ChickenSandwich

Is the skydiving community gay friendly?

I don't know the OP and this is in no way a commentary on him... but sometimes people aren't warmly received because they aren't warm to others.

I have also seen people that no one really liked come out...And after they came out they claimed no one liked them since they were gay. That was just not that case...They didn't like them since they didn't like them. The person being gay had nothing to do with it.

"Why do people take an instant dislike to me?"

"It saves time ...":)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

chickin never said he didn't feel welcome, he said he felt welcome just didnt feel like he was part of the family.

I would have to say that the vast majority of gay people who read that were probably offended.

I can not dispute that with any degree of certainty, I am not gay. are you gay, have I offended you???

my response was not intended to be mean spirited towards chikin or any other gay for that matter. I have already made it clear that I am not fazed by gay people.
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

I've generally found the sport very accepting of different people. Except freefliers and RW guys. Thats never gonna work :D Keep them apart!

I couldn't care less if someone on the DZ was gay and I don't think many other people could. That doesn't mean they wont take the piss though.

I've always worked in male orientated environments. I was a mechanic then a mechanical engineer. In those environments if someone likes you they often express it with piss taking and practical jokes. When I was a young apprentice I didn't know how to take it and it used to sometimes upset me. But then I grew up and gave as good as I got without feeling all sorry for myself.

By all means mention it in conversation if the progression of the chat somehow goes that way, its who you are after all, but a big public *attention please* announcement will probably make people think your the one with the issue about your identity than anyone else.

Just keep it cool, even if it is hard at times hearing things. As you get to know people and people know you I'm sure it'll change. people often say things in jest that they don't actually mean and if they realised they were likely to offend someone they wouldn't bother.

Mild offending is usual though! Thats just called banter! :P ...unless its clearly nasty.

If you really don't like peoples behaviour then challenge it.

I don't know the OP and this is in no way a commentary on him... but sometimes people aren't warmly received because they aren't warm to others.

I have also seen people that no one really liked come out...And after they came out they claimed no one liked them since they were gay. That was just not that case...They didn't like them since they didn't like them. The person being gay had nothing to do with it.

LMAO:D:D:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

LMAO:D:D:D

Thanks - I got that one from a Yorkshireman - he doesn't say much, but when he does.. By 'eck 'e's reet.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Porpoishead, yes I am and although I found the comment somewhat offensive it did not really bother me. I totally recognize that you did not intend to be mean spirited or offensive and know that you had stated in prior posts that you did not give a shit that someone was gay. But I just chose to call out the fact that referring to someone as a pillow biter would probably make them think you are really a homophobe. Not really the term you want to use to make people feel accepted.....

right on steve, my mistake bud. I will make an effort to keep it politically correct in the future.

its often difficult to comprehend someones disposition from an inter-web page.

I certainly have no intention of making anyone feel uneasy, or rejected. I apologize to the gays if I have offended any of you.

peace from the fishhead!!!
Perry Farrell

I'm pretty indifferent to gay jokes

That's just because you can't hear 'em. ;):D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

right on steve, my mistake bud. I will make an effort to keep it politically correct in the future.

its often difficult to comprehend someones disposition from an inter-web page.

I certainly have no intention of making anyone feel uneasy, or rejected. I apologize to the gays if I have offended any of you.

peace from the fishhead!!!

Oh christ..... Just go get drunk and bite a pillow or two already... that goes for the rest of the guys too... quite a few probably already have anyway. :ph34r::ph34r:

Something I've noticed, particularly in the under 40 crowd, is the opinion that jokes about race, gender, sexual orientation, etc... are inappropriate, UNLESS the person telling the joke happens to be a member of that particular group. I hear more jokes about women from women, jokes about Jews from Jews, jokes about Catholics from Catholics, and jokes about homosexuals from homosexuals than I do from people outside those groups.

We all view new experiences through the lens of our past, and it sounds like your past experiences may have left you hypersensitive. So, did you ever stop to think that the tellers of the jokes you heard at the bonfire might not be laughing at you... they might be laughing at themselves?

o.k. fucking women they should all be killed. feel better now?:S

Sure.

American women are great for sport-fucking but make terrible wives.

Do you feel better now?

can i use that as a sig-line!? :D:D:D

back on topic: i'd rather jump with you than with some straight skydivers in fact..

at least you're open and not an arse hole that speaks shit behind some other peoples back! ;)

oh, and there's fuckwits in all walks of life.. :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

at least you're open and not an arse hole that speaks shit behind some other peoples back! Wink

with all due respect he is on some web page weeping about how he feels violated by some jokes at a bonfire somewhere.

should of just handled his business at the bonfire and let the offending party know that lines had indeed been crossed.. then everybody would know without a doubt where they stand.
Perry Farrell

Talk to Keith.....

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?username=Keith;

His profile says it all.

No kiddin'. Aside from being a good jumper and well liked, Keith's had the nerve to start up a thread of "fag" jokes and invited one & all to unload the worst ones they knew. And there were some real scorchers. Do a search, if you can get the crappy search machine to work....

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

A guy decides that maybe he'd like to have a pet and goes to a pet shop.

After looking around he spots a parrot sitting on a little perch; it doesn't have any feet or legs. The guy says out loud, "Geez, I wonder what happened to this parrot?"

"I was born this way," says the parrot. "I'm a defective parrot."

"Ha, ha," the guy laughs. "It sounded like this parrot actually understood what I said and answered me."

"I understand every word," says the parrot. "I am a highly intelligent and thoroughly educated bird."

"Yeah?" the guy asks. "Then answer this: how do you hang onto your perch without any feet?"

"Well," the parrot says, "this is a little embarrassing, but since you asked, I will tell you. I wrap my little parrot penis around this wooden bar, kind of like a little hook. You can't see it because of my feathers."

"Wow," says the guy, "you really can understand and answer; can't you?"

"Of course. I speak both Spanish and English. I can converse with reasonable competence on almost any subject: politics, religion, sports, physics, philosophy. And I am especially good at ornithology. You should buy me; I am a great companion."

The guy looks at the $200.00 price tag. He says. "I can't afford that."

"Pssst," the parrot hisses, motioning the guy over with one wing. "Nobody wants me because I don't have any feet. You can get me for $20.00; just make an offer."

The guy offers twenty dollars and walks out with the parrot. Weeks go by and the parrot is sensational. He's funny; he's interesting; he's a great pal, he understands everything, sympathizes, and gives good advice. The guy is delighted.

One day the guy comes home from work and the parrot says, "Pssst," and motions him over with one wing. The guy goes up close to the cage. "I don't know if I should tell you this or not," says the parrot, "but it's about your lover and the mailman."

"What?" asks the guy.

"Well," the parrot says, "when the mailman came to the door today, your lover greeted him in a pair of briefs that showed everything and kissed him on the mouth."

"What happened then?" asks the guy.

"Then the mailman came into the house and put his hand on your lovers crotch and began petting him all over," reports the parrot.

"My God!" the guy says. "Then what?"

"Then he pulled down the briefs, got down on his knees and began to lick him, starting with his chest, slowly going down and down." The parrot pauses for a long time...

"What happened? What happened?" says the frantic guy.

"That's what pisses me off. I don't know." said the parrott. "I got a hard-on, and fell off my fucking perch."

I think you should out yourself. I'm about out of jokes and snide remarks to make about the women my hetero friends date and I could recycle the whole repertoire en masse to disparage a homo friend.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)