quade

What the Hell Happened to Christianity?

The Religeous Wrong wants everyone to live by THEIR brand of Morality. If they could they would legislate it even more than they have.

Not our brand of morality....God's.

This is the reason for the season. Merry Christmas!

No THIS! is the reason for the season.
Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos

The Religeous Wrong wants everyone to live by THEIR brand of Morality. If they could they would legislate it even more than they have.

there lies the problem. god comes in countless brands. what gives a person the right to make me subscribe to the wishes of their god? what about those of us that do not have a god and don't want one?

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

if this god guy tells me directly I may consider - I don't do heasay thogh

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

there lies the problem. god comes in countless brands. what gives a person the right to make me subscribe to the wishes of their god? what about those of us that do not have a god and don't want one?

It does not matter whether you believe or not. It doesn't matter if you want him or not. He's your God too. The one who created you. The one you will have to face one day to be judged for your every thought and deed in this lifetime. Will you be ready? Are you guilty? What will be your verdict? Where will you be going when you die? The Bible makes it clear that all liars, blasphemers, adulterors, murderers, thieves, etc. will be going to his place of punishment which is hell. God's love is in direct proportion to his justice. It's not his will that you go to hell but justice will be done.

if this god guy tells me directly I may consider - I don't do heasay thogh

Cheers, T

Your conscience bears witness to the truth. Have you ever lied, stolen, blasphemed? He has spoken to you. You're just not listening.

It does not matter whether you believe or not. It doesn't matter if you want him or not. He's your God too. The one who created you.

The same could be said of Shiva, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Just because you don't recognize them as your God(s) doesn't make their judgement any less (or more) imminent.

There is just as much (or as little) evidence of those two gods being real as there is for the existence of Yaveh.

For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. (Matthew 7:2)

In other words, for those who believe being a good person is enough, being a good person is enough. They don't need to be "saved" by Christianity.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

he is not my god and i don't believe in him. i'm happy for you that you have found something that works for you and i would never want to take that away from you. after about 3 years of internal struggle i have come to terms what i truly believe and have found something that works for me. as for where i'll be going when i die, it will be back to wherever i was before i was born, which is also the same place i go when i go to sleep.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Christianity was never about just love and acceptance. It was a justification for mass murder for many centuries and when this was finally frowned upon there was a need to "keep the masses," so they had to lighten up. Was there ever a period of acceptance of homosexuals? Nope. How about atheists? Nope. Scientific advancement? Never.

When I was a youngster these issues never really emerged, but when the republican party saw a ton of money flowing into haters like Robertson, Swaggart, et al. they saw their jackpot. The last two decades of republican pandering to the religious right is the reason we're seeing the discrimination, hatred and ridiculousness such as creationism today.

It's all about politics, money and re-election in the GUISE of christianity. I don't think christianity has changed at all during my lifetime. But the USE of it certainly has.

Your conscience bears witness to the truth. Have you ever lied, stolen, blasphemed? He has spoken to you. You're just not listening.

I have given up on guilt trips in my 20's and I don't do psychedelic
drugs (only beer and coffee) ... sorry!

I can assure you there are no invisible ghosts of bunnies talking to me.

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

It does not matter whether you believe or not. It doesn't matter if you want him or not. He's your God too. The one who created you. The one you will have to face one day to be judged for your every thought and deed in this lifetime. Will you be ready? Are you guilty? What will be your verdict? Where will you be going when you die? The Bible makes it clear that all liars, blasphemers, adulterors, murderers, thieves, etc. will be going to his place of punishment which is hell. God's love is in direct proportion to his justice. It's not his will that you go to hell but justice will be done.

It doesn't matter how badly you want or need him to be real, he's not.

Biology makes it clear that when you die you will decompose (barring cremation) and be gone. Have you been a good person? Doesn't matter once your heart stops beating, death is death.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

So we are back to separation of church and state... I do not want morality legislated...

The Bible is fairly clear about FREE WILL and choosing ones own path.... not having that path chosen by the little old man down the block who couldnt get laid when he was young let alone now.

The old JUDGE not lest ye be judged comes to mind.

You'll have to go back several hundred years, sorry....there have been moral laws since the birth of the country, and before...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Actually a TRUE Christian... one who follows the word of Christ is humble, doesn't judge. The problem is that there are so many 'Christians' that have warped the original teachings and give the rest of them a bad name.reply]

Actually a TRUE Muslim... one who follows the word of Christ is humble, doesn't judge. The problem is that there are so many 'Muslims' that have warped the original teachings and give the rest of them a bad name.

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Must be great to live your life in fear of a non-existant boogey man.

I'll pass thank you. I gave up on the snake oil many years ago.

Must be great to live your life in fear of a non-existant boogey man.

I'll pass thank you. I gave up on the snake oil many years ago.

I'm agnotic as much as anything, but I've never seen the point in these types of comments other than to be antagonistic.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The Bible makes it clear that all liars, blasphemers, adulterors, murderers, thieves, etc. will be going to his place of punishment which is hell. God's love is in direct proportion to his justice. It's not his will that you go to hell but justice will be done.

Do believe that you are certainly doomed, or do you have a special pass?

I'm agnotic as much as anything, but I've never seen the point in these types of comments other than to be antagonistic.

Pajarito's just told us all we're bad men who are going to hell - thats pretty antagonistic;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Pajarito's just told us all we're bad men who are going to hell - thats pretty antagonistic;)

If paj jumped off the brooklyn bridge, would you? ;):P

(not always the best question around skydivers or BASE jumpers.......)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

So we are back to separation of church and state... I do not want morality legislated...

Nor do I. That's not what I'm talking about.

The Bible is fairly clear about FREE WILL and choosing ones own path.... not having that path chosen by the little old man down the block who couldnt get laid when he was young let alone now.

I have no idea what you're talking about with the little old man down the street thing. Free will talked about in the Bible has nothing to do with following the rules of man. It has to do with following the rules of God (or not). Vertical obedience (or rebellion). Not horizontal obedience to some preacher or Pope, etc.

The old JUDGE not lest ye be judged comes to mind.

No Christian can or should judge or condemn you. You are condemned already. Not by me or anyone else. You are condemned by your own choice and actions. That's the point. Your sin is vertical and is "exceedingly sinful" in the eyes of God. Until there is repentance and faith in the Savior, His wrath abides on you. You are storing up wrath for yourself and will be judged when you die.

There's only one God and no "person" can "make" you subscribe to his wishes. Only he can draw you to him. You are dead in your sin and I'm quite sure you don't want God. I didn't. The Bible says we don't. "There is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God (Romans 3:11).

It sounds like you're saying you can do condemn yourself through your actions but cannot redeem yourself through your actions.

Correct... but it also concerns your thoughts. There is no difference with respect to God's perfect standard of righteousness.