rushmc

Ron Paul

Saddam was working with Bin laden? Never happened. Saddam hated Bin laden and vise-versa.

Translated documents show that Bin Laden met with Iraqi government officials.

Don Rumsfeld met with Saddam Hussein, IRA leaders visited the White House, Reagan armed Nicaraguan terrorists... your point is???

The point is that he was full of shit with his statement... your point is???

When Rumsfeld met Saddam, was he "working with him"? You infer something that wasn't there.

Perhaps you should re-read the quote... or maybe some of the few remaining links to translated Iraqi documents that talk about the meetings.

Apparently you have never previously read diplomat-ese. You are grasping at straws.

In your opinion, perhaps. Your 'views' come from that same diplomat-ese, however.

I think I'll hold credence with the iraqi docs... since there's no need for anyone to cover their ass in those.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I think I'll hold credence with the iraqi docs... since there's no need for anyone to cover their ass in those.

Why, then, do our own intelligence findings make no mention of Iraqi support for AQ. Do you have info that they missed? Better send it off to Langley PDQ.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Why, then, do our own intelligence findings make no mention of Iraqi support for AQ. Do you have info that they missed? Better send it off to Langley PDQ.

I'm reasonably sure they ALREADY have it, since the info came from translated Iraqi documents in the possession of the US (bolded since you seem to keep missing it).
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm reasonably sure they ALREADY have it, since the info came from translated Iraqi documents in the possession of the US (bolded since you seem to keep missing it).

And they interpret the meaning more appropriately than you do. SH and OBL hated each other. It was just diplomat speak for "they had a meeting where they didn't piss on each others' feet".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And they interpret the meaning more appropriately than you do. SH and OBL hated each other. It was just diplomat speak for "they had a meeting where they didn't piss on each others' feet".

YOUR interpretation, obviously...since the documents say different.

I'm done here - I would say "find the information yourself" but you're not going to, anyway.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

you BS get your ass over there argument is boring

I would think that many would wonder why those who are so in favor of war never sign up for such but yell for more war and to send more troops. What is your lame excuse?

Nah, too busy between deployments, but thanks for the thoughts.:P
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

SO I have decided.

I am changing my party affiliation to Repub so I can vote in the Primary for Ron Paul. He is the best candidate out of any other on both sides. Obama lost out to him from everything I have read on both to date so far.

For those that missed the Fox debates with the 3 questions he was allowed to answer while openly mocked by Rudy, you can find them here. As a reminder all the other candidates were allowed 9 questions over the 90 minute event:
http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/124528/Ron_Paul_at_the_Fox_Debates.html

Ron Paul is too dangerous to the GOP establishment for them ever to let him win.

All I can do is my part. Vote and spread the word of positive change. The man is brilliant and exactly what this country needs.

If it turns out that our leaders are so corrupt that they will falsify another election, how far could revolution be behind?

Well, I don't fault him with holding out the olive branch at first, simply to appear civilized on the public arena.

But when Ahmedinejad slapped the branch out of his hand - stab him in the fucking eye.

I agree with you that there needs to exist some projection of power to keep the dogs from your door. Too much isolationism just staves it off for some time.

Thanks for the P-b-P

It's interesting that you bring that up. The Great Seal of the United States depicts our Eagle holding an Olive Branch in the interests of peace, along with arrows that we are prepared for war.

In fact, during the aftermath of that huge earthquake that killed thousands of people in Iran a couple years ago, when the US aid was being accepted in the relief effort, the US, via back channels attempted to open communication between the two countries. The offer was rebuffed.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

You don't even know Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's name but you'd rather shoot him than talk to him? :S

I know the name I just cant spell it but shooting him would not hurt my feelings. But I think someone in his own country will be taking care of that for us
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

If it turns out that our leaders are so corrupt that they will falsify another election, how far could revolution be behind?

VERY far behind.

quote from Eisenhower:

Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.

The American population doesn't much care for reading, critical thinking, or even a healthy questioning of authority anymore.

The American Public has been reduced to cattle that is herded by everything it hears on the television. Because if you hear it enough times on the television, it must be true!!

We are *not* an alert and knowledgeable citizenry.

Thus, the "Patriot" Act. "Security" at the expense of liberty. And I think it's only the beginning.

Bedtime for democracy, my friend.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.