SkyPiggie

Texas Executes Mexican

The DP deters ignorant criminals from following the same foot steps as the dead guy!

So to you, the deterrent value is worth executing some innocents?

Our system is not perfect (like you) but it does the best it can. So someone somewhere may have been killed that was not guilty, but shit happens. I 100% believe in the DP!

So someone somewhere may have been killed that was not guilty,

+

but shit happens.

=

John Deere agrees with killing innocent people.

How sweet the ignorant liberals are!!!!!!!! What ever you say!!! As long as the child molesting,perversts are not close to my house!

STILL DIDN'T ANSWER ME:

So someone somewhere may have been killed that was not guilty,

+

but shit happens.

=

John Deere agrees with killing innocent people.

How sweet the ignorant liberals are!!!!!!!! What ever you say!!!

OK, so my political affiliation/ideology addresses your desire to see innocent people killed exactly how?

You obviously don't know my position on guns, and my point still stands.

Im sorry i just thought it might be inline with your other beliefs;)

Rest assured, I'm not particularly liberal. I think government should be very small, especially the federal government, and freedom as unrestrained as reasonably possible.

Your question is stuped at best!!!!!!!!

If there's a funnier word to see misspelled, I don't know what it is. :D:D:D

Blues,
Dave

Perhaps the term, "commen sence;" guess who laid that one down for us? :S

Rest assured, I'm not particularly liberal. I think government should be very small, especially the federal government, and freedom as unrestrained as reasonably possible.

Blues,
Dave

HEY GET IN LINE!!!!!! Kallend, Amazon, and Andy 908 already have the right to comment on my spelling insteed of my facts;):S:S.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..........comment on my spelling insteed of my facts

I'm sorry, I must have missed the factual portion of the show, what facts and citations did you present?

Perhaps the term, "commen sence;" guess who laid that one down for us? :S

Someone who uses his incredible communication skills to make far more money than us poor, stupid folk can imagine? :ph34r:

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

you need more accurate datum.
:S

It's almost humorous how most people trust our judicial system having never used it or gotten involved with it in any manner. It's not the system we take for granted. I still think it's one of the best on the planet, but not without HUGE problems. THAT is why I don't like state sponsored blood on my hands.
I used to believe in the death penalty until I learned more about the system. Growing older made me see things differently too.
We do arrest, charge, try, and convict innocent people a LOT more often than most people realize.
[:/]

Right, the problem with it is that it is adversarial, meaning side A versus side B, truth is optional. There is no jeopardy when prosecutors and cops misbehave, so they lie and usually get away with it. The system needs to create an incentive for prosecutors to find the truth rather than to get the win, until then we will keep convicting innocent and guilty alike.

"the world court has no standing in Texas."

- and we still wonder why so much of the planet hates us?????

Do you want the U.S. to give up it's national sovereignty and turn it over to a few people in Holland to tell us how to run our country?

Ehm... in signing a treaty and agreeing to disputes being arbitrated by the International Court of Justice, the US has certainly signed away the right to decide when a treaty is being violated. This is a Good Thing as it is the very same procedure that makes sure that Mexico / Italy / Russia doesn't get to decide when they have violated your rights.

What you should really be worried about is that SCOTUS in this case has overruled article VI of the constitution. If that is not "legislating from the bench" I don't know what is.
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

Hmmm your branch of christianity sure seems to be lacking in so many of the christlike virtues.... like foregiveness...

Do you want all murderers to be forgiven and released from prison?

Is so, I make a motion that they be sent to YOUR home town.

Yea really............. hey, I have an idea...... let's lock him away for the rest of his life w/o parole. Does it have to be excution or freedom?

The major problem I have with that is this:
The reason we don't execute many murderers is almost exclusively the fact that over the decades, liberals have stood defiantly in the way of letting that be the norm. So we ended up with "life in prison"--which hardly ever means ACTUAL life in prison until the death of the prisoner. Why? Because even when they can prevent execution, which they despise (even when it's a despicable criminal murderer being executed), they are not as good as their word. They don't keep their word, and after a while, "life in prison" means, "Oh, we'll keep him there until he convinces us he can be well-behaved."

If I knew that "LIFE IN PRISON" would fucking MEAN "LIFE IN PRISON," and the murderer won't be let out until he's been pronounced dead, I might consent to that.

And I would want to make sure that the sentence involved the STARKEST of existences, NO ENTERTAINMENT WHATSOEVER, no socializing, no learning, no NOTHIN'. MAKE IT SUCK VERY BADLY FOR THE CONVICT.

And do everything possible to make sure that no convict ever gets an opportunity to harm a prison employee. See, that is one huge objection I have to warehousing useless vermin like murderers forever and ever: every one of them is a living lethal threat to GOOD guys.

I've seen a now-famous photo of a burly prison guard who was slashed five or six times on the back and chest by a convict with some sort of contraband blade. The officer is sitting on a treatment table, presumably VERY doped-up, and he looks like a slab of beef. His cuts are wide open and appear to be about two inches in depth. THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE WON'T EXECUTE DANGEROUS VERMIN. THEY TAKE THAT 1 IN 1000 CHANCE TO HURT THEIR JAILERS. THAT IS A CHANCE THEY WOULD NEVER HAVE IF WE WERE NOT INDULGING THEM TO [I]LIVE[/I].
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

PS: I also find it interesting that you condemn others for advocating (or using) torture while advocating torture (being raped on a daily basis) yourself ... way to go!

You have NO FUCKING clue how I come to my feelings about rapists and those who prey on innocents.

I dont believe they should warrent ANY kind of mercy whatsoever. The crimes they do affect people for their whole lives.. I feel its fitting for them to suffer for as long as physically possible and a quick death is far to easy of a way out for scum like that.

Karma is one big FUCKING BITCH.

Torture is a completely different form of state sponsored abuse against people who may or may not deserve it.. if you cant make the distinction.. I truely feel sorry for you.

You believe that innocent people get convicted and sent to prison and advocate rape in prison ... think about it. :S

PS: Rape in prison is torture. Prison is part of the state. You don't believe the state should do anything to stop rape in prison. Thus, you advocate state sponsored abuse against people who may or may not deserve it.

Oooh, sick burn! :P
Imaginations on fire

On the other hand.. I do believe this guy was guilty of the crime... I would rather him spend 60 years or so contemplating his crimes in Federal Pound Him in the ASS Prison... where he gets more meaningfull punishment on a daily basis.

Wait, you care that the few innocent people that you believe are convicted don't receive the death penalty but you don't care that they are raped on a daily basis?

PS: I also find it interesting that you condemn others for advocating (or using) torture while advocating torture (being raped on a daily basis) yourself ... way to go!

Wait, you weren't actually expecting a reasoned, rational position from her, with consistency and everything, were you? :D Yeah, right!

You know how many times I've read the opinions of death-penalty opponents, who say it's cruel and inhumane to execute murderers, who then say that we should be happy to give them life in prison because of how cruel and sucky life in prison is, and how torturous to spend decades behind dank walls in a tiny cell? So on one hand, they are all about compassion and being humane, and on the other hand, tell us that we should support life in prison because it's a great way to make life torture for the condemned. This is the "consistency" of the left.
Imaginations on fire

Like a lot of other posters, I think that there should be a "Retried with offer of consular assistance" option. But I don't think it would have made a ton of difference and it's probably just as unfair to make the victim's families endure another trial.

Different subject, sort of
Where's the line between
"I crawled under the fence and deserve to be treated like a citizen" and "I crawled under the fence and deserve to be treated like an alien"?
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Right, 90% liberal, yet 5 of the last 7 presidential terms were served by neo-con garbage.

Like I said.. THEY believe that 90% of the country is liberal.. since only about 10% are that far right of center.. it does skew the shit out of things.

They see liberals hiding behind every tree.. just waiting to give away their jobs to minorities:ph34r:

Different subject, sort of
Where's the line between
"I crawled under the fence and deserve to be treated like a citizen" and "I crawled under the fence and deserve to be treated like an alien"?

There is no such line. The Bill of Rights applies to all people equally, because "all men are created equal", not "all Americans are treated equal". It's a beautiful concept, one that makes the US Constitution an especially enlightened and noble document. Americans have been trying to live up to it for over 300 years, but it isn't easy.

Don

Hint Im not DeVoll !!!!! Even though that is my last name! That is a differant postter. My employey!!! You should check out my post to find out the facts!!!! Or you could just keep speeking of lies:S>:(

You're embarrassing yourself again.

Your poll would get an "F" for methodology if it were in a term paper. The debate over capital punishment is not about whether the criminal "deserves" it, since the starting presumption is that he probably does morally "deserve" the forfeit of his life. Rather, the debate hinges on whether, despite the fact that he deserves it, society should take his life.

By crafting the language of your "poll" to try to force a particular answer, you devalue your survey into nothing more than a partisan push-poll. In doing so, you insult everyone's intelligence.

> So on one hand, they are all about compassion and being humane,
>and on the other hand, tell us that we should support life in prison
>because it's a great way to make life torture for the condemned.

I don't really care about their feelings either way. Once they murder someone they lose their rights. Assuming a working justice system, either put them in jail for life or execute them, whatever's cheaper.

Blues,
Dave

I am partial to this one....

Edited because I was "stuped" enough to forget to hit "upload attachment"

You're willing to place a dollar value on someone's life? They hype over the cost of keeping someone in prison for life costing more than the death penalty doesn't appear to be very well supported. The legal costs associate with the death penalty and the time it takes to get to that event seem to usually cost more than a life sentence.

I agree if convicted of a capital offense the rules change somewhat, but we're still talking about life. An irreversable action if later found to be incorrect.

> You're willing to place a dollar value on someone's life?

Once they forfeit their lives by taking another's - yes. Whatever's cheaper.

>The legal costs associate with the death penalty and the time it takes
>to get to that event seem to usually cost more than a life sentence.

That's fine. If that's the case, then life in prison works better. The important thing is that they never have a chance to kill another innocent person.

Hmmm your branch of christianity sure seems to be lacking in so many of the christlike virtues.... like foregiveness...

Do you want all murderers to be forgiven and released from prison?

Is so, I make a motion that they be sent to YOUR home town.

Yea really............. hey, I have an idea...... let's lock him away for the rest of his life w/o parole. Does it have to be excution or freedom?

The major problem I have with that is this:
The reason we don't execute many murderers is almost exclusively the fact that over the decades, liberals have stood defiantly in the way of letting that be the norm. So we ended up with "life in prison"--which hardly ever means ACTUAL life in prison until the death of the prisoner. Why? Because even when they can prevent execution, which they despise (even when it's a despicable criminal murderer being executed), they are not as good as their word. They don't keep their word, and after a while, "life in prison" means, "Oh, we'll keep him there until he convinces us he can be well-behaved."

If I knew that "LIFE IN PRISON" would fucking MEAN "LIFE IN PRISON," and the murderer won't be let out until he's been pronounced dead, I might consent to that.

And I would want to make sure that the sentence involved the STARKEST of existences, NO ENTERTAINMENT WHATSOEVER, no socializing, no learning, no NOTHIN'. MAKE IT SUCK VERY BADLY FOR THE CONVICT.

And do everything possible to make sure that no convict ever gets an opportunity to harm a prison employee. See, that is one huge objection I have to warehousing useless vermin like murderers forever and ever: every one of them is a living lethal threat to GOOD guys.

I've seen a now-famous photo of a burly prison guard who was slashed five or six times on the back and chest by a convict with some sort of contraband blade. The officer is sitting on a treatment table, presumably VERY doped-up, and he looks like a slab of beef. His cuts are wide open and appear to be about two inches in depth. THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE WON'T EXECUTE DANGEROUS VERMIN. THEY TAKE THAT 1 IN 1000 CHANCE TO HURT THEIR JAILERS. THAT IS A CHANCE THEY WOULD NEVER HAVE IF WE WERE NOT INDULGING THEM TO [I]LIVE[/I].

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The major problem I have with that is this:
The reason we don't execute many murderers...

>1,000 in 31 years? Sorry the numbers aren't high enough for you. DOn' worry tho, they all weren't murderers, we had to pad the numbers with a few innocent people to keep you happy.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The reason we don't execute many murderers is almost exclusively the fact that over the decades, liberals have stood defiantly in the way of letting that be the norm.

Executing people being the norm? Of civilized countries, the norm is to NOT execute people for fear of error, which is irrefutable and unavoidable. Liberals suck, yea, they are the ones that decided we should get away from an oppressive country in England, we should fight for our freedom in the revolutionary war and that we should denounce slavery.... god damned liberals. So now the stinking fucking liberals want to stop executing people so we stop dropping in the occassional innocent person. God Damn those liberals. :o

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>So we ended up with "life in prison"--which hardly ever means ACTUAL life in prison until the death of the prisoner.

It means 25 years, unless there is the statement, w/o parole which is often he case in capital cases, so they do spend their natural lives in there.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Why? Because even when they can prevent execution, which they despise (even when it's a despicable criminal murderer being executed), they are not as good as their word. They don't keep their word, and after a while, "life in prison" means, "Oh, we'll keep him there until he convinces us he can be well-behaved."

Can you cite something? This is rhetoric until you can cite enough cases to make a standard.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.If I knew that "LIFE IN PRISON" would fucking MEAN "LIFE IN PRISON," and the murderer won't be let out until he's been pronounced dead, I might consent to that.

They are let out if they are deemed innocent if given life w/o parole. So it's more important to extinguish them all, guilty and innocent alike, rather than ensure they are actually guilty?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>And I would want to make sure that the sentence involved the STARKEST of existences, NO ENTERTAINMENT WHATSOEVER, no socializing, no learning, no NOTHIN'. MAKE IT SUCK VERY BADLY FOR THE CONVICT.

I don't care either way. That kind of angry, retributionist mentality is what got a lot of these guys in prison. If they have cable, is that so horrible? Do you think they think they ae getting over cause they watch a football game here or there? Being in jail sucks, no number of hookers, weed, radios or TVs can make it cool, so I don't spend time wonderring if they are doing any of that stuff, I have a life.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>And do everything possible to make sure that no convict ever gets an opportunity to harm a prison employee. See, that is one huge objection I have to warehousing useless vermin like murderers forever and ever: every one of them is a living lethal threat to GOOD guys.

Supermax is real hard to do anything and they get like 1 hour a day out of their cage. What if we warehouse innocent vermin?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE WON'T EXECUTE DANGEROUS VERMIN. THEY TAKE THAT 1 IN 1000 CHANCE TO HURT THEIR JAILERS. THAT IS A CHANCE THEY WOULD NEVER HAVE IF WE WERE NOT INDULGING THEM TO LIVE.

That's awesome, I love the entire paragraph in upper case, that way I can virtually see your veins popping out. We have a balance here, the desire, the need to kill versus the need to ensure we EVER kill one innocent person. Civilized countries have decided it is more important to not kill 1 innocent person, whereas we have a negligible number, say 1 innocent person executed per year. Apparently you agree with that number.

On the other hand.. I do believe this guy was guilty of the crime... I would rather him spend 60 years or so contemplating his crimes in Federal Pound Him in the ASS Prison... where he gets more meaningfull punishment on a daily basis.

Wait, you care that the few innocent people that you believe are convicted don't receive the death penalty but you don't care that they are raped on a daily basis?

Wait, you weren't actually expecting a reasoned, rational position from her, with consistency and everything, were you? :D Yeah, right!

You know how many times I've read the opinions of death-penalty opponents, who say it's cruel and inhumane to execute murderers, who then say that we should be happy to give them life in prison because of how cruel and sucky life in prison is, and how torturous to spend decades behind dank walls in a tiny cell? So on one hand, they are all about compassion and being humane, and on the other hand, tell us that we should support life in prison because it's a great way to make life torture for the condemned. This is the "consistency" of the left.

>>>>>>>>>>>You know how many times I've read the opinions of death-penalty opponents, who say it's cruel and inhumane to execute murderers, who then say that we should be happy to give them life in prison because of how cruel and sucky life in prison is, and how torturous to spend decades behind dank walls in a tiny cell? So on one hand, they are all about compassion and being humane, and on the other hand, tell us that we should support life in prison because it's a great way to make life torture for the condemned. This is the "consistency" of the left.

Aside from your invalid generalization of the left, make no misunderstanding, I have no issue with the Bundy's of the world getting fried, I have issue with the obviously innocent people getting framed by the garbage pigs, prosecutors and then executed. The problem is that if we have a system that executes at all, there is no way to avoid eventually killing a person who had zero to do with a murder. The slippery lope, lying pigs, overzealous prosecution, they did it to themselves. In fact, the exclsionary rule, the rule that excludes evidence for illegal searches and the sort, has been upheld to deter police misconduct. OTW, justices are aware that police miscondict is a way of their normal protocol.

> You're willing to place a dollar value on someone's life?

Once they forfeit their lives by taking another's - yes. Whatever's cheaper.

>The legal costs associate with the death penalty and the time it takes
>to get to that event seem to usually cost more than a life sentence.

That's fine. If that's the case, then life in prison works better. The important thing is that they never have a chance to kill another innocent person.

Well, logically, unless the convict is, say, over 50, his life expectancy will still be longer as a lifer than it will with capital punishment. And in prison, there are other people who he might have a chance to murder. And not just a guard - a convicted bugrlar who gets murdered in prison is still an innocent victim of his murder.