airdvr

Barack admits he doesn't know what he's doing

Barack admits admitted he doesn't didn't know what he's he was doing, back in 2004, when he said that it wouldn't be right to run for President when he had never even served one day as a Senator.

When did you become a troll, anyway?
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Oooooh, he has 3 1/2 years under his belt.

Surely he has what he needs to lead 300,000,000 people now!

Crazy

That is definitely something for every voter to consider. But my statement was made about what was said, and the way it was interpreted on this thread title.

Barack admits admitted he doesn't didn't know what he's he was doing, back in 2004, when he said that it wouldn't be right to run for President when he had never even served one day as a Senator.

Consider this...you want to apply for a job, say CEO of a multibillion dollar corporation. You send in your resume. You have a whopping 3.5 years of experience. What do you think the chances are you'll get that job?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Consider this...you want to apply for a job, say CEO of a multibillion dollar corporation. You send in your resume. You have a whopping 3.5 years of experience. What do you think the chances are you'll get that job?

As long as you say. "I am change you can believe in," then you would have a great shot it appears.

BO's lack of experience is starting to show and his arrogance is stomach turning.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Consider this. As one of the most educated, well-spoken, rising stars of a corporation, you are quickly promoted to management. During that interview, someone asks if you would like to be CEO some day. You say, no, you don't have enough experience. Years later, when you are jockying for that job as CEO, someone says they remember years ago when you said you didn't have enough experience, and therefore you must not have enough experience now.

An even better example: the management of said company is full of the most corrupt, greedy, self-serving and crony-istic people that have been there since before Christ was a mess-cook. And everyone knows it, the customers, the employees and the government, which is currently investigating the company. The board of directors wants a new face for the company that appears to have at least a few shreds of moral decency, to try to change the direction so that they don't get fined by the IRS, jailed by the FBI and mobbed by the public. Maybe in the face of such crud, it's better to hire someone who hasn't been as tainted by the system.

For president....pretty decent. Look at Bush, he ran every corporation he was ever involved with into the groud, and the US elected him president.

If you're popular with your customer base, proven that you have solid leadership ability and you have a good relationship with your suppliers who have shown a desire to work with you, I'd say your chances are pretty good. I'd say they were especially good if your only competitor for the job has spent the last few decades working for a bankrupt company, who makes decisions based on which way the wind blows and is hell bent on bringing with him the same corrupt cronies who were driving his company into the ground.

By your way of counting, awesome. How many years of experience did Bush have before he was elected?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Consider this. As one of the most educated, well-spoken, rising stars of a corporation, you are quickly promoted to management. During that interview, someone asks if you would like to be CEO some day. You say, no, you don't have enough experience. 3.5 Years later, when you are jockying for that job as CEO, someone says they remember 3.5 years ago when you said you didn't have enough experience, and therefore you must not have enough experience now.

Destinations by Roxanne

I still say "None of the Above" is the best choice for the USA (you might as well vote for Paris Hilton, she may be a space case, but at least she thinks she's hot ... LOL). But if you think you guys have it bad in the USA, you should see the clowns Canada has.

"We didn't get it done" - Michael Ignatief's words during the Liberal leadership debate in regards to the Liberals failed effort to live up to their Kyoto commitments.

"Do you think it is easy making priorities" - Stephan Dion's words during the Liberal leadership campaign in response to Ignatief.

LOL ... so here we have a man who could be the next PM who does not know how to prioritize but wants us to believe he can control Mother Nature through increased taxation.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I still say "None of the Above" is the best choice for the USA (you might as well vote for Paris Hilton, she may be a space case, but at least she thinks she's hot ... LOL). But if you think you guys have it bad in the USA, you should see the clowns Canada has.

"We didn't get it done" - Michael Ignatief's words during the Liberal leadership debate in regards to the Liberals failed effort to live up to their Kyoto commitments.

"Do you think it is easy making priorities" - Stephan Dion's words during the Liberal leadership campaign in response to Ignatief.

LOL ... so here we have a man who could be the next PM who does not know how to prioritize but wants us to believe he can control Mother Nature through increased taxation.

Well then Canada and the US have at least one thing in common. Many in government "think" they can control almost anything by increased taxation;)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Depends on the competition.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

You guys never heard of Silicon Valley, I take it.

Details?

Destinations by Roxanne

Consider this. You are applying for this important job as the CEO of said multi-billion dollar a year corporation. You've never been in management at this company - your closest association was as an outside vendor with some basic knowledge of the industry. Of course, your dad was CEO before, so that counts for something. But it doesn't overshadow your previous history of alcohol abuse, including a conviction for drunk driving. Nor does it make up for the fact that you rarely showed up at your previous job, or that the homophobic board members snicker about you being the head cheerleader in high school.

George W served zero years in Congress before becoming the current President.
He is an arrested and convicted drunk driver.
He became a pilot after "achieving" the lowest possible score, and by all accounts never really showed up for work in the National Guard.
Every single one of his elections, including Governor of Texas, was close and contested.

Since that is the resume of the current President, then I think Obama may be over-qualified. Ed for spelling.

ignoring actual details, I believe that being governor of a large state like Texas or California is more significant, relevant experience than being a Senator for the same 4 year term.

Barbara Boxer has been Senator of CA since 1992 and I still can't think of a single thing she's done.

Details?

Marc Andriessen - basically took existing work and creates the netscape web browser. A few years after that, people are lining up to give him billions (or at least hundreds of millions) to run whatever new idea he has.

There's plenty of young guys around here leading very large companies. Occasionally the investors want an older, "more experienced" guy brought in, and often that results in the death of the company.

If you want new ideas for Washington, you don't bring in a Hillary Clinton or McCain. Or a Bush who claims to be an outsider from Texas, despite the obvious family history. You bring in someone younger who you think has the skills, and hope that the old guard of his party don't kill every new notion.

Obviously if you like the status quo, McCain is the man.

>Consider this...you want to apply for a job, say CEO of a multibillion dollar
>corporation. You send in your resume. You have a whopping 3.5 years
>of experience. What do you think the chances are you'll get that job?

Consider the opposite.

You are a 72 year old man who can no longer remember whether the USSR is still together. You apply for the top job at a company where the old CEO is getting the boot due to incompetence. Your plan is to do the same thing he did. During your interview you say things like "The issue of economics is not something I’ve understood as well as I should; I’ve got Greenspan’s book. . .I’m going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated.”

What are the odds you will get the job?

An even better example: the management of said company is full of the most corrupt, greedy, self-serving and crony-istic people that have been there since before Christ was a mess-cook. And everyone knows it, the customers, the employees and the government, which is currently investigating the company. The board of directors wants a new face for the company that appears to have at least a few shreds of moral decency, to try to change the direction so that they don't get fined by the IRS, jailed by the FBI and mobbed by the public. Maybe in the face of such crud, it's better to hire someone who hasn't been as tainted by the system.

That is one of the best analogies I have seen posted.

I have to wonder WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU EXPECTING when all these fucknuggets voted for Bush. He has done a similar inept and incompetent form of running this country as he did in most of his business ventures thoughout his life. DID YOU ACTUALLY THINK he would run the coutnry any differently?

IT would be really funny if it was not so fucking pathetic what they have done for the future of this country..

In 2000, we had a candidate who'd served 8 years as a US Representative, 8 years as a US Senator, and 8 years as Vice President, going against a guy with zero years of federal experience and only 5 years at the state level. So all you people clamoring about experience voted for Gore, right?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

> In 2000, we had a candidate who'd served 8 years as a US
>Representative, 8 years as a US Senator, and 8 years as Vice President,
>going against a guy with zero years of federal experience and only 5 years
>at the state level. So all you people clamoring about experience voted for
>Gore, right?

(smoke pours from their keyboards as all right wingers do a screeching 180 on their positions on experience)