dorbie

Gore's glass house loses another window

Smash, tinkle....

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22090734-5001031,00.html

Perhaps he can purchase some fish offsets.

That is a HUGE pile of dog shit. Chilean sea bass is not endangered, and is perfectly legal and available in the USA.

And WTF anyway? Most conservatives would gorge themselves on California Condor, if they could manage to shoot one.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Would this be an example of hypocrisy?

Probably more likely an example of someone in his family saying "yes" to the caterer when they suggested Chilean Sea Bass, or Toothfish, or Merluza Negra, or Mero. I'm sure that Northern Spotted Owl was next on Al's personal menu. It goes well with a nice Pinot.

No. This would be an example of a far left wing over reaction and the parroting of such by ditto heads that don't know any better in an attempt to say "gottcha!" which then turns it into far right wing media attack.

For information on the legality and "endangered" status of "Chilean Sea Bass" see; http://www.state.gov/g/oes/rls/fs/2002/8989.htm.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

No. This would be an example of a far left wing over reaction and the parroting of such by ditto heads that don't know any better in an attempt to say "gottcha!" which then turns it into far right wing media attack.

For information on the legality and "endangered" status of "Chilean Sea Bass" see; http://www.state.gov/g/oes/rls/fs/2002/8989.htm.

Ha ha - looks like another "Where's my jet" thread.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Meh, forgive them for they know not what they do nor are they in control of their own actions. Whatever they read on Drudge or hear from Rush must be true and they must repeat it.
quade -

It was a question. Sorry you all seem so upset by it.:|

Tissue?

From the article: "It has been estimated that more than 50 per cent of toothfish traded is illegally caught..."

So... 50% of them are legally caught... and thus presumably legally bought and eaten by folk like Gore; or you and me for that matter.

Methinks someone's jumped the gun somewhat in branding Gore on this one unless they can demonstrate his daughters nuptial fare was poached.

Besides... he's campaigning about global warming, not diminishing fish stocks. These fish are supposedly endangered because of over-fishing, not because of climate change. They're two entirely un-related issues, albeit both of a green hue.

Now if someone were to bitch about the "carbon footprint" of these Southern Ocean fish which were presumably flown all the way from the Southern Hemisphere up to his daughters wedding - now THEN they'd have a point.

WTF eating vultures?

NO fucking way dude.

I don't eat opossum either

What... your state not RED enough for that??

http://www.defuniakspringsfl.com/festivals.htm

August - Possum Festival
The 38th annual Possum Festival will be held in Wausau, FL, in August. The annual Possum Festival and Fun Day is a Washington County institution. There will be Possum King and Queen contests, musical entertainment at the Possum Palace all morning, and a parade at 10:00 a.m. on Main Street. A flag-raising ceremony will be held at noon, and the world-famous possum auction will follow. The Wausau Volunteer Fire Department will sell barbecue pork plates and sandwiches, and other goodies will be available as well. Come experience the possum auctions; possum stew and ice cream; arts and crafts booths; performances by local bluegrass, gospel, and country bands; and a dance to round out the evening. Everyone is invited to attend this fun-filled family event! For more information, call 850-638-2976.

Wausau FL is pretty RED country..

http://www.princeton.edu/~rvdb/JAVA/election2004/PurpleAmericaPosterAll50_small.gif

I'm definitely a hypocrite then! I not only eat sea bass, but tuna - and occasionally chicken! I'm sure some chickens are grown and slaughtered illegally.

Of course, come to think of it, I'm a hypocrite in many areas. I skydive - but I also am pretty big on safety. A deathwish skydiver, who claims to be "safe!" What a hypocrite! Who'd take ME seriously?

When I jump, I jump a heavily loaded elliptical canopy, one that lands going pretty fast even when landed straight in. Yet I bitch when someone else does a 270 through traffic! What a hypocrite! Smash, tinkle.

I've also worked on trucking safety systems, like panic-button systems that call dispatchers when the driver has a heart attack or the truck is hijacked, and warning systems that will warn truckers that they're approaching a low overhang or a bridge that cannot handle the weight of the truck. But in the past I've designed cellphones, which as everyone knows CAUSE accidents! What a hypocrite!

Heck, I even push conservation. At Otay, for example, I've made hundreds of jumps, using hundreds of gallons of fuel. Yet I push fuel conservation, and installed a solar power system that's saved a few thousand gallons of propane so far. What a hypocrite!

--bill von
hypocrite extraordinaire

It was a question. Sorry you all seem so upset by it.:|

Tissue?

:D:D:D I expect the OP will soon be claiming it was all a joke.:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Not a joke at all. I have written nothing in this thread I wish to retract.

This species is overfished, with massive underreporting making stock management impossible. Eating a fish whether legally caught or not contributes to the problem here.

Some of the responses highlight the double standard. Eating a legally caught fish does not lessen the impact on the stock.

Expect to hear about fish offsets any day now.

Smash, tinkle....

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22090734-5001031,00.html

Perhaps he can purchase some fish offsets.

That is a HUGE pile of dog shit. Chilean sea bass is not endangered, and is perfectly legal and available in the USA.

And WTF anyway? Most conservatives would gorge themselves on California Condor, if they could manage to shoot one.
yuk:|
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Meh, forgive them for they know not what they do nor are they in control of their own actions. Whatever they read on Drudge or hear from Rush must be true and they must repeat it.

Rush just spoke to the story. he did not create it.

Nice try
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Rush just spoke to the story. he did not create it.

Nice try

Reading and comprehension; you might wanna look into it.
quade -