skycop

Skycop............OUT...

I haven't posted in a long time however..........
as of 31 May I retired as an active LEO, I've had enough.
I've argued or shall we say debated with many of you folks over the last few years and it has been a pleasure.

For me the investment in LE is no longer worth the return, I've got my time in so now I'll live on a fixed income and eat cat-food:D

Good luck and godspeed.
The (former) Copper

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

Time to put down the donut and pick up a joint my man!!!! You must have accumulated a pretty respectable stash by now

That has been suggested by more than one person however, 1) It has never been my thing anyway 2) No, I don't have a stash except maybe some donuts.3) I still have to work at my new job and employers tend to frown on it........:S

I haven't posted in a long time however..........
as of 31 May I retired as an active LEO, I've had enough.
I've argued or shall we say debated with many of you folks over the last few years and it has been a pleasure.

For me the investment in LE is no longer worth the return, I've got my time in so now I'll live on a fixed income and eat cat-food:D

Good luck and godspeed.
The (former) Copper

You weren't indicted were you?;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Heck no,
I just had enough, the messed up hours, the politics, all the negative stuff when it comes to dealing with people in crisis.
Going to work was no longer fun, we are becoming a nanny state and new laws started reflecting that and I wanted no part of it. I had my time in and I punched out with full benefits. It's nice to chill for a bit and do what I want.

Heck no,
I just had enough, the messed up hours, the politics, all the negative stuff when it comes to dealing with people in crisis.
Going to work was no longer fun, we are becoming a nanny state and new laws started reflecting that and I wanted no part of it. I had my time in and I punched out with full benefits. It's nice to chill for a bit and do what I want.

Cool. Enjoy. Sounds like you were one of the GOOD cops. I've had a lot of bad experiences w/ the BAD cops. Last one I had an encounter w/ was way cool. Coulda impounded my truck and took me to jail. He let me slide w/ a hefty ticket. He told me when he let me go, "the next cop isn't gonna be so nice." Thanks officer, whoever you are.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

First of all, thank you for your service as a police officer. Trust me, somewhere along the line, you helped someone. they probably won't remember your name but, they will remember how you helped them. My wife retired from law enforcement as a D.A.' Investigator. Over the years, she was a State Trooper (patrol) and an investigator for our local SO. She complaine of the same things and often, over the years wondered why she was doing what she did. Over the years, people who's names she didn't recall, came-up to her in the grocery store or Wallgreen's and thanked her for helping them and how if, it weren't for her, their lives would not have tiurned-out so good. The hell with the politics! You were responsible for 'people' and their welfare and I'm sure you did a good job. I'll bet someone approaches you in the grocery store and thanks you, one of these days. I wish you all the best and take care. Happy Retirement... now, get your knees in the breeze!:D

Chuck

Thanks man,
Hopefully I made a difference in something I'll never see. That's what made me punch out, the things I did see, not the danger (it was kinda fun), it was the human element. I started dealing with 3rd generation families, not the good ones. The circle of crime/poverty type stuff. I could look at a kid and his situation and say that kid doesn't have a chance. That can wear on you and it did for me.

Now I work for an FBO and move planes around and fuel them. Hopefully a foot in the door for a career in aviation.

Now I work for an FBO and move planes around and fuel them. Hopefully a foot in the door for a career in aviation.

Turn around man! Run for your life! Stay away from this. If you like and unstable field with the threat of being laid off at any moment. Come on in.:S
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Turn around man! Run for your life! Stay away from this. If you like and unstable field with the threat of being laid off at any moment. Come on in.

Yes,
BUT, I have income regardless. The one tradeoff for over 20 years of hanging my ass in the breeze and several trips to the hospital.