rushmc

Ron Paul

I am watching (parts) of the debate. I have heard many comments by Ron Paul. I agree greatly with his "rights " statements. But, I just heard him reply to the Iran situation and I have to say, I am DAM GLAD he has no chance to win the R nomination. He sounds more like a liberal when it comes to protecting our country for the likes of Iran. Too bad[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Missed it...elaborate por favor.

- C.

In a nut shell, he would "talk" with (what ever the hell his name is) who is running Iran. We can not attack him
Abraham Lincoln

Missed it...elaborate por favor.

- C.

Don't get me wrong. I very much like a high % of what he says. I just don't think he has the guts to protect the US from nuts like that man.
Abraham Lincoln

Well, I don't fault him with holding out the olive branch at first, simply to appear civilized on the public arena.

But when Ahmedinejad slapped the branch out of his hand - stab him in the fucking eye.

I agree with you that there needs to exist some projection of power to keep the dogs from your door. Too much isolationism just staves it off for some time.

Thanks for the P-b-P
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

The spin going on is interesting. None of the people that FOX has on like Romney at all. In fact they are giveing McCain the win. I don't like McCain that well as I do not see him as a conservative but, that said, I am no Romney fan either. Fun to watch
Abraham Lincoln

Sounds like Thompson's advisers got this one right.

Ya,......maybe. :| Now I am watching Guliani. He is talking to Hannity. Hannity likes him, that is discusting considering some of Hannitys positions. But that could just be me.
Abraham Lincoln

Now Colmbs is trying to make the case that the Brady bill lowered crime. That idiot is on drugs me thinks:S

Abraham Lincoln

I believe Dr. Paul said he would go to Congress, and have Congress decide whether to declare war. Isn't that how it is supposed to happen according to the Constitution?

Yup, that's how it's supposed to happen, and how it did happen.

War sucks. Does bullying ever make peace?

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>>and have Congress decide whether to declare war. Isn't that how
>>it is supposed to happen according to the Constitution?

>Yup, that's how it's supposed to happen, and how it did happen.

Please post the congressional declaration of war, then! That will resolve a lot of issues surrounding the legality of war.

>>and have Congress decide whether to declare war. Isn't that how
>>it is supposed to happen according to the Constitution?

>Yup, that's how it's supposed to happen, and how it did happen.

Please post the congressional declaration of war, then! That will resolve a lot of issues surrounding the legality of war.

Congress authorized the use of force, as you well know... or are you admitting that Korea, Vietnam, Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo, etc were all 'illegal wars'?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Congress authorized the use of force . . .

"Congress decides whether to declare war." "That's how it did happen" you said. So where's the declaration of war? Not the "authorization for use of force" - the president already has that. Where's the declaration itself?

Or were you exaggerating a little bit?

BTW this is an example of a declaration of war -
-----------------
Resolved, that the state of war between the United States and the Imperial Government of Japan which has thus been thrust upon the United States is hereby formally declared; and that the President be, and he is hereby, authorized and directed to employ the entire naval and military forces of the United States and the resources of the Government to carry on war against the Imperial Government of Japan; and, to bring the conflict to a successful termination, all of the resources of the country are hereby pledged by the Congress of the United States."
--------------

Korea, Vietnam

These two were declared as Police Actions as were the rest you mention I believe. I would think that Iraq is also officially a police action.

Ron Paul, Oct. 03, 2002
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul57.html

VOTE RON PAUL!
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Good. Iran has as much right to nuclear energy as anyone else out there, and it's not our fucking job to play cop in the middle east. The US is circling hte drain right now, and the number one priority of the United States government should be to fix the United States, not pretend that we're the best at everything in the world and people should do things our way or be bombed.
cavete terrae.

>Congress authorized the use of force . . .

"Congress decides whether to declare war." "That's how it did happen" you said. So where's the declaration of war? Not the "authorization for use of force" - the president already has that. Where's the declaration itself?

Or were you exaggerating a little bit?

BTW this is an example of a declaration of war -
-----------------
Resolved, that the state of war between the United States and the Imperial Government of Japan which has thus been thrust upon the United States is hereby formally declared; and that the President be, and he is hereby, authorized and directed to employ the entire naval and military forces of the United States and the resources of the Government to carry on war against the Imperial Government of Japan; and, to bring the conflict to a successful termination, all of the resources of the country are hereby pledged by the Congress of the United States."
--------------

Or until Billvon would like this conflict to stop with aid of a magic wand. No need to us lethal force to bring it to sucessfull termination, becuase we really are bad, bad people.:P
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

>I just don't think he has the guts to protect the US from nuts like that man.

Protecting the US means protecting the US, not attacking other countries because we are afraid of them.

Ya, I know, you would let someone kill some of ours first just to make sure you have the high ground. Thanks for not running for President
Abraham Lincoln

I am watching (parts) of the debate. I have heard many comments by Ron Paul. I agree greatly with his "rights " statements. But, I just heard him reply to the Iran situation and I have to say, I am DAM GLAD he has no chance to win the R nomination. He sounds more like a liberal when it comes to protecting our country for the likes of Iran. Too bad[:/]

You simply dislike him for articulating very clearly the overwhelmingly strong case against Bush's Iraq misadventure.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Good. Iran has as much right to nuclear energy as anyone else out there, and it's not our fucking job to play cop in the middle east. The US is circling hte drain right now, and the number one priority of the United States government should be to fix the United States, not pretend that we're the best at everything in the world and people should do things our way or be bombed.

I got no problem with a country having nuk power. I do have a problem with a State that sponsors terorism having a nuk weapon. Odds are they would not use it. Instead they would give one to a terror group and then walk around whistleing with thier hands behind their backs looking all inocent. That is unaceptable
Abraham Lincoln

You simply dislike him for articulating very clearly the overwhelmingly strong case against Bush's Iraq misadventure.

Ssssssttttttrrrrriiiiiikkkkkeeee ONE
Abraham Lincoln

I got no problem with a country having nuk power. I do have a problem with a State that sponsors terorism having a nuk weapon.

So US sponsorship of the Contras and the Mujahideen, and turning a blind eye to the IRA collecting guns and dollars in the US, should disqualify the US from having nukes? OK.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ah, the last I knew the US does not give nukes to terrorists. But that is just me:S

I know you hate the US but not even you think it is that bad do you?

I got no problem with a country having nuk power. I do have a problem with a State that sponsors terorism having a nuk weapon.

So US sponsorship of the Contras and the Mujahideen, and turning a blind eye to the IRA collecting guns and dollars in the US, should disqualify the US from having nukes? OK.

Abraham Lincoln