shropshire

Dianna - Who gives a shit?

Definitely accident - if you want someone dead you poison them; isnt that right mr putin??;)

I must admit I do groan when i see Diana news articles now.
An interesting point was raised by the report mind you. In that it was felt lives may have been saved had the paperazzi put down their cameras to help rather than continue taking pictures.

Now, if your famous you have to accept the paperazzi- tough.
But come on guys? Taking pictures as they died? Or taking pictures not even having checked if they could be saved? Low.

With those injuries she had no chance of being saved by a Papperazzi who'd put down his camera. Now I'm not saying its not distasteful but they were just doing their job. Is it anyworse than filming people being shot or blown up in Iraq or Palastine? I don't think so.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Come on! You can see the plain difference there! Kate Aidey cant administer first aid to every war victim she encounters - its just not possible.

The paperazzi guys had no idea if there injuries were fatal and they had no intention of even finding out. If your first on the scene of a bad RTA the first thing you do is help regardless of your job..surely?:o

Thats what I'd do but thats why I'm not a paperazzi. They're job is to photograph not intervene and as much as we think its horrible without them we wouldn't get the pictures that we look at. They wouldn't be able to sell them if there wasn't a demand. As for her condition, if you've seen somone go into the back of a chair at 80 MPH you'd know that it doesn't leave much to the imagination.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I feel bad about her death...see when it happened I wasn't very well informed of what Diana really did, I was pretty young, so I spent the night with my mom watching the telly while I was saying what a cunt Diana is. The very next day I learn she's dead.

I don't know if I her or what?
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

I think she had some real issues (and we're not talking landmines) but at her time of death I just wished she'd dissapear from the media as I was sick of hearing about her.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Dianna - Who gives a shit?

I suspect she did right at the moment of impact (this could have two meanings......)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Isn't it true that she wasn't wearing a seat belt? I would think that causing an accident such as what happened would be a very uncertain method of assassination, so I can't believe that it was a conspiracy to kill her.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

So you don't think they should have bothered to investigate other possibilities?

Sure but they don't spend 10 years an every RTA, do they?

I'm going to assume that "RTA" stands for "routine traffic accident". In the future, to avoid confusion, you should refrain from using such acronyms that aren't generally known by the public.

Response: This was not a routine traffic accident.

There were numerous issues not present in most accidents, such as the fame, the politics, the photographers, whether she was pregnant, the presence of alcohol, if there was a murder conspiracy, if there were cover-ups, and so on.

Just because one accident is highly complicated and takes a long time to investigate, does not mean that they police have to spend the same amount of time on all other accidents.

I suppose that if they had published their results in just a year you would have accused them of not being thorough enough...

I'd rather they take a long time and do the job right, then to be hasty and do the job poorly.

P.S. It's so sweet to see that 94% of the people here don't care about the accidental death of a young woman. Thanks for being so caring.

P.S. It's so sweet to see that 94% of the people here don't care about the accidental death of a young woman. Thanks for being so caring.

I think it is more egalitarian than that.

There are pictures of young people in the newspaper every day and most people do not even read the articles. It is things happening to people that you do not know.

If people fail to elevate her to deity status for good fortune at birth, that seems like a good idea.
She was probably a nice person.

RTA in the UK is very widely known. I suspect that in the USA you may used the term MVA as they do in South Africa for RTA. Actually MVA is more defined as it stands for Motor Vechile Accident and there is a seperate term for when a pedestrian is struck by a vechile which is PVA. RTA encompasses both scenarios.

As for Dianna's death. I don't think its that people don't care that she died so much as we are SICK of hearing about it. Its been ten years now and she is still rarely out of the media even though there isn't any real new stories. The fact is she was young and relativly innocent, married into the Royal family has marital problems (Which were not one sided) then she was turned into a vicim by the press and got involved in politics. After several high profile relationships she then starts dating an 'Islamic' playboy and dies in a tunnel. All of a sudden she is turned into a saint by the guilt ridden media who have been complicit in the accident and have 'killed' the golden goose. Since then all we have heard is cranks, crackpots and attention seekers come out with one consipacy theory after another. Its Christmas, not Easter and we don't need yet another resurrection!
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Good summary!

It's amazing that the same assholes that hounded her when she was alive tried to sanctify her as soon as she was dead, largely thanks to their demand for pictures of her. It's rank hypocrisy but I don't see it as guilt driven so much as trying to evade any introspection or guilt, same for the bozos who still buy the same papers frankly. The same idiots who get outraged over stupid Diana crap used to lap up photos of her cellulite or stories of her infidelity from an absolte cad.

For a fun read go investigate what happened to the photographer suspected of killing Diana. That's the only conspiracy theory I give credence to, and good riddance mate.

I was on the isle of White the day she died and the sunday newspapers are shipped from the mainland (obviously) and they did not get a recall on the pre-death printed newspapers in time after her accident. I deliberately picked up a copy of the "scum of the world" to read with a retrospective view of how she was portrayed to the masses.

As I read the very lurid stories about her sons hating her new lover and that she was shacking up in some french castle with a bun in the oven.....I just felt angry at how the general public were her tormentors. The papps may have well fired the gun but the public loaded it.

It made me sick when everyone was ranting on at the Queen to show her face and be held accountable for her part in her death. I am no royalist but she had two grandchildren to deal with who had just lost their young mother, it can be a very private time. Cut them some slack I thought. Again the brains of Great Britain dropped into the seat of it pants once more. What a bunch of hyprocrites we are.

As for giving a shit about Diana. Well it is very sad and what a violent way to go. It is one of those shocks you always remember. I don't think about it but I can rememeber exactly what I was doing when I found out, I always will. As for a terrible accident - looks that way, despite all our public need to believe that something like this could not actually happen to someone like that. I think it is time the public all let go now. It is getting boring.