lewmonst

Have you seen the movie "Milk"?

I want to see the movie. However, every time I see films like this there is usually too much creative license taken. I know quite a bit about Harvey Milk, and, unfortunately, I have a gut feeling that too much spin will be put on it, thus making it "based on a true story."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Randy Shilts wrote a wonderful biography on Milk which acknowledged his strengths and accoplishments as well as his fooibles and failures. It hels no punches and was informative but admiring.

And it causes me to think of the book "And The Band Played On" which chronicled the early AIDS epidemic and pointed the finger everywhere in a full 360. The book was brutal to everyone. Then I saw the film adaptation in college. It might as well have been titled, "The Reagan Administration Caused AIDS and Robert Gallo is a Megalomaniac."

Will Milk point to the opposition that he received from the SF gay and political establishment? Or will it be "How Anita Bryant and Christians Put a Target on Milk?"

Because every Hollywood flick has to have an overriding bad guy. Darth Vader was the main bad guy from the Dark Side in Star Wars. Oswald wasn't just a sole loony - he was a patsy to a large movement (note that Jim Garrison specifically targeted homosexuals).

And Dan White cannot be kust a lone loony with a vendetta.

That is my fear.

Will Milk point to the opposition that he received from the SF gay and political establishment? Or will it be "How Anita Bryant and Christians Put a Target on Milk?"

Because every Hollywood flick has to have an overriding bad guy. Darth Vader was the main bad guy from the Dark Side in Star Wars. Oswald wasn't just a sole loony - he was a patsy to a large movement (note that Jim Garrison specifically targeted homosexuals).

And Dan White cannot be kust a lone loony with a vendetta.

That is my fear.

So... you're not going to see it because you're afraid Dan White will not portrayed the way you would like him to be?

If you see it, you can offer an informed opinion. If you don't, you're just speculating.
Owned by Remi #?

I thought I wrote that I'd like to see it. I have some concerns, though.

For the record, the last time I went to see a movie was the first week of December, 2003 (I remember because I had just had surgery). I hyavent even rented a movie in 3 years.

Oh, yeah. Because I'm fed up with Stevan Seagal and Ice-T in Huckleberry Finn. "I'm muthfuckin' telling you Huck, Solomon wasn't a wise man. He was a BITCH ASS!" And Huck breaks into chop sockey wire stunts, explosions and all.

Why should Milk be any different. I'll read books. I can learn more in a few days reading a book than in 2 hours watching a movie. I'll DVR it when it plays on IFC.

Oh, yeah. Because I'm fed up with Stevan Seagal and Ice-T in Huckleberry Finn. "I'm muthfuckin' telling you Huck, Solomon wasn't a wise man. He was a BITCH ASS!" And Huck breaks into chop sockey wire stunts, explosions and all.

:D:D

Okay... I hear ya.
Owned by Remi #?

>I don't find shows about homosexuals to be entertaining.

I bet you liked old Rock Hudson movies, though.

LOL Don't forget The J. Wayne and A. Murphy movies. And >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedtime_for_Bonzo;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.