sundevil777

If Iranian troops are fighting in Iraq, we should attack them in Iran

>If we weren't willing to do this, we should have given up much earlier than we did.

Yep.

We can agree on some things. I think we've properly learned the lesson to not fight a war with such self-imposed restrictions as we had in N. Vietnam.

I think we're now learning not to fight OPTIONAL wars of aggression.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What cracks me up is how sunny can not see anything but his own narrow view. So let me get this straight the “terrorist” are like crusaders.

How is it that we are in the “crusaders land”? How come we invaded their country for no reason, or at best for being stupid and falling for some BS?

How come there are so many Christian solders and military bases on Muslims land? Who is exactly the crusader here?

I don’t know maybe Sunny is watching some other war.

My understanding was that the crusades were an effort to recover holy lands from the Muslims, and to convert them to Christians, right?

We aren't "recovering" any lands - they aren't going to be US territories or anything of that sort. We aren't trying to convert them to Christians. So how are we crusaders?

The Islamofacists, however, want to control the world and make everyone convert to Islam.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>If we weren't willing to do this, we should have given up much earlier than we did.

Yep.

We can agree on some things. I think we've properly learned the lesson to not fight a war with such self-imposed restrictions as we had in N. Vietnam.

I think we're now learning not to fight OPTIONAL wars of aggression.

Can you tell me what war was not optional?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>Can you tell me what war was not optional?

The most recent one was World War II.

I say that was also optional. Yes, Japan attacked a US territory, but we didn't even try to see if there was a possibility of a peace treaty after Pearl Harbor. The Japanese saw us as a threat to their empirical quests in the Pacific. If we had made it clear we wouldn't oppose them, we might have been able to stop the war right there. It might have meant giving up some Pacific interests, maybe even give them Hawaii or Midway, but why would that matter over the desire to have peace? We probably could have negotiated some peace agreement with Germany, if peace were the highest priority we'd just have to figure out what was required to give them to get that peace.

The Islamofacists, however, want to control the world and make everyone convert to Islam.

I guess I have two questions for you.

1. Who are the Islamofacists?

2. What’s is your reasoning or proof that they want to control the world, and make everyone convert to Islam?

Looking back in history we have always had a much bigger interest in the Middle East then they have in us, and the reasons we are hated is because of are actions in the area.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

>I say that was also optional.

I thought this would descend to semantic games.

Yes, it was optional. We could have let them have Hawaii and Alaska. Maybe California.

Come to think of it, everything is optional. Taxes are optional; you don't have to pay them. You might get put in jail if you don't, but even that's optional - you can flee the country or kill yourself.

Why get so upset about gun laws? They're optional. Growing old is optional as well - a little cyanide and you won't get any older.

Semantic games are fun! You can make almost any word meaningless.

>Semantic games are fun!

I wouldn't say "games" so much as "word manipulation"

but not "word" so much as "meaning"

IYKWIM

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

kurdishglobe.net/displayArticle.jsp?id=C0F9568CD9C10C53CA67D0A3C3B626F1

Hmmm...........So many things I would like to say here but I won't. I'll just start with that article. I can assure you that those Iranians that got rolled up were up to NO good as far as the US, Iraqi, and KRG govt's were concerned. I was glad to watch the team extract with those shit bags. ;) A Beautiful sight. Interesting that they implicate the PRESIDENT of Iran in this article. I don't think even the most far left have accused Bush of aiding in a murder. Only the Kennedys can get away with that. :S

The WMD argument.........it's not really an argument. The US Govt knows damn well where that stuff went. Politically we just aren't ready to finger our "friends." :S

Airstrikes could be quite painful for the US pilots thanks to the latest Air defence system that Russia has just sold and delivered to Iran (along with the promise of more goodies if they want them.)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I don't think even the most far left have accused Bush of aiding in a murder.

So starting a war on false basis that has resulted in more then 30,000 + deaths is not considered murder in your book?

So what do you call it?Please lets not forget the UN said no WMD. Our own allies decided there was no reason to start this war (most of them) but this administration including the president did nothing but push for war. You don’t see them having any thing to do with innocents lives that have been lost?

Please keep in mind that even if you consider this collateral damage this all of it was unneeded and unnecessary collateral damage.

>Unfortunately, because of the current political climate, I think
>the truth won't come out for MANY years to come.

A few years back Rhino told us that we'd all learn the REAL reason we invaded Iraq soon.

A few decades back Richard Nixon claimed to have a "secret plan" to end the Vietnam War.

I don't think anyone believes in the "real secret stuff that I know about that would prove me right, but I can't tell anyone" thing any more.

So starting a war on false basis

So says you and a lot of anti war nuts.

I think you might be suffering from selective memory loss.

Remember the imminent danger we were in from the Iraqi WMD?

Also remember that the administration it self has stopped looking for WMD and has admitted that there were none.

So it’s not the anti war nuts who say the reasoning behind the war is false, but the statements made by this administration is enough to reach that conclusion.

>Unfortunately, because of the current political climate, I think
>the truth won't come out for MANY years to come.

A few years back Rhino told us that we'd all learn the REAL reason we invaded Iraq soon.

A few decades back Richard Nixon claimed to have a "secret plan" to end the Vietnam War.

I don't think anyone believes in the "real secret stuff that I know about that would prove me right, but I can't tell anyone" thing any more.

Indeed:
www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=386413#386413

The entire thread is worth re-reading. It makes many of our right wing friends look [adjective omitted to avoid possible PAs].

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I especially liked THIS one....

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=382511#382511

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we should quit the joking and just invade. We KNOW they have weapons of mass distruction.

Just like we KNOW that Nixon was not a crook, that there were no US forces in Cambodia, that there would be "no new taxes", and that no there was no US involvement between Iran and the Contras.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

These days it seems all the ones who did get fooled are now backpeddling and making a whole lot of excuses