ryoder

Common currency of the North American Union

I don't know. Now that our monopoly currency is worth several cents more than your green back, what's in it for us? Throw in a few doctors (hell we'll even accept some of our own Canadian trained docs working south of the border in the deal) and then maybe we'll talk. B|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

"George W. Bush has been bought lock, stock and barrel by the elite and multi-national corporations pushing for a merger with Mexico, but he has utterly no right under the Constitution to push for a merger of the U.S with Mexico or any other country"

A lack of Constitutional authority didn't stop him from going to war with Iraq...

A lack of Constitutional authority didn't stop him from going to war with Iraq...

Yes, I believe he has made his opinion of the Constitution quite clear:

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7779.shtml
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

"George W. Bush has been bought lock, stock and barrel by the elite and multi-national corporations pushing for a merger with Mexico, but he has utterly no right under the Constitution to push for a merger of the U.S with Mexico or any other country"

Um, this is untrue. The POTUS has the authority to push Congress to allow him to do anything he wants. Congress, of course, can say no. The POTUS can sign treaties, etc., with the advice and consent of the Senate. So he can try to work deals all he wants. If the Senate does nto approve, well, then, deal is off.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Oh, yeah; I'll bet the the US will adopt this as readily as the UK adopted the Euro:

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=49877

Reminds me of a quote I heard by Rick Mercer on NPR recently.

"The American dollar has been the worst performing currency in the entire world for the last five years so why not hitch our wagon to it? Cause you know, the only problem with America's 21Trillion dollar unfunded pension liability is we aren't on the hook for it yet. Next up on the list of sound economic advice from TB, we all put our money in a shoebox and set it on fire."

Oh, yeah; I'll bet the the US will adopt this as readily as the UK adopted the Euro:

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=49877

Hoax.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/amero.asp

Uh, two different things. Your cite was regarding a hoax about the US Mint printing Ameros, which hasn't happened yet.

The thread topic is about *plans* for the Amero and a North American Union, which are real.

Democrats don't oppose a NAU because they believe they're entitled to the hispanic vote. Republicans don't oppose it because it will benefit the big corporate elite.

That's why it's happening with no uproar from the Congress or the press.

Sadly, Americans constitute one of the most easily-manipulated populations in the world. When this finally does come into fruition, I think most Americans will actually be convinced that this is a good thing.

---

In reference to the original article posted:

Mexico’s invasion of America can and must be stopped, but in order to do so, every citizen must rise up and demand an end to it.

Since Bush has no interest in protecting our interests, and since all too few legislators have stepped up to condemn a North American Union and shared currency, it’s up to we the people"

:D yah, good luck with that... :|

:(

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

I am not opposed the the United States of North America at all.. AS Long as we can get rid of the r other governments.

Hell if it had not been for Benedict ARnold.. we could have removed ALL of the British influence from North America 200+ years ago and there would never have been a Canada.

And Mexico.... we could have solved that problem in the 1840's War we had with them...That should have been the end of Mexico being a country.

I mean shit.. what ever happened to Manifest Destiny... .. face it the US screwed up a long time ago.

And Mexico.... we could have solved that problem in the 1840's War we had with them...That should have been the end of Mexico being a country.

"I think we should annex Mexico; We've got the people, now it's time we had the real-estate that goes with them." -- Gallagher
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Hell if it had not been for Benedict ARnold.. we could have removed ALL of the British influence from North America 200+ years ago and there would never have been a Canada.

Would you actually suggest that Canada and Mexico be absorbed into the US or are you suggesting that we become terrirories/protectorates like Puerto Rico?

Incedentally what is your beef with Canada and it's British influence to the north of you? We are small and have almost zero influence on your lives?
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I mean shit.. what ever happened to Manifest Destiny... .. face it the US screwed up a long time ago.

Agreed, we have been paying the price for not prvailing in thise two situations since they happened

Its the BLAME Canada thing man;)

Gee thanks:P. I don't know wether or not I would prefer NAMU, Canada becoming actual US states or status quo.

So seriously, what is your take? Do you wish to leave things the way they are, do a north american union, absorb Canada as states...etc?
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Gee thanks:P. I don't know wether or not I would prefer NAMU, Canada becoming actual US states or status quo.

So seriously, what is your take? Do you wish to leave things the way they are, do a north american union, absorb Canada as states...etc?

I just keep hoping Canada will invade the US to restore democracy.[:/]

You can always pull your troops out of Iraq and invade and occupy us up here in Canuckville. Instead of IEDs all you would need to worry about were the occasional IHSs (improvised high sticks), plus consuming mass quantities of beer and the desire to do it doggy style while HNIC is on. :o

I just keep hoping Canada will invade the US to restore democracy.[:/]

Be afraid...be very afraid. Canada is a highly militant country with a vicious military. We will send the might of our forces (about 9 battalions I think, unless you include our reserves) over your border. Our 20 some-odd CF18's could fly for at least an hour worth of combat with your forces before requiring 72 hours of maintenance. And do not forget our Navy; much like yourselves we have a two ocean navy with half our fleet on the Atlantic and the other boat on the Pacific. Oh yeah....you guys are in deeeeep shit! We will assimilate you, force you into a diet of maple syrup and Canadian bacon. Think of how many of us already live amongst you. Celine Dion isn't merely retiring in discrace in Las Vegas.....She is performing reconnaisance!!

Half of Hollywood is Canadian (why do you think Hollywood is so liberal), and let's not forget our doctors and nurses. We've sent 90% of our doctors and nurses to the US. It's all part of the master plan. Blame Canada for all the world problems. :ph34r:

Half of Hollywood is Canadian (why do you think Hollywood is so liberal), and let's not forget our doctors and nurses. We've sent 90% of our doctors and nurses to the US. It's all part of the master plan. Blame Canada for all the world problems. :ph34r:

We are the infestation all nations fear. Once a few of us get in we breed like cockroaches and spread our ideology like a lingering stench from coast to coast while corrupting their childrens minds with our propaganda. We first had to take holywood, next the media....we are taking them from within!