someday

sorry but..sadly, I think obama will be assassinated

i like obama...but i think he'll get assassinated before the election..

sorry left nut liberals.. you can just tell the way things are going, he'll get capped... i think there are just some people who will not allow it to happen...

flame retardant ready ;)

sorry for being quite blunt..

ya i think theres just too many angry people right now..between all the terrible things that are going on, and the crazy people on the left and the crazy people on the right (although i think the left is more into jihad then the right)

he's been saying some things that havn't sat well with the right, and the right is all into guns and war,

my friend said blackwater would do it, or one of those type of guys..

i don't doubt it..

i think he's too smart, and too good at speaking, and too honest and all that is gonna lead to someone whos a good shot taking it..

I've heard personally from friends that say if Iraq is abandoned by obama (if he does it the wrong way) and all the American deaths there are "worthless" then things will go down..

anyways... i would hate to see it happen, but i think it will

I don't think anyone's going to bother to assassinate him unless he wins. So, he should pick Hillary as his VP, because then nobody's going to try to kill him because she'd be a lot worse!

its funny that you say that because the other thing i have been thinking was.. hillary is totally a politician, i could see her going in as VP (or wanting to)

and then she would have someone assassinate him so she could be president..

if i was obama thats why i wouldn't pick her.. and all 100,000 other reasons

i would much rather see her get waxed then obama

also i think depending on how close the polls are a couple weeks before the election, he'll get waxed cause the republicans don't want the democrats to "fuck everything up"

ya i think theres just too many angry people right now..

There always is. No matter which part of the spectrum a nominee represents, there's always some fringe element out there with the potential to assassinate, right?

The only thing new about Obama is that he's part black, so of course there's fringe groups that stand to act over that. Other than that, seems to me Obama stands as much chance to be victim of an attempt as any past president.

. . =(_8^(1)

I don't think anyone's going to bother to assassinate him unless he wins. So, he should pick Hillary as his VP, because then nobody's going to try to kill him because she'd be a lot worse!

which might be why he thinks somebody'll kill Obama before he's elected.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

ya your right, im just saying..

the fact that hes black and killed Reagan's berlin moment..some red neck hicks are really angry..and with gas being high and taxes possibly goin up..

i think mccain deserves it for all hes done for us.. (i dont know the half of it but)

id love to utilize mccain for four years to get out of iraq in a way that will not leave them vulnerable and us looking bad, and then in 4 years obama might have a bit more experience, and might have gotten his skin color changed by then.. (ITS A FUCKING JOKE)
and then we can all change..

Maybe 30 years ago, but not today.

Right now, Shirley Franklin is the mayor of Atlanta.
Black and a woman. The 4th black mayor.

Houston, Texas - 2004 Lee Brown. Black.

Governors? Doug Wilder in Virginia and Deval Patrick in Massachusetts. Paterson in NY.

Senators? Obama.

There are black politicians in every level of government. The list is endless. There is even a black governors conference.

This whole thread seems just too alarmist.
Nobody is going to make a special attempt on him.

Nutcases will attack whoever is president.

Being black does not make him a special target.
Obama isn't any more smart or honest than any other politician.

Being black does not make him a special target.

I believe you're wrong on both counts, but I'll pass over your last point for now.

Obama is special is that he is the first black man to be a candidate of a major political party running for the President of the US.

That is leaps and bounds more important than any office you mentioned and it has the potential to completely change the way an entire class of people see themselves and how they fit in with the rest of the entire country, not just their local section of it.

Sadly, there -are- in fact, some nut cases out there that are willing to let the color of a person's skin be the determining factor as to whether or not they are willing to let someone live or die.

I can absolutely, 100% guarantee, there -are- people out there right this minute planning to do this. Whether or not they are successful is in the hands of the Secret Service.

It will be interesting to see how the black/white issue shakes out at the polls.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

That is leaps and bounds more important than any office you mentioned and it has the potential to completely change the way an entire class of people see themselves and how they fit in with the rest of the entire country, not just their local section of it.

There have already been the famous and infamous of the national stage.

Colin Powell, Rice, and Justice Thomas.

Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and the dork mayor of DC.

Sadly, there -are- in fact, some nut cases out there that are willing to let the color of a person's skin be the determining factor as to whether or not they are willing to let someone live or die.

The major difference is "willing" or "doing".
Sure, there are nuts of all persuasions. They'll sit around the bar and grouse, but then go home and sleep it off.

Obama is the king of "non-speak".
"We need change."
"Ummm... yeah, you've said that... like 8000 times. Do you have any details?"

He's the sound-bite candidate.
In the details, he says all the same crap that the others say. His "positions" don't piss of anyone.

>"We need change."
>"Ummm... yeah, you've said that... like 8000 times. Do you have any details?"

Read his books. There he spends like 8000 words describing what he plans to do. Doesn't work for the illiterati, of course - which is why so many people think he has no plans.

>Sure, there are nuts of all persuasions. They'll sit around the bar
>and grouse, but then go home and sleep it off.

Yep - at least, 999 out of 1000 will.

>There have already been the famous and infamous of the national stage.

There have been - but extremists tend to go after the top guy, the symbol. Look at what happened to the first catholic president.

If you can't see how Obama is different in his potential to effect actual change in how some people see themselves all across the country, then you don't fully understand the issue.

As high in government as Powell or Rice are, it's just not the same thing as being the guy AT the top.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

its funny that you say that because the other thing i have been thinking was.. hillary is totally a politician, i could see her going in as VP (or wanting to)

and then she would have someone assassinate him so she could be president..

if i was obama thats why i wouldn't pick her.. and all 100,000 other reasons

i would much rather see her get waxed then obama

also i think depending on how close the polls are a couple weeks before the election, he'll get waxed cause the republicans don't want the democrats to "fuck everything up"

You forget agent Bauer, i'm sure that Jack will put a stop to her nonsense.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

>"We need change."
>"Ummm... yeah, you've said that... like 8000 times. Do you have any details?"

Read his books. There he spends like 8000 words describing what he plans to do. Doesn't work for the illiterati, of course - which is why so many people think he has no plans.

I had the same complaint about the non-thinking knee-jerk reactions any post that mentioned Jeb Bush as governor in Florida.

I would point out what he was actually doing and the programs that he implemented. I actually posted links to the state website. Pavlovs posters went off on his last name, instead of reading 50 words.

Actually, he was one of the better governors, planners, implementers, and overall administrators that the state has had in years.

Jeb actually did things and supported the people under him. He was well measured by his actions and facts.

>There have already been the famous and infamous of the national stage.

There have been - but extremists tend to go after the top guy, the symbol. Look at what happened to the first catholic president.

Catholicism wasn't the reason. Oswald didn't shoot JFK because he was white, rich, or Catholic. Any biography of Oswald illustrates how nuts that he was.
JFK just happened to be president that year.

JFK spent his whole life being a f- up while his father fixed everything behind the scenes.

JFK spent his whole life being a f- up while his father fixed everything behind the scenes.

You say that like there's something wrong with it. Thank God for Daddy...lol.

:)
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

JFK spent his whole life being a f- up while his father fixed everything behind the scenes while indulging in Nazi fantasies.

There. That's better.;)

So you know that story. :)
Except in his case, it wasn't a fantasy. Man, money will buy you anything.

Inga was hot. Probably not a spy, she was a beauty queen who played it into a journalism job.

It never pays to say nice things about Hitler though.
:D

I'll beg to differ on on the first part of the comment. He's proven the former, has yet to prove the latter (although his energy comments ring with more honesty than most).

He is no more smarter than the average if he does not have a speech (paper) in front of him. His energy comments???? You mean that if everybody in the US would inflate their tires to the correct PSI, it would fix our energy problem???:S:S He knows not a damn thing about energy!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!