and only time will tell how he uses it in the long run.

It does seem clear to me that more "change" will be enacted by this administration than any other administration since FDR--but as long as Barack follows FDR as a role model (and not that other guy who was also inaugurated in early 1933), I think there is some cause for "hope" (another too vague term often used these days). Overall FDR wasn't a bad president IMHO.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

You'ld simply peg the vallue of the dollar according to the ratio of dollars in circulation to the amount of gold the government holds. That's how it was done before we left the gold standard for our present fiat currency.

No it didn't. Actually it is one of the contributing factors to the Great Depression in the 30's, some even argue that it is pretty much the only reason behind the great depression. To maintain the gold standard while the relative price of gold increases requires you to deflate the price of other goods in dollars.

The French made a lot of money off your gold standard though....

To maintain the gold standard while the relative price of gold increases requires you to deflate the price of other goods in dollars.***

The price of gold only increases if you add more dollars to circulation. Dollars are added to circulation when the government wants to spend money it hasn't aquired.
Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth