Ron

CA says those who overpaid in 2008 are out of luck

What was the National Debt under President Carter.

President Carter of Panama? It must have been
great.

Let's see... there was the 100 mil in oil that he
agreed to give N Korea if they agreed not to
build nuke weapons. That part of the budget is
under the Stupid and Naive Expenditures.

California will not pay tax refunds for individuals and business that overpaid 2008 taxes

Is that even legal?

Ron misunderstands. CA is not not paying the refunds, they're just not going to pay them until May 30th, which is legal per state law.

And no, Amazon, this isn't a republican governor's fault due to fiscal mismanagement, though he has shown himself to be acting in bad faith on the solutions. He's been trying to force a mandate in the future to not increase spending with every boom cycle, guaranteeing pain in the down cycle (like now).

I blame term limits for this mess - junior politicians or those looking for their next new role mean people that won't work together. The GOP refuses a fix that involves any tax increases (Arnold wanted a short term sales tax increase). The Democrats refuse to cut any spending significantly. Each can block the other.

Let me help.... since you are incapable of a striaght answer... Under Carter.. the Debt was 1 trillion...

Your neo con voodoo economics heros... have taken that to 11 trillion... Reagun.... and the Bush family have been respnsible for most of this crap.. The Blow Job guy only let it increase a little in his term...

That has more of a lasting effect on this country than ALL of the hate you can drum up for the guy you hate so much..

It REALLLY is all about the economy and to think other wise.. is profoundly stupid

Let me help.... since you are incapable of a striaght answer... Under Carter.. the Debt was 1 trillion...

Your neo con voodoo economics heros... have taken that to 11 trillion... Reagun.... and the Bush family have been respnsible for most of this crap.. The Blow Job guy only let it increase a little in his term...

That has more of a lasting effect on this country than ALL of the hate you can drum up for the guy you hate so much..

It REALLLY is all about the economy and to think other wise.. is profoundly stupid

Yes, that is why the Clintons destroying the economy matters. I'm glad you agree.

And what was the National Debt Under President Blow Job?

It rose every year Clinton was in office. Even when the budget was balanced it rose.

The budget under the Clinton admin (for a couple years) was in better shape than any budget in the last 40 or 50 years. Note that it was a direct response of the GOP congress - you know, who actually PASS the budget.

Jeanne - GW Bush has sucked as a POTUS. Clinton did not suck as a POTUS. It doesn't mean I'm gonna lie about him. Heck, even you conveniently forgot that the economy was a suckin' when Clinton left office.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

What was the National Debt under President Carter.

In "real" or "adjusted" dollars? Perhaps you are too young to remember:
1) "Stagflation":
2) "Misery Index";
3) Gas lines;
4) Steel mill and core insustry collapse

Things were peachy until Jan 20 of 81. When I woke up that morning things were fine. By that afternoon, Reagan had spent 4 trillion bucks. Only Clinton prevented Beelzebub from laying waste to the country...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

See how it skews your perceptions... Since I have Just Said No to drugs since before it was fashionable. I actually think its been since Skyfest or Lost Prairie ( see a pattern there) where I even got a good buzz with a few drinks. Getting high is just not part of my life:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: other than getting as much altitude as I can. Actually I have a bad case of altitude deficit since I have a right shoulder with a torn rotator cuff and reaching for the hacky hurts like hell.

This is because of the USELESS legislature we have "serving" us in Sacramento. and I make no distinction between parties, none whatsoever. They are ALL a bunch of useless cocksuckers who are refusing to do the job they are charged with under the state Constitution.

It's a bit late, considering the elections were just held and these useless shitbags were just sworn in for another two years at the public trough. But my proposed solution is to turn out every last one of them in the next election. I'd rather vote for a drug dealer or prostitute than to re-elect a one of the current legislature. A complete clean slate of rank amateurs would be better.

And yes, that would include the Governator as well, if he can't find the gumption to lock them in their chambers, under armed guard and without bathroom privileges until a budget is passed AND signed by his worship.

Fuck 'em all - California Republicans are a dogmatic White People's Partei and the Dems are an equally dogmatic clique of Berkeleyites on blotter acid. People like us, who just want to raise our families, own homes, and send our kids to college are flat out ignored.

Disclaimer: My apologies to the cocksuckers of the world, be they male or female. We should be grateful to them all for one of life's simple pleasures.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

WAY too much partying dude... frying brain cells is a bad thing.. It makes it really hard to see reality when it is spallping you in the face:ph34r::ph34r:

Sorry Jean, I'm with Bill on this one. Clinton was not good for the IT sector. He is pretty much straight on with his facts, and for many of us it was far worse trying to find a job back then then right now.

Sorry Jean, I'm with Bill on this one. Clinton was not good for the IT sector. He is pretty much straight on with his facts, and for many of us it was far worse trying to find a job back then then right now.

Pssst... I have been working in IT for over 25 years now.. I am WELL aware of outsourceing.. I am also aware of how many IT people who are living in the past.. and WILL not upgrade their skills and expect to be paid a top wage for outdated knowledge and less than adequate performance.

The schools overseas are pouring out well educated and well trained people who are willing to work the long hours needed. I do NOT see that many people coming out of the schools here in this country in this field that are willing to do the job.

UNTIL there is a HUGE change in the attitudes of our people we will continue to lose ground to other countries graduates in computer science... that is the bottom line. Rather than crying about how bad the companies are.... I found it better to update the old skill set to ensure I was keeping up.

Trying to blame Clinton for someone elses shortcomings is ludicrous.

Pssst... I have been working in IT for over 25 years now.. I am WELL aware of outsourceing.. I am also aware of how many IT people who are living in the past.. and WILL not upgrade their skills and expect to be paid a top wage for outdated knowledge and less than adequate performance.

The schools overseas are pouring out well educated and well trained people who are willing to work the long hours needed. I do NOT see that many people coming out of the schools here in this country in this field that are willing to do the job.

UNTIL there is a HUGE change in the attitudes of our people we will continue to lose ground to other countries graduates in computer science... that is the bottom line. Rather than crying about how bad the companies are.... I found it better to update the old skill set to ensure I was keeping up.

Trying to blame Clinton for someone elses shortcomings is ludicrous.

I'm going on about 14 years in IT now. I look at a few hundred IT resumes a day and hear more stories in a week than most. Many have upgraded their skills....and still have no job. When the money becomes scarce, hiring becomes more particular. It's a buyers market if you have a job opening. I know, I have 4 openings right now and I can't find the exact skillset I want and I won't hire anything less than that.

I think I had just short of 4000 resumes get sent to me last month.

Also, for a bit of irony, India is having financial problems right now as well. Many of the jobs they had are now going to China.

edit: Speaking of updating skill sets, I actually have a MVS/zOS job right now!

The first time in 10 years I get a refund and now this shit.
I also work in a hospital for medically fragile children and it is fundwed by the state, If they dont pay us, we will have to ship all of our 36 kids to acute hospital PICU'S. 1000 bucks a day per kid with us VS 5000 in a PICU, Plus fill up all the PICU beds in the bay area
This shit sucks

Another favorite of mine in IT.
I get a call on a Friday to remove a network and cancel 36 accounts. The entire Peoplesoft groupd was laid off.
Monday morning I was sent BACK to install a new network and create 50 new accounts.
New Peoplsoft support group. ALL Germans.
H1B's baby!

I've always done my best to keep up with technology and skills in IT - been in it since 1980. Clinton fucked us. The government thought it was great! Helped many a CEO make his numbers required for his millions.
Took a while for a lot of companies to realize outsourcing is bad. There are very little savings to be found there....just takes awhile to realize that. But, so long as the management is after quarterly numbers and are incentive driven based on those numbers, workers will continue to get screwed.

There might be the problem - we shouldn't be working 'the long hours needed.' It should be like any other job with proper life balance.

But that's not the reason behind the outsourcing at my company, which defies any logic at all (Singapore has minimal savings, and their graveyard hours are when the vast majority of business is being done).

As long as fresh American graduates cost $50K/year and Chinese, Eastern Europeans, and Indians can be had for $5K/year jobs are going to move overseas.

As long as we're paying over $100/hour to US body shops for the fully burdened cost of a contractor versus $20/hour overseas jobs are going to move over seas.

They have problems hiring people with decent problem solving skills (the average US graduate with BS and MS computer science degrees is pretty bad too but doesn't get hired into jobs where it matters) but will get around to fixing that, just as they've built academic programs which compare to US schools. Some companies are bringing over senior staff from the US and continuing to pay them US salaries in places where $5K/year gets them live-in domestic servants. They should be able to make the same hiring choices we do in the US.

Our salaries, prices, and material possessions are going to go down, theirs are going to increase (private cars are becoming a big thing), and we'll meet somewhere in the middle.

Those are facts that presidents and congress people have no control over. All they may be able to do is soften the impact.

100,000 H1B holders coming in each year as indentured servants aren't good, but the larger number of people staying home where they can live off substantially lower wages are a much bigger problem.

There might be the problem - we shouldn't be working 'the long hours needed.' It should be like any other job with proper life balance.

That has never been a valid component.. even when I worked for a company supposedly on the cutting edge of "balancing work/life"

I have also worked for Boeing IT.. where a minimum of 20% overtime was EXPECTED. It usually was closer to 100% overtime... but I was VERY well paid to pull those hours and keep the thousands of people actually working on the shop floor. Boeing was very heavily invested in pushing technology but that comes with the need to keep it all working. The bottom line as they kept explaining it was "We are an airplane building company not an IT company." But they certainly were leading the way in using IT to build the airplanes.

>Yes, that is why the Clintons . . .

ONE MORE DAY! Come on, you can make it one more day. Then you'll never have to suffer the embarrassment of having to use the tired old "but Clinton . . ." prefix ever again.

I mean, 1992-2000 was a good ride. A way to blame every ill from bad breath to budget overruns on a philandering president. Even when the budget seemed to balance itself, there was a way to blame SOMETHING on him. Ah! See how the Internet bubble popped after he left? His fault. Iraq? His fault; he should have killed Bin Laden. Global warming? His fault. OK, Gore's fault.

Then the Bush presidency became one long disaster. The "But Clinton . . ." thing started to get more and more tired. Even moderate conservatives started wincing when the right wingers held onto that old chestnut to defend a failing president.

But no more. Come tomorrow, you will have someone to blame everything from your car troubles to your taxes on. The Bush recession? Now it's the Obama recession! The Iraq war? Why hasn't Obama fixed it? The breakdown of the constitution? Why hasn't Obama repaired it yet?

Stand strong and your day will come.