altrisk

Atheists Holy Day

Wow! I don't know why I keep expecting educated or logical responses when I have yet to get one. I can present facts, logical arguements, and even references yet continually recieve simple statements such as "crap". Is all this really that threatening?
I should really quit wasting my time.

The sacrifice of animals, which had to be pure and unblemished, was not only a symbol for christ but to take the place of thier life until the perfect sacrifice, christ, had come.

How? Why? What does killing a defenceless animal have to do with absolving your own evil deeds?

Why did christ die. So we didn't have to. We have all sinned and deserve death as a result but christ died and took our punishment for us.

But you just said the punishment for sin was eternal death and seperation from God. Is Christ in hell? If not, how has he taken our punishment for us?

Just as a will or "testament requires the death of the testator" in order to take effect, the death of animals under the old and the death of christ under the new was required.

If Christ's sacrifice works because he took our sins away voluntarily, and only then if we fulfill the requirements he left us, then how did animal sacrifice achieve the same thing? A goat can't agree to take on your sins. A pigeon can't tell you what you side of the bargain is.

If one had actually read the bible one would understand this.

No-one can fucking understand it - it's nonsense.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

the amount of evidence for a creator and the validity of the bible far outweighs such imaginary entities such as dark matter, dark energy, an expanding universe, black holes, etc.

There is no evidence of any god anywhere yet you claim there is. You seem to think there is a massive conspiricy surrounding the evidence for black holes, an expanding universe etc. That is why your statments are bullshit.

Wow! I don't know why I keep expecting educated or logical responses when I have yet to get one. I can present facts, logical arguements, and even references yet continually recieve simple statements such as "crap". Is all this really that threatening?

There has been logical responses over and over in here and other threads. we are still waiting for you to "present the facts" or "Logical arguements". all we get is biblical babble. its not threatening its just crap.
Born ok 1st time.

On what criteria do you base your assertion?

Example 1: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3401404;search_string=%5Bion01;#3401404

Example 2: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3388701;search_string=%5Bion01;#3388701

Example 3: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3417849;search_string=%5Bion01;#3417849 (from yesterday)

Perhaps it’s hubris on my part (?) but there are three responses that seem to meet your criterion of (1) facts, (2) logical arguments, and (3) references … & (4) I even try to be nice about it (a normative value).

Facts, logical arguments, and even references have been presented by others than me … the latter is just an easier search function. One might ask why are you ignoring those replies?

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

> The old testament is not what is to be followed but the new is. Its that simple.

Unfortunately Jesus disagrees with you.

John 1:17 - For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

John 10:35 - "The Scripture cannot be broken."

Matthew 15 - Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying, "Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread." He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’

Luke 16:17 - "And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one tittle of the law to fail."

Matthew 5 - "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

The funny thing about this thread, is observing the pack mentality of atheists, like hunting dogs who have gotten the sent of their prey. Who have only weak humanistic philosophy to answer the important questions of life. Take what you have and go in the peace and contentment you claim to have. It won't be but an instant, geologically speaking, before we have an answer to our differing opinions. The Truth will probably be stranger than anyone one of us can imagine.

The funny thing about this thread, is observing the pack mentality of atheists, ...

the funny thing about this thread is the pack mentality of anyone seriously devoted to a religion - atheism or otherwise

1 - atheists put out a thread that tease and belittles traditionally religious types - the relig types get all bent and "pack" up, the atheists get all bent and "pack" up in response - then we have a repeat of about 800 threads already published

to contrast that here we have a thread where:

2 - a religious type put out a thread that teases and belittles athelists - the atheists get all bent and "pack" up, the relig types then get all bent and "pack" up in response - then we have a repeat of about 800 threads already published

you guys are so much more alike than different

it's good with popcorn, but I've seen this flick plenty of times alread

edit: seriously though, if you (these two packs) found a bit of honest humor in the other's beliefs you disagree in, instead of just derision and discomfort, you might not get so bent about the whole topic

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

the funny thing about this thread is the pack mentality of anyone seriously devoted to a religion - atheism or otherwise

And then there are the guys who sit on the touchline flinging shit at everyone, content in their own cozy moral superiority engendered from the knowledge that they're not one of the two shitflinging sides.

And then there are the guys who sit on the touchline flinging shit at everyone, content in their own cozy moral superiority engendered from the knowledge that they're not one of the two shitflinging sides.

"contentment" doesn't come from being on the sidelines and hoping the shit crossfire doesn't stray - which is does from both teams - especially when politics are involved

for that matter, us apathetic agnostics enjoy different form of shitflinging - however, shitflinging it is - with good and moist poo of the highest quality (thus the lowest quality since we are poo-talking). Good for all, no exceptions:P - nothing high and mighty about it, this is simian behavior at best.

isn't that what a forum is for? our personal amusement and wallowing in our communicatorial crapulence?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

...er what?

he hates it when I call atheism a religion - but it's just an opinion

Edit: but actually, it was a pretty good analysis on his part, and nicely delivered...considering

"contentment" doesn't come from being on the sidelines and hoping the shit crossfire doesn't stray - which is does from both teams - especially when politics are involved

Of course, it comes from knowing that those who do take a stand on what we can reasonably say exists (or not) are all silly and wrong, and if they'd only think about it logically they'd all realise how right you are in saying that we really don't know anything for sure (except that we don't know anything for sure, which is why you're so damned right!).;)

***isn't that what a forum is for? our personal amusement and wallowing in our communicatorial crapulence?

Abso-freakin-lutely.

(I'd never actually looked up the definition of crapulence before. Good word.)

I'd be more than happy to give you Secular Humanism but seriously, simple atheism?

Edit: but actually, it was a pretty good analysis on his part, and nicely delivered...considering

Considering what? Am I not always right?:o

Quote "How about the stupidity of following a deity for your whole life when you could actually be spending your time doing something useful for the world, humanity and our existence....?”

This makes me go back and remember that I fought in the military to defend people who say things like this. Horrible. You got it coming, man.

...er what?

It maybe your opinion but it's a misuse of words. Try using a dictionary. Atheism is the opposite of religion.

Quote "How about the stupidity of following a deity for your whole life when you could actually be spending your time doing something useful for the world, humanity and our existence....?”

This makes me go back and remember that I fought in the military to defend people who say things like this. Horrible. You got it coming, man.

And plenty of atheists fought in the military to defend people who say things like "God hates the USA" and "the laws of this country should be based on the bible!"

Who got the worse side of that that deal?

you fought in the military to DEFEND the constitution of the USA, remember that please.

That constitution allows me the freedom of speech and religion. It also defines the separation of church and state, so I truly hope that while you were defending that document, you were NOT doing it as an 'act of God' or perhaps 'doing God's work', because that would be wrong

BTW, 'what' exactly do I have coming? A life of guilt-free existence, comfortable in my own life - lots of friends and family? Yep, my life sucks - I got it coming.......