BIGUN

Obama must respond to Writ of Certiorari by December 1

And STILL Obama supporters have no explanation for what he was doing between 1940 and 1960. Was he palling around with terrorists? Was he living in a foreign country? It's a question THEY CAN'T ANSWER! Why don't they want the truth to come out? What are they hiding?

He was probably an Egyptian king, or maybe a movie star.

. . =(_8^(1)

this is only making the fringe right look like what they are.

Here again, it's not the fringe or any right throwing the suits... Berg is a Dem and Keyes is AIP.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

>Nice strawman there, Bill . . .

I was replying to your post. Do not post strawmen if you don't want them discussed.

YOU are the one posting about Fox news making law - the strawman is yours.

If they were officially stripped of it, then they would have to become re-naturalized. If not, then they do not. (And in neither case would it affect qualification to become president of the US.)

Incorrect - a naturalized citizen cannot become President or Vice President.

However, the 1952 Immigration and Nationality Act (section 349)states:

“From and after the effective date of this Act a person who is a national of the United States whether by birth or naturalization, shall lose his nationality by -- (1) obtaining naturalization in a foreign state upon his own application, upon an application filed in his behalf by a parent, or duly authorized agent, or through the naturalization of a parent having legal custody of such person: Provided, That nationality shall not be lost by any person under this section as the result of the naturalization of a parent or parents while such person is under the age of twenty-one years, or as the result of naturalization obtained on behalf of a person under twenty-one years of age by a parent, guardian, or duly authorized agent, unless such person shall fail to enter the United States to establish a permanent residence prior to his twenty-fifth birthday

With the quoted above, Berg doesn't appear to have a leg to stand on from a legal sense in regards to the renunciated citizenship issue, since Obama *did* return to the U.S before his 25th birthday.

*IF* the claim that the birth certificate was faked is proven, then the situation changes dramatically. Obama would not be a natural-born citizen of the US and would not be eligible to be President or Vice President, although he could serve in other public positions such as Senator.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Incorrect - a naturalized citizen cannot become President or Vice President.

Please post the section of the constitution that supports your opinion.

>*IF* the claim that the birth certificate was faked is proven, then the
>situation changes dramatically.

Agreed. If they prove that he is in fact Kim Jong Il, the situation also changes. Both are about as likely.

Like liberals whining about Bush's military records or the Florida vote for the last 4/8 years, respectively?

On balance Mike.. think about this straw you are grasping at...

If you did not show up for duty for what period of time when you were dealing with the military.. at what point would you be prosecuted for desertion.. let alone AWOL.

On the flip side... can you remember a day when you were in your 4th year of life..???

Usually one would think that a 4 year old would remember an event like filling their uderwear with poo being more momentous since you are not going to school yet.

I'm not grasping at anything, Jeanne - I'm asking a valid question (Or was - I've found information that makes the Indonesian citizenship question moot).
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

***November 18th - Supreme Court Of The United States (SCOTUS) Justice David Souter has agreed that a review of the federal lawsuit filed by attorney Phil Berg against Barack Hussein Obama II, et al., which was subsequently dismissed for lack of standing is warranted. SCOTUS Docket No. 08-570 contains the details.

A review of that docket and the Rule 10 of the Supreme Court makes abundantly clear that Justice Souter's granting of a review on the Writ of Certiorari is not a right entitled to citizen Phil Berg, but rather is a matter of judcial discretion based upon a compelling reason.

What this means is that on or before 1 DECEMBER 2008 Barack Hussein Obama II must respond to the writ of certiorari, and si...

BLAH BLAH BLAH

A writ of certiorari isn't a decision on the merits of a case. It does not indicate agreement or disagreement with lower courts. It has no value as a precedent. It only means that one party or the other wasn't satisfied with the outcome, the question was federal in nature, and the issue is significant.

Obviously, any issue related to the Obama is going to be considered "significant" since he is the president elect.

People really get their undies in a bunch over what amounts to little more than a technicality.

all I am saying is that there are 17 lawsuits that question that,... so have a hearing and put it to rest.

It has been put to rest! The birth certificate WAS found to be valid.

Look, even after thorough investigations, there are still fucktards out there that think the Bush government caused 9/11. Should we have court cases for them too?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

where is this story about 17 lawsuits?

Since Obama HAS already provided the birth certificate, the burden of proof is no longer on him.

The burden of proof is on the other side. What are the claims that they are making, and where is the evidence for them?
Speed Racer

State declares Obama birth certificate genuine
Oct 31, 2008

HONOLULU (AP) — State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.

Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

Fukino says that no state official, including Republican Gov. Linda Lingle, ever instructed that Obama's certificate be handled differently.

She says state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest.

Some Obama critics claim he was not born in the US.

Earlier Friday, a southwest Ohio magistrate rejected a challenge to Obama's citizenship. Judges in Seattle and Philadelphia recently dismissed similar suits.
Speed Racer

And STILL Obama supporters have no explanation for what he was doing between 1940 and 1960. Was he palling around with terrorists? Was he living in a foreign country? It's a question THEY CAN'T ANSWER! Why don't they want the truth to come out? What are they hiding?

He was probably an Egyptian king, or maybe a movie star.

I think he is the reincarnation of Haile Selassie, otherwise known as Ras Tafari Mekonnen.

>obviously it has not been put to rest since there are 17 lawsuits pending

?? What does that have to do with it? After a hearing, his enemies could file 17 (or 170) more lawsuits. Heck, I could file a lawsuit that says that all democrats are illegal aliens and should not be allowed to work. Think all democrats would then be fired until the hearing?

The point is, not all lawsuits make it to trial. You can file lawsuits until the cows come home, but it won't come to trial until you can show the judge that you case has some merit. ie, at least a shred of credible evidence.

If every lawsuit came to trial it would be ridiculous. Every loonball would be clogging up the courts demanding proof that, for example, the US Government did NOT fake the moon landings, or is NOT hiding extraterrestrials at Area 51, or whatever.

Obama has produced his birth certificate, & the Hawaii Board of Health has verified its validity.

The burden of proof is on the side refuting Obama's citizenship. They need to show some SHRED of evidence to their claim, otherwise they should just go home & STFU.
Speed Racer

>>Gotta go by the Constitution, not by FOX News.

>Your argument doesn't hold water in that regard.

So you believe we should base our laws on FOX news rather than the US constitution? I am afraid we will have to agree to disagree, then.

Nice strawman there, Bill - Fox News doesn't make law so far as I know. There *have* been laws passed by congress concerning citizenship, however.

>IF he gave up his US citizenship as is alleged (and I have NO idea if it is true or
>not), then at that point he could only become a naturalized citizen, could he not?

The US Constitution does not say that a naturalized citizen cannot be president. It only says that he must be natural born. It does not refer to what happens after that. The exact text is:

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."

An example would be a law that says you have to be a born Texan to be eligible to get an authentic Texan commemorative flag. If you moved to New York, then back to Texas, then you would still be eligibile to get a flag - even if you claimed you were a New Yorker for a few years.

I don't dispute what the Constitution says, I am asking what the status of someone who has renounced their US citizenship would be if they attempt to regain it.

Can a minor child renounce anything legally?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

bullshit. He HAS produced a valid birth certificate!
Case closed.

Well it seems the USSC wants to verify what you posted. THAT we know for sure
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

from Mike's post #53:
However, the 1952 Immigration and Nationality Act (section 349)states:

“From and after the effective date of this Act a person who is a national of the United States whether by birth or naturalization, shall lose his nationality by -- (1) obtaining naturalization in a foreign state upon his own application, upon an application filed in his behalf by a parent, or duly authorized agent, or through the naturalization of a parent having legal custody of such person: Provided, That nationality shall not be lost by any person under this section as the result of the naturalization of a parent or parents while such person is under the age of twenty-one years, or as the result of naturalization obtained on behalf of a person under twenty-one years of age by a parent, guardian, or duly authorized agent, unless such person shall fail to enter the United States to establish a permanent residence prior to his twenty-fifth birthday

With the quoted above, Berg doesn't appear to have a leg to stand on from a legal sense in regards to the renunciated citizenship issue, since Obama *did* return to the U.S before his 25th birthday.

>>Gotta go by the Constitution, not by FOX News.

>Your argument doesn't hold water in that regard.

So you believe we should base our laws on FOX news rather than the US constitution? I am afraid we will have to agree to disagree, then.

Nice strawman there, Bill - Fox News doesn't make law so far as I know. There *have* been laws passed by congress concerning citizenship, however.

>IF he gave up his US citizenship as is alleged (and I have NO idea if it is true or
>not), then at that point he could only become a naturalized citizen, could he not?

The US Constitution does not say that a naturalized citizen cannot be president. It only says that he must be natural born. It does not refer to what happens after that. The exact text is:

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."

An example would be a law that says you have to be a born Texan to be eligible to get an authentic Texan commemorative flag. If you moved to New York, then back to Texas, then you would still be eligibile to get a flag - even if you claimed you were a New Yorker for a few years.

I don't dispute what the Constitution says, I am asking what the status of someone who has renounced their US citizenship would be if they attempt to regain it.

Can they? Cant they? Can the parrents do this? If any of these are answered does it remain binding (either way) once the child is 18?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln