Skyrad

McCain or Obama... Some choice

One wants to go to war with Pakistan and the other wants to go to war with Iran. WTF is it with these people? Hasn't America had enough of starting wars and seeing their sons and daughters coming home dead and maimed?:S
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

One wants to go to war with Pakistan and the other wants to go to war with Iran...:S

I believe it's called The Galtieri Strategem.

When your popularity's going to $hit and home news is all bad, then start a (preferably short & successful) war to give the people something shiny to watch.:S

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Your sentiments are much like those felt under the Wilson administration's first term and the Hoover administration's term in the USA, except they were wondering why Europe couldn't keep a lid on.

Wilson's campaign motto was, "He'll keep us out of war." It didn't work out so well.

Then there was that little fracus in the Falkland Islands when Thatcher was at a low ebb and the economy in Argentina was rotting.

The trouble with politicians is that they are human. I'm not so worried about the bluster of our candidates as I am the nut in Caracas. He's tried to pick a fight twice in the past two years. I rather dislike the idea of a notable war in this hemisphere.

[:/]

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

there IS another choice.....

but it is a sad commentary on the current state of affairs....

that choice...????

abstain from voting altogether,,,, for POTUS..:|

i will vote, on election day , as I always do. but for local , state , and proposition items...

It becoming very VERY hard to truly "support' either of these Presidential candidates....
so in good conscience,, I may have to vote
for neither...[:/]

jmy

there IS another choice.....

I saw a sign along the side of the road the other day asking people to vote for Ron Paul for President.

So I suppose there's another choice for y'all... :P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I'll go out on a limb here.
I think either Obama or McCain (hypothetically separated from their respective "teams", and JM separated from SP as VP...) would make very decent Presidents. The only other time I've come close to feeling that way was in '76 when it was Carter vs. Ford ... and then Carter went and bombed that gig.

Another feeling of mine: most people in the world don't have the privilege of living in democracies in which human rights and freedoms are, on balance, honored more in practice than in the breach. Almost everyone currently on this board IS so privileged. I vote - always - because as I see it, not doing so would amount to a betrayal of the freedoms each of our countries stand for. That's a lesson my wife and I have imparted to our children, too.

I can't try to send a message by throwing my vote away.

I agree.
Jason, you have to form a 3rd party and get it viable before voting for it amounts to much more than pissing the vote away. Just "sending a message" + 50 cents won't even get you a bad cuppa joe these days.

I can't try to send a message by throwing my vote away.

Which is just the attitude that perpetuates the 2 party stranglehold. If everyone who prefers an independant to the big 2 just fucking manned up and voted then you might begin to see things happen. If you can't even be bothered to take that risk then I don't know how you expect things to ever improve.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

. . . you have to form a 3rd party and get it viable before voting for it amounts to much more than pissing the vote away.

The 3rd parties are already out there, but will never become viable without votes.

Helping them become viable does not constitute a vote "pissed away".

. . =(_8^(1)

Well I live in CA which Obama will win anyways so for me it's the only way MY vote will actually count. And if 10 million people send a message then it'll be worth a hell of a lot more than a "bad cuppa joe." But hey, I'm only 1 man with 1 vote. I'll do my part to actually institute change.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

But hey, I'm only 1 man with 1 vote. I'll do my part to actually institute change.

Good for you. Vote the way you think you should vote. Just vote. My parents were unhappy with all of the Nader voters who helped put Bush in the WH. I told them I had no problem with Nader voters. I had a problem with the 1/2 of the country that didn't bother to vote.

The 3rd parties are already out there, but will never become viable without votes.

Helping them become viable does not constitute a vote "pissed away".

I would think that the current political system in this country has shown that the system of parties is not conducive to the democratic process.

In my world, I would ban ALL political parties as well as the Electoral College.

Perhaps without the current list of parties, people might have to become informed voters and vote based on a particular candidates position on the issues rather than picking the biggest ass or the largest herbivore cartoon character all dressed up in red white and blue.

It definitely is not the case in this election. And won't ever be as long as people keep voting democrat or republican. It's time we sent them a message and gave somone else a chance at the big show.

We tried that once, but his VP choice killed his chances. Perrot had some good ideas.

http://www.gp.org/index.php
http://www.votenader.org/
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

there are other choices, granted some that are not on the ballot should be.

Start voting for what you believe in, not for the 2 major parties.

Yesterday I spoke with a hate-filled racist woman I have come to know...
"McCain is going to do a great job"
"I'm a Libertarian at heart"

My comment was, "well if you are a Libertarian, then why are you voting for McCain?"

Vote for what you believe in - this country actually needs more of that.

The crazy guy who posts random rants on his signs in front of his bar had a good one about this subject in particular.

"If John McCain or Barack Obama is the answer, it must have been a really stupid question."

Lol.
Oh, hello again!