shropshire

US attacks Syria?

Syria has protested angrily to both the US and Iraq after what it said was a US helicopter raid inside its territory that killed eight civilians.

Syria summoned US and Iraqi envoys to condemn the "aggressive act". Iraq said the area targeted was used by militants to launch cross-border attacks in Iraq.

The US has neither confirmed nor denied the incident. It has previously accused Syria of allowing militants into Iraq.

Syria said the US helicopters attacked a farm in the Abu Kamal border area.

If confirmed, the raid would be the first known attack by US forces inside Syrian territory, says BBC diplomatic correspondent Jonathan Marcus.

BBC

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Get used to it.
IF Obama is elected it will happen more often - he has repeatedly stated he supports following the attackers back to their hidey-holes across borders.
:S

IMO, we need to just get back inside our own borders and keep our money, politics, and weaponry right here at home.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,444101,00.html

Ninety percent of foreign fighters enter Iraq through Syria, according to U.S. intelligence estimates. Foreign fighters often enter Iraq in order to bring cash to Al Qaeda in Iraq's chief. They also are deadly — trained in bomb-making and willing to sacrifice themselves in suicide attacks.

I say fair target.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Ninety percent of foreign fighters enter Iraq through Syria, according to U.S. intelligence estimates. Foreign fighters often enter Iraq in order to bring cash to Al Qaeda in Iraq's chief. They also are deadly — trained in bomb-making and willing to sacrifice themselves in suicide attacks.

I say fair target.

Another set of foreign fighters have been entering Iraq on USAF airliners. Some would say that they are fair targets too. Someone has to be big enough to stop this shite.

(.)Y(.)

American forces attacked an Al Qaeda camp inside Syria. They did not attack legitimate Syrian armed forces.

This should serve as a remeinder to Syria to keep their own house - and border - in order. Syria's been destabilizing Iraq and Lebanon both for a long time.

Now the Syrians are boo-hooing about civilian causualties, women and children. Maybe so and that's really unfortunate (really). But the Syrians also wouldn't be above rounding up some of their own women and children and shooting them, just to dump the bodies in the camp to show off for impressionable Euro journalists.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Get used to it.
IF Obama is elected it will happen more often - he has repeatedly stated he supports following the attackers back to their hidey-holes across borders.
:S

IMO, we need to just get back inside our own borders and keep our money, politics, and weaponry right here at home.

Agreed 100%. And I might add our jobs too! [:/]
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I say fair target.

Indeed. I won't be losing any sleep while waiting for confirmation of this story.

While they seem talkative, perhaps they can explain that nuclear facility that the Israelis destroyed last year.

on RAF planes too.... I know at the strategic level the U.S. is only furthering its own interests.. I got that. But at the soldier level we are actually trying to help towns, villages and individuals, and our only objective is to succeed.

The Syrians and many other countries have been turning a blind eye on their borders and have been letting murderers and thieves across to destabilize any small amount of peace an Iraqi family might have.

I say fair game to any and all who want to play with us in the desert.

I'm sure that you are right on some levels but at the highest level, I do not believe that we are doing right.

Our countries are not making friends by attacking other nations... these would be construed as acts of war if they done to us.

What makes us so right?

(.)Y(.)

That's some pretty serious shit to send what I presume to be delta force into Syria. Pretty brazen act.

It was only 5 miles. It was a seriously important target. It did severe damage to the terrorist network. It will improve conditions in Iraq.

If Syria doesn't like it, they should mind their own country and not let terrorists use them as a home base.

That's some pretty serious shit to send what I presume to be delta force into Syria. Pretty brazen act.

It was only 5 miles. It was a seriously important target. It did severe damage to the terrorist network. It will improve conditions in Iraq.

If Syria doesn't like it, they should mind their own country and not let terrorists use them as a home base.

5 miles or 500 miles it's still pretty serious shit to invade another country. Especially doing it so conspicuously.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

>It was only 5 miles.

So you'd be OK with the Mexican military attacking and destroying a Border Patrol station in Brownsville, Texas - as long as they were protecting Mexican citizens? After all, if we don't like it, we should mind our own country and not let Minutemen/terrorists attack Mexican citizens.

So you'd be OK with the Mexican military attacking and destroying a Border Patrol station in Brownsville, Texas - as long as they were protecting Mexican citizens? After all, if we don't like it, we should mind our own country and not let Minutemen/terrorists attack Mexican citizens.

The presumptive basis for your comparison is invalid, therefore your point is moot.

If Americans were launching terrorist attacks on Mexico from Brownsville, and America wasn't doing anything to stop it at the source, then indeed, I would fully expect Mexico to be justified in making an incursion to do something about it themselves.

If your neighbors break into your house and steal your stuff every time you depart to go to work, wouldn't you want the police to go into their house to arrest them and recover your goods?

There's nothing sacrosanct about foreign territory if it's being used for evil purposes against others.

If your neighbors break into your house and steal your stuff every time you depart to go to work, wouldn't you want the police to go into their house to arrest them and recover your goods?

The police is who, again, in that play ? :|

There's nothing sacrosanct about foreign territory if it's being used for evil purposes against others.

Who's to decide it? You?
Who are "the others"??
Your post is just a wishy-washy reply. :S

dudeist skydiver # 3105