nathaniel

Americans: Did you vote?

We had touch screens but it printed out a paper reciept also that was on the machines that you could verify as you went along.

As for the showing of ID, thats another issue. Drivers licence was not enough since the address was wrong, so I had to go back and get a utility bill with my name and address on it. A couple was having all sorts of issues trying to vote as I left since her last name was different on the drivers licence then what the County had on her voter registration. She was turned away while the husband was able to vote provisionaly since his address was different. :S

I had issues since I'm slow to notify the state about my move, they had issues since they notified the state but not the Board of elections. :S
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

We had touch screens but it printed out a paper reciept also that was on the machines that you could verify as you went along.

As for the showing of ID, thats another issue. Drivers licence was not enough since the address was wrong, so I had to go back and get a utility bill with my name and address on it. A couple was having all sorts of issues trying to vote as I left since her last name was different on the drivers licence then what the County had on her voter registration. She was turned away while the husband was able to vote provisionaly since his address was different. :S

I had issues since I'm slow to notify the state about my move, they had issues since they notified the state but not the Board of elections. :S

Sound like this guyhttp://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/07/D8L8CPRO0.html
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I'm in the same position, I'm permanent absentee. The reason I am is because I live in an unincorporated part of town. I do like being able to read over the ballot at my leisure then drop it in the mailbox when I'm done.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I felt disinfranchised (hope I spelled it right), the 70 year old lady behind the table stared at me as she checked my ID. I think she wanted me to vote for the democratic straight ticket...........:S
But I overcame all obstacles put in front of me and cast my paper ballot.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

yes...
at a local elementary school
I only then learned,,,, that many of the candidates who have been blasting us with annoying TV ads, and slurs about their opponents, are not even in our voting district.
>:(:|>:( ( or more correctly, I am not in their district )
and so i could not even enjoy specifically NOT voting for them...:PB|;)

I had a whole list of people who I was planning to vote AGAINST!!!!!! and they were not even on my ballot...:(
damn... that made voting less fun than I had hoped it would be....[:/]:o:S:DB|

signed jmy,,,, "voting out the incumbents since 1971":P

they had issues since they notified the state but not the Board of elections.

I was in this situation, but I'm pretty sure I stayed within the same jurisdiction and as a result it wasn't an issue. I was waving around my ID and had utility bills with me, but they never asked to see anything. I did provide them with my name and address to match their books, and I had voted at this polling place before--as I understand it, you must only provide an ID the first time you vote on a registration here.
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

>I'm very glad they didn't have touchscreens.

---------------------
Florida Diebold machines help you pick the right candidate
Posted Oct 30th 2006 7:41PM by Cyrus Farivar

Apparently Diebold's problems aren't limited to Maryland, Georgia or Alaska -- what a shocker. Down in the Sunshine State, during a week of early voting before next week's nationwide midterm election, certain Diebold machines have been registering some votes for Democrats as selections for the Republican candidate. For instance, Gary Rudolf, a voter at a polling site near Ft. Lauderdale, tried to vote for gubernatorial candidate Jim Davis (D); however, when the Diebold machine gave him the final review screen, it showed his vote was about to be cast for Charlie Crist (R). The problem took three tries to get resolved with the help of a local poll worker.
----------------------

I mailed my ballot in last week. I voted on the ballot measures and maybe 40% of the elections. My reason for not voting in over half the elections was not knowing enough about the candidates.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I was kind of appalled at the amount of purely negative campaigning I saw this election. The state Democratic party sent out several mailers denouncing Republican candidates as associated with Bush, but not offering anything of their own agenda. I was disappointed and will be sending them my thoughts on the subject to keep in mind next election cycle. I'd suggest that others who didn't like the campaigning they send similar feedback. If a party wins elections after such mailers, they're going to think it was because of those mailers rather than despite them.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I didn't vote because there comes a time when voting for the lesser of two evils is no longer acceptable. Neither candidate for governor of Maryland is acceptable. Neither are the candidates for Senator. The local candidates are either unopposed or have only token opposition. My political interests are not represented by either party or candidate. So, I have absolutely no voice. I can't, in good conscious, allow this to continue. My only option is to drop out of the electoral process altogether and simply deal with whoever gets in. As I see it, I have no other choice. :|>:(
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

>now, why doesn't that surprise me.

You have to wonder how many votes that machine tallied before someone noticed that the final review screen didn't match what they voted for.

You have to wonder whether the tallied vote agrees with the final review screen.

'It's Not the People Who Vote that Count; It's the People Who Count the Votes', attributed to Josef Stalin.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

there comes a time when voting for the lesser of two evils is no longer acceptable

Well, you don't have to vote on all the ballots. For instance I skipped all the ones where the number of marks allowed did not met or exceeded the number of candidates. edit: oops, got that backwards...

There's a bit of electoral math it seems that was developed after our voting methods were standardized. And it's too bad, really.
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

Well?

Do explain, if you didn't vote.

Yep. On the way to work. Well, actually I have no idea whether or not I voted, or who got my vote. I pushed some buttons on a touch screen machine and made it go "bing". Not that I can prove it other than the sticker that they gave me. Still got my receipt from lunch though.>:(