ryoder

Denver police beat cyclist, commit perjury

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?aid=58967

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/13/charges-dropped-after-video-surfaces/

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=97466&provider=top

Edited to add: 9 News won't show photos of the perps to "protect their undercover identities" , but I will show a photo of Cordova so the people of Denver know who to avoid:
http://www.nleomf.com/TheFund/programs/OOM/CordovaBouhana_may05.htm

Haven't found one of Costigan, yet.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Cops screwed up. And lied. Happens sometimes.

And they generally get away with it unless someone has a video.

Which is getting more and more common.

Unfortunately, it STILL only takes one bad one to besmirch the reputation of hundreds/thousands of others.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

> it STILL only takes one bad one to besmirch the reputation of
>hundreds/thousands of others.

Or, as in this case, six bad ones.

Ordinary citizens should not be allowed to have firearms.

Firearms should be possessed only by the military and the police.

:S

Because they're so trustworthy.
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?aid=58967

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/13/charges-dropped-after-video-surfaces/

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=97466&provider=top

Edited to add: 9 News won't show photos of the perps to "protect their undercover identities" , but I will show a photo of Cordova so the people of Denver know who to avoid:
http://www.nleomf.com/TheFund/programs/OOM/CordovaBouhana_may05.htm

Haven't found one of Costigan, yet.

Just wait for the DEM convention. Going to get interesting. Hope the bag pigs are off the street by then. I see many arrests coming. Camera up people.;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

On the News last night, they showed protests from yesterday in regards to a warehouse downtown that was converted into a "jail" especially in preparation for the DNC. The warehouse can accommodate one arrest per minute in their estimation.

Unfortunately, it STILL only takes one bad one to besmirch the reputation of hundreds/thousands of others.

Sucks to be the victim, regardless of how few (or how many) bad ones there are.

And the only bad ones we know about are the ones that have been caught.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It did not work for the poor guy in New Oleans who got the shit beat out of him follow'd by a huge cover up by every law agency in America....even freaking Homeland Security........[:/]

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

John McVicar was the UK's most wanted man in the 1960s. He became a sociologist and author. Prior to the Police and Criminal Evidence Act in 1984 (which required contemporaneous notes of interviews), verballing (falsified statements by the police, normally in which the accused was alleged to have said something like 'I did it but you will never prove it') was considered to be very common by most of those involved in the judicial process.

Every time a police officer was found to have lied about the 'confessions', other serving officers would typically explain it by saying that every tree has an occasional bad apple.

John McVicar wrote a book called 'The Rotten Orchard', which I think many people think was a more appropriate reflection of the UK police forces at that time.

I am not sure times have changed all that much - even with the tape recording of many interviews, It was reported that the investigation into the shooting of the Brazilian, Jean Charles Menendez (mistaken for a suspected London bomber) by an independent commission found discrepancies with the statements / notebooks of some of the officers involved and found that they had collaborated to ensure they were telling a consistent story. I have a feeling that even in the so-called civilised and democratic countries, there are plenty of police officers who are happy to lie to avoid getting into trouble for their actions and , more worrying, they seem to be supported by colleagues who will not speak out for whatever reason.

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

>Ordinary citizens should not be allowed to have firearms.

Perhaps, but Clinton did it first.

Indeed.

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve
the rights of ordinary Americans..." - W.J. Clinton

Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans..." - W.J. Clinton

Bravo, sir. I did not presume to fill your shoes, just put in a placeholder lest the CDIF be overlooked!

Glad to be of service - although I never would have provided the quote, had you not said it.

Maybe Amy can check out that jerking knee for you... :P:)
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Glad to be of service . . .

No problem. Now if we just have someone post something about Islam we'd have the trifecta.

Islam is a mono-theistic religion originating in the middle east through the efforts of a gentleman named Mohamed. It's currently a world wide religion today spanning many countries with perhaps the largest percentage of practitioners on the planet. It has many different subsets within the religion with vastly varying belief sets and cultural expectations.

glad to help

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>glad to help

Thanks, but that may not do it. I should have said "an angry post about Islam." You can be either for or against, it doesn't matter. But you need the anger for it to be a valid part of the sought-after Speaker's Corner triumvirate.

>glad to help

Thanks, but that may not do it. I should have said "an angry post about Islam." You can be either for or against, it doesn't matter. But you need the anger for it to be a valid part of the sought-after Speaker's Corner triumvirate.

Can I post an angry diatribe about traffic lights?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>glad to help

Can I post an angry diatribe about traffic lights?

Only if you can tie it into Islam, somehow... :D
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706