sundevil777

I think Rush Limbaugh is a great political commentator

I really like his show. I liked his TV show from many years ago even more.

I don't agree with him on everything, and he can often go on and on, repeating himself, but I think he's got incredible insight. Rush and Robert Novak were two of the only commentators to correctly predict the historic Republican takeover of congress in '94 - sorry to bring up such a bad memory for you Democrats.

He is right on the money when he coins terms like 'drive-by media' and others such as 'Gorbasm'.

I was listening to him when he made the stupid comment about Michael Fox. I instantly knew it was a stupid thing to say. He almost immediately apologized for the 'faking it' part, but essentially he was right on the mark with the 'off his meds' part. Now Michael Fox says he was overmedicated, whatever, it still means that they chose to film the commercial when he looked awful. He inserted himself into the political arena, made assertions that were false, but libs expect him to off limits for criticism. I say bullshit. Why not show him trying to feed himself, he would look really pitiful then.

So, in summary, I know that Rush is hated by the libs. Of course he is hated. Conservative talk radio is a big reason that libs lost power. Dan Rather, Walter Cronkite and such no longer have a stranglehold on news reporting, no longer able to set the agenda for political discussion.

I'm a dittohead and proud of it.

So go ahead, libs, tell me I'm a bigot/racist/'phobe/stupid/neocon whatever. I can handle your hostility, vitriol and intolerance.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I liked it best when Rush argued that there was no oil shortage and never would be.

His reasoning? He said that God loves us and so would never shortchange us. Therefore he knew that God had provided ENDLESS supplies of oil and all we had to do was find it, extract it, burn it, and enjoy God's unstoppable generosity.

Pure logic. Got to love it. What a guy.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

He tries to be funny, sometimes not so successfully.

There IS plenty of fossil fuel available. Between coal, oil shale, oil sands, and plain old oil (especially located in places we don't want to disturb like under the ocean) there are hundreds of years worth. That is separate from the fact that it is awful for the environment to get at it and use it.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

So go ahead, libs, tell me I'm a bigot/racist/'phobe/stupid/neocon whatever. I can handle your hostility, vitriol and intolerance.

How about this one, you're a victim of the media.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I also regularly listen to NPR and even Air America, and among those I watch on TV are the Jim Lehrer newshour on PBS, Travis Smiley (he sure is a racist).

I wouldn't want to be considered a victim. Your clear implication is that you are better, smarter than that...not so dumb as to be taken in by the con artist conservatives. That is a very elitist attitude, in my opinion, and one that is shared by the Democratic leadership and the drive by media.

So you're proud of not thinking for yourself. Indeed, a strange thing to say.

Phil

'Thinking for yourself' should also include being correct when making insults.

A dittohead is a person who likes but does not necessarily agree with The Rush Limbaugh Show. Regular listeners to the show claim that it is a mistake to think that "ditto" means that the caller agrees with Rush Limbaugh's opinions.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dittohead

One hammered nail on head. LOL
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

That's a lousy analogy :D:D;)

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

linz

I thought it hit the nail on the head:P
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

RUSH, heheheh, "knows Libs like every square inch of his gloriest neked body." I would have to say he's funny and not to mention flies around in his EIB-1 Gulfstream IV, what a ride.

Libs with there current tallent, will not have anyone in the near future who could go hour for hour against him. Current programming i.e. NPR is just plan boring.

How do you know you're not a victim of the media?

I really do think that most liberals, even most liberal politicians want to do good for the country, they really do have good intentions. I think they have a different view of what is good.

It seems that many libs, including the drive by media, are not so generous to their political opponents. They seem quite sure that conservatives are motivated by things such as greed/oil/power/revenge for trying to kill dad and such. I hope that attitude is starting to be obvious to the voters that are not political news junkies such as ourselves.

I think Limbaugh makes valid points - sometimes. I also think Michael Moore and Al Franken make valid points - sometimes.

Too bad he loses credibility with the other nonsense. YEah, it was a left-wing plot to get him pinched for doctor shopping. Give me a break. Suck it up, Rush. You did it. Admit it.

He shall not receive my listenership - ever.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I also regularly listen to NPR and even Air America, and among those I watch on TV are the Jim Lehrer newshour on PBS, Travis Smiley (he sure is a racist).

Good for you. More sources are better. That said, you've listed one that you admit as a racist as one of your "better" sources of information. I would hope that you aim a bit higher.

You claim, "Rush Limbaugh is a great political commentator." It's NOT commentary, it's propagandistic mocking of his enemies and is no more credible than children bickering on a school-yard.

George Will is a GREAT political commentator.

If you truly believe Limbaugh has the same insight, understanding and thoughtfulness shown in Will's work, then I am sorry, you ARE a victim of Rush's media empire.

I wouldn't want to be considered a victim.

Most victims don't.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

A dittohead is a person who likes but does not necessarily agree with The Rush Limbaugh Show. Regular listeners to the show claim that it is a mistake to think that "ditto" means that the caller agrees with Rush Limbaugh's opinions.

For those that don't know, the "ditto" slogan was actually created by listeners of the program. I heard it happen. A caller said his piece and as Rush progressed through the remainder of callers that afternoon, they kept re-iterating what the previous caller had said by saying, "ditto [the previous caller.]" It's been carried on for years since.

I don't even remember what the original caller said, but the ditto remains, and yes, it was likely in some agreement of sorts to something Rush was commenting on at the time.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I liked it best when Rush argued that there was no oil shortage and never would be.

His reasoning? He said that God loves us and so would never shortchange us. Therefore he knew that God had provided ENDLESS supplies of oil and all we had to do was find it, extract it, burn it, and enjoy God's unstoppable generosity.

Pure logic. Got to love it. What a guy.

Yea, now we just have to find that extra ozona that he's hinding.:S

I think Limbaugh makes valid points - sometimes. I also think Michael Moore and Al Franken make valid points - sometimes.

Too bad he loses credibility with the other nonsense. YEah, it was a left-wing plot to get him pinched for doctor shopping. Give me a break. Suck it up, Rush. You did it. Admit it.

He shall not receive my listenership - ever.

That's probably fair, calm and objective.

so now that he has been busted repeated for drug violations, has he shown empathy for other drug addicts? Or still the hypocrite?

He's definitely outclassed by Corbert and Stewart. On the right side the aforementioned George Will or PJ O'Rourke are much better commentators. Limbaugh is more like the Howard Stern of political thought.

So you're proud of not thinking for yourself. Indeed, a strange thing to say.

Phil

'Thinking for yourself' should also include being correct when making insults.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dittohead

A dittohead is a fan of The Rush Limbaugh Show. (Dittohead is also the title of a track on the Album Divine Intervention by Slayer.)

Saying "dittos" (or even "mega-dittos") was started by a Rush Limbaugh caller in 1988 as a shorthand way for callers to say they love the program and for Rush to never quit doing the radio show.

The term has been used as a snipe by people who see it as an example of groupthink allegedly encouraged by Limbaugh.

On May 30th, 2006, a caller decided to one up the common "Mega-dittos" with "Giga-Dittos". Based on references below this was probably not the first time this happened.

HERE'S A LIMBAUGH GLOSARY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NO LIFE:P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jargon_of_The_Rush_Limbaugh_Show

So go ahead, libs, tell me I'm a bigot/racist/'phobe/stupid/neocon

I'm a Republican and HH rules against personal attacks prevent me from accomodating.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

linz

Good metaphor, though.;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.