mnealtx

Just on CNN - Blagojevich arrested?

Yeah seems like it - press conference at 11 AM Central.

it seems this is around bribes from people who want to fill Obama's Senate seat. C.T. Link . Looks like he is going to beat even Taft for worst governor.

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

I wouldn't worry YET.
He's only the guy that worked with Rahm Emmanuel on new health care ideas.
For some reason I don't think those ideas faired too well in Illinois.

He'll be fine, Federal Golf Course at Eglin still has room for more "visitors" doesn't it?

See the full story here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081209/ap_on_re_us/blagojevich_corruption_probe

I can't believe it. A DEMOCRAT did something wrong? Please explain this away, Quade.

this is the second democrat in a few months that ran on a platform of "elect me i am not corrupt like my predicesor" seems to me both sides are corrupt. wonder how long it takes to tie rezko and blagojevich to Obama.

Hey, Illini...what's up with that? I only caught a flash of the headline before the next segment came on.

NOW is the time for an "Illinois!" thread.

His administration has been rotten to the core.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It's just Illinois politics as usual. He's simply following the example of his predecessors - ex-govs. Jim Ryan, Daniel Walker, Otto Kerner, etc. :S

GEORGE Ryan. Jim R. appeared to be OK.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It's just Illinois politics as usual. He's simply following the example of his predecessors - ex-govs. Jim Ryan, Daniel Walker, Otto Kerner, etc. :S

GEORGE Ryan. Jim R. appeared to be OK.

Thanks John, my bad. It was George, not Jim. :$

hey smooth top of the morning to ya.

the thing that bothers me is that the other 49 states, through bad reporting, didn't have a chance to see illinois politics and there connection to Obama. but then again even illinois people don't care about that.

See the full story here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081209/ap_on_re_us/blagojevich_corruption_probe

I can't believe it. A DEMOCRAT did something wrong? Please explain this away, Quade.

this is the second democrat in a few months that ran on a platform of "elect me i am not corrupt like my predicesor" seems to me both sides are corrupt. wonder how long it takes to tie rezko and blagojevich to Obama.

Wont that be interesting:o
BASE 1384

>Just a few posts into the thread and moral relativism rears it's left leaning head.....

Actually, it's the right wingers who defend that picture, since Saddam Hussein was an enemy of our enemy back then, and thus our friend. But add some moral relativism, a bit of forgetfulness about the past, and a pinch of rationalization - and you have right wingers who both support Rumsfeld and condemn Hussein as the baddest of the bad.