billvon

The end of the world

I already built a time machine and did that.

Just try and prove that I didn't:o

Fuck!

He was right and the world came to an end and NOW we can't prove it?

(well that blows.)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

the actual world won't come to an end until 2015 or so:

Just as a point of reference...

Armaggedon is not the end of the world. According to Revelation, armaggedon will usher in the 1,000 year reign of peace by Jesus. Not sure what happens after the 1000 years, though...the world might come to an end then.

(climbing back on the horse, cantering off towards the west...)

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

the actual world won't come to an end until 2015 or so:

Just as a point of reference...

Armaggedon is not the end of the world. According to Revelation, armaggedon will usher in the 1,000 year reign of peace by Jesus. Not sure what happens after the 1000 years, though...the world might come to an end then.

Final judgement after the rejects, heathens etc. get a chance to be taught/preached at by the folks who got in during round one, or so I've heard.

. . . and a beer.

You must think it's going to happen pretty soon huh?

How about I pick up a few cases.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The end of the USA is the end of it as a recognized nation, like the Roman empire, the Nazi empire, the Japanese Empire, and all the many empires that existed, only to have their well earned demise after a certain length of time.

The demise of the USA is coming soon and it too,is well deserved, and its land and people will be taken over by four other nations.....England, France, Russia and China, and China will be the dominent nation in the world.

If you open your American eyes, you can see the stage being set today for this event, which is predicted in God's WORD, and it WILL take place....like it or not.

Bill Cole

I'm on my way to the store for a giant economy sized box of Duct tape and plastic - anyone need anything?

can I get some bubble wrap? and some rum. Why is the rum always gone?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The thousand year reign of Jesus does NIOT mean ten hundred years. This is a misconception of the churches, and although Christ WILL reign from the Holy City of Jerusalem, it does not mean for ten hundred years as one might think.

Yes, weak-minded readers often read the number "1000" and think it means the number "1000". Yet another sign of the poor american educational system. God's punishment is WELL deserved.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

So. Does anyone know what happens after the 1000 year reign of Jesus on earth happens?

Ciels-
Michele

Yeo. Plankton takes over, and everyone is required to switch from Crabby Patties to eating at The Chum Bucket.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

So. Does anyone know what happens after the 1000 year reign of Jesus on earth happens?

Ciels-
Michele

Yeo. Plankton takes over, and everyone is required to switch from Crabby Patties to eating at The Chum Bucket.

You mean the Bait Place will close?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

There are too many logistical flaws to the predictions to take them literally or seriously. Heck, it's downright amusing to think that people believe such things; but they are kind of a hyperboled version of some trends I do foresee. China (and maybe more accurately the Far East in general) is on a course to become the dominant force on our planet; but not via it's power as a state or group of states.

Military conflict is such a messy way to rule the world - very old school. Economic clout is so much more effective. And that clout will be wielded not by political entities but by the capital behind the state. Sure, if needed, the people of capital might have to assassinate a person or two here and there, but the might of purchasing power will win out.

The US acheived it's current pinnacle via the development of unprecedented purchasing power. The occassional military skirmish is minor compared to being able to impose economic will - and is used as a last resort since it costs so much and removes so many consumers from the population. There were certainly a lot of factors that went into our growth but the bottom line is that we exerted a market controlling influence. That is waning, and with it's eventual erasure we will see significant change.

Thing is it might happen so imperceptibly as to not really be all that traumatic. It is certainly the way the owners of capital would like it to happen. The radical woo-woo crowd almost WANTS to see nukes fly and Holy Reckonings and other neolithic prophecies come to life. That would be so much more sensational and fits so well with their desire to have known the future - which is bottom line the driver for their nuerosis - they have the need to be in on something very special.

It's why the people in Jonestown willingly drank the Kool-Aid. Their specialness was about to go away. As long as the wackos can keep alive the idea that they are in on special knowledge of sensational out-of-the-ordinary events, they will continue to spout their nonsense. It's why the date will keep changing. It's always amusing to hear them explain why another of their predictions did not come to pass.

And this is nothing. Just wait to see all the kooks come out of the woodwork as we near 2012. If I were an unscrupulous person I'd be making plans on how to get rich off their nutiness. There will be many who will do so.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

one day with the Lord is as a 1000 years

My careful churchiful analysis of this statement means:

one day with the lord feels like a 1000 years? What is he a slow talker or a one-upper or something? ;)

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

one day with the Lord is as a 1000 years

My careful churchiful analysis of this statement means:

one day with the lord feels like a 1000 years? What is he a slow talker or a one-upper or something? ;)

.jim

This little gem causes all sorts of doctrinal differences, from the day of judgement to the millenium with Christ. Depending on how literally you want to take each reference. Just to make matters worse 1000 is seen as a symbol of perfection or completeness so it's kinda up for grabs.

Well, obviously, this is not meant to be taken literally. It refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.

We must delve deeper then, here is the context:

2nd Peter 3:7-9
7: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8: But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9: The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Clearly it refers to judgement day for manufacturers of dairy then.

The key issue is when you read 1000 years in Revelation and read this in Peter, what do you conclude?

Opinions differ, and Mr Bill Cole would call you biblically illiterate (or maybe just spiritually blinded) if you don't agree with his conclusion. Now he kinda said this in response to something I wrote (actually Michele to whom I also replied), but I know exactly what he's referring to :$.

Like I said opinions differ, this sort of thing is all over the place especially when it comes to deciphering Revelations. It just illustrates that it is a bit presumptious of anyone to say someone else lacks a spiritual understanding of "God's WORD".