Skyrad

pro life? - Pro choice?

Hopefully you are aware that birth control methods are not always 100% reliable and they do sometimes fail and that the woman can still become pregnant even after exercising caution.

Yes, I am. If you want the reward be prepared for the risks.

I agree, both parties made their decision when they stuck their genitals together.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

My position:

1) Abortion is morally wrong. I would not support it for any reason other than to protect another child's life or the mother's life.

2) It's not a decision I can make for everyone else out there; each family has to make their own decision on the issue

3) After conception it's a clump of cells, and just before birth it's a human being. That line is crossed somewhere between 12 and 20 weeks. Before 12 weeks, there's no organized brain activity; after 20 weeks, the fetus is almost viable outside the womb.

My position:

1) Abortion is morally wrong. I would not support it for any reason other than to protect another child's life or the mother's life.

2) It's not a decision I can make for everyone else out there; each family has to make their own decision on the issue

3) After conception it's a clump of cells, and just before birth it's a human being. That line is crossed somewhere between 12 and 20 weeks. Before 12 weeks, there's no organized brain activity; after 20 weeks, the fetus is almost viable outside the womb.

That's where I stand, even though it is full of bad logic and conflicts in terms of morality and right and wrong, it's the best compromise I can rationalize.

Although sometimes, I do consider abortion thru the 249th month to be very appropriate in specific cases.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I agree, both parties made their decision when they stuck their genitals together.

You're so suave. :D

thanks, I get that alot:P
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Being what I'll call passive–aggressively misanthropic regarding issues such as this, I don't see much of a point in fighting to keep a potential child's development going only that they may then be born to a mother who'd just as soon have aborted them. In other words, if the mother doesn't want the child then I, as an un-elected and not necessarily representative spokesperson for all of society, don't want the child.

...rather dark, I understand that...

I do, however, find myself in a dilemma as my feelings about protecting the unborn from the mother's intentions conflict with my feelings about how to handle charges against someone where a pregnant woman is attacked / run over by a drunk driver / etc. and the fetus is killed.

and with abortion on the rise i wondered where you all stand on this issue.

Not my baby, not my life, not my place to choose for others. There isn't a good set standard of rules that work for this. Who's science do you believe? Who's religion do you believe? Who are you to force your interpretation of the truth onto anyone else. Got an issue with kids having babys? Then make sure you educate your own on how to avoid such a scenario. Let the rest sort out their own personal issues and never give the government that much control of your life/body.

Whether or not someone else has an abortion is absolutely none of my business, so I feel I'm not qualified to have an opinion.

Personally, I would not have an abortion unless my life was in danger. That's my choice. I'm not going to tell anybody else what to do.

I feel the same way, to a certain extent. But then I think, if a woman wants to kill her one-week old baby, is that any of my business?

I personally don't think that birth is the defining point of when the fetus becomes a person, but I'm really not sure where the line should be drawn.

Definitely not a black and white issue. I guess I sit somewhere in the middle between pro-life and pro-choice.

I support abortion in cases where the woman was raped, or when her life is threatened (she won't survive the pregnancy to term), she should have the choice in those cases.

Aborting a baby because you were stupid enough to be careless or can't keep your legs shut, NO. Carry the baby and learn your lesson! :|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

...not my place to choose for others. There isn't a good set standard of rules that work for this. Who's science do you believe? Who's religion do you believe? Who are you to force your interpretation of the truth onto anyone else.

Do you conclude that there should be no laws on such morality issues?

Do you think abortion the only such morality issue that should be outside the jurisdiction of the legal system?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I personally don't think that birth is the defining point of when the fetus becomes a person, but I'm really not sure where the line should be drawn...I guess I sit somewhere in the middle between pro-life and pro-choice.

I agree that the pro-life and choice sides seem to have defined themselves as at the extreme end - life is worth protecting at conception, life is worth protecting at birth.

Is there a commonly used term to define those that think it should be allowed only up to a certain point in the development?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

...not my place to choose for others. There isn't a good set standard of rules that work for this. Who's science do you believe? Who's religion do you believe? Who are you to force your interpretation of the truth onto anyone else.

Do you think abortion the only such morality issue that should be outside the jurisdiction of the legal system?

This is the reply I was expecting...it almost feels like the next question is: Do you feel that murder should be allowed? I've seen the Pro Life media enough to know that is where that line of questions leads to.

Don't assume my stance on anything else. Too many times people try to confuse one issue by trying to draw comparisons to another one. I was asked about abortion and nothing else. I've given my answer on abortion and I won't give it on anything else.

There are a lot of 'what ifs' and 'but what about...' questions you could toss out there....so where do you stop throwing out those questions and just accept a persons opinion on this topic?

I don't know where to draw the line on when a fetus becomes human or has a soul. I don't care about the religious beliefs behind it and I've never once done the medical studies myself. I also can't get pregnant and I go out of my way to make sure that I won't father a child. Therefore this topic really doesn't get much effort beyond that for me. I know what I would do if a child was to come along, but that doesn't impact my posted opinion.

What laws aren't based on morality issues?

some laws are based on morality issues, just on the wrong side of morality

does that count?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Got an issue with kids having babys? Then make sure you educate your own on how to avoid such a scenario. Let the rest sort out their own personal issues and never give the government that much control of your life/body.

The sad part is that most of the supposed pro-lifers out there want to keep em stupid no form of birth control.. no form of sex edu... the only option is abstinence...TOTALLY ludicrous....it has not worked for how many millenia now????

And when the mother DOES give birth... are they willing to support her in any way..or do we hear the tired old mantra of personal responsibility..let them pull themselves up by their bootstraps...NO SOCIAL PROGRAMS NONE???

Got an issue with kids having babys? Then make sure you educate your own on how to avoid such a scenario. Let the rest sort out their own personal issues and never give the government that much control of your life/body.

The sad part is that most of the supposed pro-lifers out there want to keep em stupid no form of birth control.. no form of sex edu... the only option is abstinence...TOTALLY ludicrous....yes, this post really is
it has not worked for how many millenia now????

And when the mother DOES give birth... are they willing to support her in any way..or do we hear the tired old mantra of personal responsibility..let them pull themselves up by their bootstraps...NO SOCIAL PROGRAMS NONE???

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I really try to stay out of things here (SC) but this is a hot issue for me.

If men could get pregnant we would not be having this yea/nay discussion.

Jerry

PS) It all starts with the loss of one small liberty, and then . . . . .

I don't see how you can make that conclusion. Since women are also quite divided on the issue, I don't see why men would be unanimously one way or the other.

Check your mirror again

Got any figures on how well all that abstinence has worked out for people???

Perhaps you can find a snippit of information from Lush Rimjob to tell you what to post about this topic....its got to be there on his website somewhere.

Check your mirror again

Got any figures on how well all that abstinence has worked out for people???

reply]

I will break my own rule here and repeat what others have said. (with my own spin) abortion is the tool of NOT being responsible for your actions.

Now, go do your name calling and insults to someone else oh victim of being banned:S

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

My position:

That's my outlook as well.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Do you think it should be legal to kill a human being as long as it hasn't been born yet? Or do you think abortion should be illegal after 20 weeks, except in cases where the mother's life is in danger?