billvon

General heathens

Remember the "Seven Deadly Sins" (one of which is gluttony) are a later construct and not actually found in the Bible.

I do find it interesting that he includes several others things that are also later constructs. Oh well, we're ALL goin' to hell in a handbasket anyway. Might as well enjoy it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

> Remember the "Seven Deadly Sins" (one of which is gluttony) are a
>later construct and not actually found in the Bible.

Right, but gluttony in general is.

Proverbs 23:20-21
Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags.

Proverbs 28:7
He who keeps the law is a discerning son, but a companion of gluttons disgraces his father.

My experience shows "most" self proclaimed prophets preach against their own personal sins, or at least it becomes their pet sermon. Then there are those like Hagee who will preach against the morality of the USA all the while he is a divorced fat man. "Physician, heal thyself!" :S

steveOrino

> My experience shows "most" self proclaimed prophets preach against their own personal sins . . .

Makes sense in a way. An alcoholic is going to consider alcohol a much bigger threat than, say, adultery, because to him it IS a bigger threat. The opposite would be true of a philanderer who can't drink due to inability to metabolize alcohol.

Remember the "Seven Deadly Sins" (one of which is gluttony) are a later construct and not actually found in the Bible.

I do find it interesting that he includes several others things that are also later constructs....

His signboard would suggest that the guy's quite bright enough to think it all through that way.

His body habitus confirms that he's a general glutton.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

My experience shows "most" self proclaimed prophets preach against their own personal sins, or at least it becomes their pet sermon. Then there are those like Hagee who will preach against the morality of the USA all the while he is a divorced fat man. "Physician, heal thyself!" :S

As a rule of thumb I have found that most people who have been brought up religious their whole life pretty much keep it to themselves and only bring it up when it is relevant to the matter at hand. It's the ones that have lived bad lives and "find god" that never seem to stop preaching.

Incedentally why do drunkards go to hell? Is what we do really that deserving of punishment? Where is the harm/sin?
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Saw this guy at Earth Day yesterday. I loved the "general heathens" line just in case he missed someone to condemn. I also noticed that he (wisely) did not add "glutton" to the list of people going to hell.

Guess I'm going to hell. LOL
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

You should have run up completely astonished at the news he presented and asked how a drunkard such as yourself can avoid this place called hell... and what is hell... and just rolled along with the fake concerned interest and worry... then put forth that your also homeless.

In my experience, fat fuck heads like that are well prepared to walk around like fucking idiots with a sign condemning others but rarely have enough Jesus juice or general humanitarian qualities to feed, cloth and shelter you ever for one night in order to get you on the path to Jesus

I don't think it's "general heathen" I think it's "general" in the first column and "heathen" in the second column. That's the way the rest of the sign goes....

He doesn't like High ranking military types either

Either that, or he's very specific about 6 different sinners, each described using an adjective-noun combo and extra s's

the "sodomite witches" especially being a bit uptight

How about those fat hands, why are the wierdos always fattys?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Either that, or he's very specific about 6 different sinners, each described using an adjective-noun combo and extra s's

I think the fornicator atheists are the ones he needs to worry the most about. Ya know, if atheism turns out to be some sort of genetic disorder, then it's scary to think what will happen if the atheists keep fornicating and reproducing...

Or perhaps he just doesn't like General Heathen. Like General Failure (the guy who is sometimes seen reading your hard drive) General Incompetence (often blamed for big screwups) and General Electric (who has a habit of overcharging people for such things as washing machines) such people cause nothing but despair.

Saw this guy at Earth Day yesterday. I loved the "general heathens" line just in case he missed someone to condemn. I also noticed that he (wisely) did not add "glutton" to the list of people going to hell.

Well, if gluttony were a route to Hell, I think most of the residents of Tennessee would end up there. with Florida not far behind.

Where's "sloth"?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

In Washington DC there is a nightclub called Hell.

Maybe this guy was just advertising for them. Sounds like it'll be a pretty wild time there.

You don't see the back of the sign in the pic. The front says "HELL AWAITS YOU" and the back might say "FRIDAY NIGHT ONLY: DRINKS 50% OFF!"
;)

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

"FRIDAY NIGHT ONLY: DRINKS 50% OFF!"
;)

Right, like I'd pay full price for a half a glass.:S

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Or perhaps he just doesn't like General Heathen. Like General Failure (the guy who is sometimes seen reading your hard drive) General Incompetence (often blamed for big screwups) and General Electric (who has a habit of overcharging people for such things as washing machines) such people cause nothing but despair.

He has no issue with Captain Morgan or Admiral Nelson.