rushmc

Ron Paul

I am watching (parts) of the debate. I have heard many comments by Ron Paul. I agree greatly with his "rights " statements. But, I just heard him reply to the Iran situation and I have to say, I am DAM GLAD he has no chance to win the R nomination. He sounds more like a liberal when it comes to protecting our country for the likes of Iran. Too bad[:/]

So you'll vote for a candidate that is on a launching pad to instigate more wars.

Nice criteria you have there.

While you're at it, why don't you gear up and go to Iraq if you love war so much? The army needs guys like you -- they've been having recruiting problems in recent years.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

I am watching (parts) of the debate. I have heard many comments by Ron Paul. I agree greatly with his "rights " statements. But, I just heard him reply to the Iran situation and I have to say, I am DAM GLAD he has no chance to win the R nomination. He sounds more like a liberal when it comes to protecting our country for the likes of Iran. Too bad[:/]

So you'll vote for a candidate that is on a launching pad to instigate more wars.

While you're at it, why don't you gear up and go to Iraq if you love war so much? The army needs guys like you -- they've been having recruiting problems in recent years.

First, I would say that I will vote for a non-apeasment canidate that I think will stand up for the US and keep is safe BEFORE some ass holes come try and kill some of us.

Second, the re-enlistment numbers are at extreem all time highs. Statements give by many say the job in Iraq needs to be finished because we are doing the right thing over there and, you BS get your ass over there argument is boring[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

That sort of sense of duty eludes chickenhawks. They feel they are more patriotic by sending others to die while they wave the flag, put magnetic ribbons on their cars and call those who wish for peace unamerican. Most have never even considered joining the service. They are truely the unamericans.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

you BS get your ass over there argument is boring

I would think that many would wonder why those who are so in favor of war never sign up for such but yell for more war and to send more troops. What is your lame excuse?
Neil Young

I would think that many would wonder why those who are so in favor of war never sign up for such but yell for more war and to send more troops. What is your lame excuse?

Abraham Lincoln

Typical response from your typical warmonger.
So answer the question. Why don't you join and go to Iraq?
Neil Young

Typical response from your typical warmonger.
So answer the question. Why don't you join and go to Iraq?

< yawn>

You don't know me regardless of responses like this. I hope making statments like this makes you feel better about things cause it sure has no meaning
Abraham Lincoln

Wouldn't it be wonderful if ALL countries would adopt the Pre-Emptive War approach to foreign policy???

Do you have any idea how a statment like this destryoys all credibility??:S
Abraham Lincoln

Your profile says nothing

Then you are not looking close enough

Okay, I see something there. It says "Occupation: still looking."

So there you go -- join the army, go to Iraq and you'll be gainfully employed with an "occupation."

Do you have any idea how a statment like this destryoys all credibility??

Your closing your ears to real points and questions destroys *your* credibility, not to mention your obstinate refusal to use the spell checker.

It's a wonder that anyone takes your posts seriously here anymore. I think people play you for the entertainment value you provide.

Too old, that is it and no, I feel I have made a big mistake by not serving I wish I had

I wish you had too. Maybe then you would realize what an awful thing war is, and that that it should be an absolute last resort when all other options fail, rather than foaming at the mouth to launch more attacks on anyone your chimp-in-chief pegs as "terrorist."

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Years in Sport-30, is this what I should be seeing-that you are to old to join?
May I ask "Have you ever done millitary service?"

Too old, that is it and no, I feel I have made a big mistake by not serving[:/] I wish I had
Abraham Lincoln

Years in Sport-30, is this what I should be seeing-that you are to old to join?
May I ask "Have you ever done millitary service?"

Too old, that is it and no, I feel I have made a big mistake by not serving[:/] I wish I had

If not for HIV, I might had re-upped. Sometimes I wish I had stayed in. I'd been retired in 2000 after 20 with a fat pension.
Neil Young

Then go get some excitement.. go "Be all that you can be"

http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/read.php?story_id_key=9535

In March 2005 the Army raised the enlistment age to 40 and has since raised it again to 42.

Hell they even age waivered some guys here in the Washington National Guard in their 50's

Missed it...elaborate por favor.

- C.

In a nut shell, he would "talk" with (what ever the hell his name is) who is running Iran. We can not attack him

Preventive Diplomacy is an important facet of military doctrine. Army FM 3-07 is the manual for "Stability and Support Operations (SASO)." These used to be called "Operations Other Than War" but not even the military could justify this term after Somalia.

Preventive Diplomacy is an important facet of this. And it is ALWAYS diplomacy that puts a respectable END to a conflict.

Why not skip the war and negotiate?

One thing I really HATE is the, "We will not negotiate with X." Yeah? Why not? WHat do you have to lose? You'll negotiate, anyway.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>Or until Billvon would like this conflict to stop with aid of a magic wand.
>No need to us lethal force to bring it to sucessfull termination, becuase we
>really are bad, bad people.

And once again, unable to discuss the issue, a war advocate makes it personal.

>Ya, I know, you would let someone kill some of ours first just to
>make sure you have the high ground.

And would you kill tens of thousands of innocent civilians because you are afraid of a chimera? And celebrate the deaths of 4000 US soldiers?

Let's hope our next president does not think thousands of dead US soldiers, tens of thousands of dead civilians, a worldwide increase in terrorism and an endless war equates to "victory." A few more such "victories" and we are undone.

>Ya, I know, you would let someone kill some of ours first just to
>make sure you have the high ground.

And you would kill tens of thousands of innocent civilians because you are afraid of a chimera, apparently. tens of thousands, yep there is this number again:S And then you'd watch 4000 US soldiers die and consider that a good thing.Never said that never will but I think I see reality better than you here

Let's hope our next president does not think thousands of dead US soldiers, tens of thousands of dead civilians, a worldwide increase in terrorism and an endless war equates to "victory." A few more such "victories" and we are undone.

Stay blind if you wish. Hopfully the american people will keep electing Presidents to take care of you despite yourself
Abraham Lincoln

> Hopfully the american people will keep electing Presidents to take
>care of you despite yourself

Oh, I think they've seen pretty clearly where someone like Bush has taken them. Heck, he brought us 9/11 AND the war in Iraq! Want another 9/11 and another unwinnable war? Elect someone else like him.

Hopfully the american people will keep electing Presidents to take care of you despite yourself

I don't want anybody taking care of me but me. Remember the Ponytail Guy in the 1992 Bush-Clinton-Perot debate? He asked, "How can we, as symbolically the children of the future president, expect the two of you—the three of you—to meet our needs?"

See, had I been asked that question, I would have replied, "Don't expect that. Here's something your parents should have told you - YOU ARE NOT MY CHILD, NOR THE COUNTRY'S CHILD. IN FACT, YOU ARE NOT A CHILD AT ALL. YOU ARE AN ADULT NOW! YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF.

"It's time to put away the sippy cup, get off of your symoblic mother's teat, and be a man."

I will NOT leave it up to a POTUS to "take care of me." Give me liberty or give me death.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

That sort of sense of duty eludes chickenhawks. They feel they are more patriotic by sending others to die while they wave the flag, put magnetic ribbons on their cars and call those who wish for peace unamerican. Most have never even considered joining the service. They are truely the unamericans.

Then (using the chickenhawk logic) YOU cannot comment on the war because YOU have not gone over there. YOU cannot comment on education threads because YOU aren't a teacher. Et cetera, ad nauseam...

(edit to add) You DO realize that there's more Republicans vets in Congress than Democrat vets, right? So, who's the chickenhawks, again?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706