Causabon

iraqi jumps with US flag

An Iraqi works for Skydive Utah. He was born in Turkey, moved to Iran, lived for a few years in Russia, went to Iraq, joined Saddam's army, now he is in the US. Today he jumped with a huge American flag. Somebody told me he always carries guns where ever he goes. I'm just wondering if he really loves the American flag or if he is just playing games. Everybody likes him, but I'm just a little confused about why he would jump an American flag if his background suggests anti-American sentiment. I don't like to see him there, actually. Somebody else told me he went to jail because he cut off someone's hand and beat the person with it.

An Iraqi works for Skydive Utah. He was born in Turkey, moved to Iran, lived for a few years in Russia, went to Iraq, joined Saddam's army, now he is in the US. Today he jumped with a huge American flag. Somebody told me he always carries guns where ever he goes. I'm just wondering if he really loves the American flag or if he is just playing games. Everybody likes him, but I'm just a little confused about why he would jump an American flag if his background suggests anti-American sentiment. I don't like to see him there, actually. Somebody else told me he went to jail because he cut off someone's hand and beat the person with it.

IBTL. Do I win?

Depending on whether his parents were Turkish and how long he lived there, it might be surprising that he would consider jumping any flag other than a Turkish flag.

Have you asked him about his attitude toward the US?

Walt

What about his background suggests anti-American sentiment?

The part about him cutting of someone's hand and beating them with it.:S

No one said it was an American person's hand.

Does everyone in the world who has committed a crime display anti-American sentiment? (Not to mention it sounds pretty far fetched!)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Walt

Yea, because THIS is so much more American:S
(from a neighboring thread)

PHILADELPHIA (Feb. 8) - A man angry his toddler daughter wouldn't go to bed knocked her unconscious and left her to die outside in single-digit temperatures, police said.

Does everyone in the world who has committed a crime display anti-American sentiment? (Not to mention it sounds pretty far fetched!)

I'm thinking the OP has some sort of personal axe to grind.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

If you have questions, ask him. I'm sure he would rather have you ask then assume.
Get to know him. I'll bet you will find more in common than you think.
My grandfather was born in Hungary, moved to what is now The Czech Republic where he served in the army, left when Hitler was rising to power and moved to Canada, then finally to the States. He had to endure rumors about his past, all untrue, and made a good productive life for him and his family.

It was a weak attempt at sarcasm on my part. I assumed that he was referring to the person's time in Iran, Iraq, and Russia as suggesting anti-American sentiment. Personally, though, I don't think those things necessarily suggest an anti-American attitude.

Walt

Ever been in a Turkish prison?

From what I've heard Turkish prisons are not as portrayed in the Midnight Express, but there is a sort of hierarchy based on the crime(s) that got you sent there. If you are there because you killed someone, that's fine as long as it was for a good reason. Thieves and drug dealers, on the other hand, don't fare as well.

Walt

This is the first time I'm using this forum and it will be the last time. The reason I am using it now is because this is the second time people have told me that someone has apparently mentioned me on this site. What you have said about me is not true. I'm an American citizen, my friends are Americans, my wife is American, and we are expecting a baby soon. It's surprising when someone can go on a public forum and make personal attacks. Utah dropzone just got a new flag with a lot of weight and they wanted to see what parachute we should use with it to do demos. They asked me to fly it. That's all there is to it.

This is the first time I'm using this forum and it will be the last time.

Thanks for setting the record straight on this. Now maybe everyone will STFU and rumor about something else. Congratulations on your citizenship, your marriage, and especially your new baby.:)

I agree with those sentiments. Gossip belongs in a beauty shop.

This is the first time I'm using this forum and it will be the last time. The reason I am using it now is because this is the second time people have told me that someone has apparently mentioned me on this site. What you have said about me is not true. I'm an American citizen, my friends are Americans, my wife is American, and we are expecting a baby soon. It's surprising when someone can go on a public forum and make personal attacks. Utah dropzone just got a new flag with a lot of weight and they wanted to see what parachute we should use with it to do demos. They asked me to fly it. That's all there is to it.

I think any reasonable individual (15% here?) saw it as someone signing up and using the forum for a personal grudge.

Sorry you were the victim. I don't understand why the mods allowed it as the information given clearly identified you.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".