DeVoll

Ignorant enviromentalist

If you'd rather continue clinging to incorrect conclusions based on politics instead of factual scientific evidence, feel free. You won't be the only one in SC to do so. If that's what you choose to do, rather than learn why those conclusions are incorrect, you should be careful about calling others ignorant.

Please school me on the facts... you have yet to do so.

The fact is your "1.4ºF in the last century" is a piece of data taken out of context, and does not discredit claims of climatologists as you are saying it does. The wrong time interval is used, and it fails to offer information about the second or third derivative of average temperature with respect to time.

Your argument is like saying that the average speed of a top fuel dragster over the course of a 24 hour period is less than 1 mph, so the dragster can't go very fast.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

If all 300+ million people in the US would actually start giving a shit abpout each other then the country would truly be great.

If you would check your facts you would find out that the US is one of the most giving/donating countrys in the world. If not the most. Try again.

And it's citizens kill each other at a higher rate than any other western industrialized nation.

ATTENTION ALL KALLEND HAS MADE AN IGNORANT COMENT (go figure) That has no a damn thing to do with this coment. I said they are giving/ caring people.

Shooting one another is a characteristic of caring people? Must be a Texas thing.

(Since you bring up the the subject of ignorance, your spelling and punctuation could do with improvement).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Gotta hate when those (supposedly) sly, "America sucks" one-liners fall on their face, eh professor?

Shooting one another is a characteristic of "caring" people? Must be a Texas thing.

As far as "giving", the US is bottom of the league of OECD nations in foreign aid as % of GDP.

What a bunch of bull this last post of yours is. At the bottom in %GDP...that doesn't mean anything. If we give 100mil which is nothing to us and another country gives 50mil which is have thier GDP the 100mil will still do more good.

This makes about as much sense as the stuff at http://www.digitalfuntown.com/ but at least that stuff is funny while this is just sensless.
Is there anything better than hitting a jump in the morning and then unwinding to the hilarious shows Digitalfuntown is nice enough to offer.

What a bunch of bull this last post of yours is. At the bottom in %GDP...that doesn't mean anything. If we give 100mil which is nothing to us and another country gives 50mil which is have thier GDP the 100mil will still do more good.

This makes about as much sense as the stuff at http://www.digitalfuntown.com/ but at least that stuff is funny while this is just sensless.

Nice of you to miss the point entirely.

I wonder why the G8 leaders (including the US president) pledged to give aid in proportion to their GDP?

The foreign aid given by the US amounts to roughly $0.15 per person per day. 21 nations give more on a per-capita basis (source, OECD). THAT, my friend, is the measure of "caring/giving/donating".

Gotta hate when those (supposedly) sly, "America sucks" one-liners fall on their face, eh professor?

Shooting one another is a characteristic of "caring" people? Must be a Texas thing.

As far as "giving", the US is bottom of the league of OECD nations in foreign aid as % of GDP.

And a restatement of the 'america sucks' point - imagine that, coming from you.

I'm pretty sure that the gang/drug criminals that do most of the killings AREN'T going to be dropping those Benjamins into the offering plate on Sunday, professor - did you have an actual POINT?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

THAT, my friend, is the measure of "caring/giving/donating".

Bullshit.

Shall I find the CHARITABLE donation info again that shows you're full of it, or shall we just accept it as a given?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

First i would like for you to tell me how global warming is a major issue when the av. anual temp has only risen 1.4 F in the last century.

DeVoll, had you really read my two posts, you would note that in no way did i mention global warming or climate change. I tend to gravitate toward ALL threads of this nature and ask the same question, whether it be politics, environmentalism,or any such issue. And may i remind you that YOU began the thread. If it is not an issue, why start a new thread about it at all?

My question is a GENERAL one.

And you have of course added more weight to my hypothesis by patently refusing to answer a simple question. Shall I repeat it? For the sake of argument, how about you do, indeed, limit it to this particular issue:

What "facts" (or category of facts, even) could someone with whom you disagree possibly present that would make you re-evaluate (not necessarily CHANGE) your position?

If you are indeed as open-minded as you say, then there MUST be something out there that will cause you to take a good hard look at your position. So please, enlighten us.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to laugh or not ... oh well, I like laughing. :D

PS: If you can kill people that "need killin" can you have sex with people that "need sexin"?

Given the socio-legal status of women in Texas, unfortunately so.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

PS: If you can kill people that "need killin" can you have sex with people that "need sexin"?

Cite.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Cite.

There is none:S

Just a hater of the "evil" man[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I would love to. I've always wanted to experience life in a free country. Unfortunately, I've lived in the US all my life, so I haven't had that opportunity.

Well, take the opportunity.

Doesn't matter much though, self-flagellators don't do much good anywhere they go.

And must not have travelled or lived much of anywhere else if the USA is not seen as a place that is free.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

And must not have travelled or lived much of anywhere else if the USA is not seen as a place that is free.

True, I've not travelled much outside the US. I have, however, known many dozens of Europeans that had immigrated to the US, many of which returned to their home countries after realizing that America was not everything the propaganda claimed. Some of those left specifically due to the lack of freedom in the US compared to their home country.

The environmental movement wants to see an end to the open market

Correct, but not the whole story. The environmental movement has invested in the movement, and want a return. The best way to ensure that the public uses their products is to make sure the government commands it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Correct, but not the whole story. The environmental movement has invested in the movement, and want a return. The best way to ensure that the public uses their products is to make sure the government commands it.

Bullshit.

It has a hell of a lot more to do with wanting a habitable environment for our old age, our children and our grandchildren.

Bullshit.

It has a hell of a lot more to do with wanting a habitable environment for our old age, our children and our grandchildren.

Bullshit, yourself - lawrocket nailed it. The government (ANY government) doesn't do a single damn thing from altruism.

Your platitude *MAY* be what you think is behind the environmental movement, but pure profit drives the businesses - consider Picken's plan or Gore's carbon credit company.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

So basically as a pollute as much as you want anti-environmentalist .... you are good with your children living in a polluted shithole because you live in a polluted shithole.. AND you want everyone else to live in a similar shithole.

I get it now..

Thanks.

The business of it aside.. there are people who do believe that we should leave behind a better planet than what we have right now.

There are obviously others that dont have a problem with pollution.

So basically as a pollute as much as you want anti-environmentalist .... you are good with your children living in a polluted shithole because you live in a polluted shithole.. AND you want everyone else to live in a similar shithole.

I get it now..

Thanks.

The business of it aside.. there are people who do believe that we should leave behind a better planet than what we have right now.

There are obviously others that dont have a problem with pollution.

Once again, Jeanne... show where I said that. Put up or shut up.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706