yjumpinoz

Darwin Award Science Teacher

A high school science teacher in the area pulled a real good one. They used the same instrument to draw blood for an experiment from about 50 students. They suspended the teacher and are providing blood tests for all the students. I would like to think that a student would have questioned this.

It happened in Salina Kansas. It has been all over the local news and papers.

Kansas....Intelligent design, and now this!:o
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

from the article

"The district will pay for two series of blood tests for all students in the two classes, with testing through ComCare starting today. "

Taxpayers (the "district" :S) will have to pay in taxes for this teacher's incredible lack of judgement. AND she's suspended WITH pay.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

She would only be a potential Darwin winner if she drew blood from herself last, and contracted some nasty disease.

... and if she has no children IIRC. You have to remove yourself from the gene pool to qualify. You don't actually have to die...
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

After reading that article I have to ask why do these people always get suspended WITH pay. They seem to do this all the time. It's like Hey you idiot, you really fucked up. Now go take a nice payed vacation and think about what you've done. WTF.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

She would only be a potential Darwin winner if she drew blood from herself last, and contracted some nasty disease.

I remember doing blood typing in the 8th grade, but I understand even that is long gone because of some unintentional revealings of adoptions.

We are not allowed to do ANYTHING with body fluids anymore, we used to do cheek scrappings, and salivary Amalase etsts aswell as blood typing.
All ofthesec have been substituted now
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

After reading that article I have to ask why do these people always get suspended WITH pay. They seem to do this all the time. It's like Hey you idiot, you really fucked up. Now go take a nice payed vacation and think about what you've done. WTF.

They're probably afraid she'll sue them if they fire her or dock her pay before a full investigation 'proves' that she fucked up.:S
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It happened in Salina Kansas. It has been all over the local news and papers.

Kansas....Intelligent design, and now this!:o

That's what will happen when you have religious whackos dictating science courses, banning the teaching of evolution, and probably AIDS education as well.

Interesting pschology experiment in submission to authority though. Do you suppose a math teacher could get a class to play Russian roulette for the unit on probability ? I'm not sure he couldn't, at least not before the first live round is fired.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Actually back in High School Bio, the teacher gave each student a small cup with clear liquid. One cup, had a clear chemical in it.

So each student went around the room with thier cup and eye dropper and shared "fluids".

Then the students were seated.
The teacher than proceded to drop another clear solution inot the cup. Most turned blue.

Blue indicated that you came into contact with the origanl one cup that had the control.

very good experiemnt. i think about 15 out of the 21 students "got aids" or "blue" solution
"I'm going to marry my novels and have short stories for children."

BLuE sKiES & aPpLE PIeS oh and I'm "M" A-ZIng

i think they are saying that the right wing rebublicans are against safe sex speeches and in favor of absensce.... an there for shy against any type of safe sex ( aids aweareness) stuff taught in school

"Liberal doctrines are less scientiffcally provable than the story of noah's ark, but their belief system is taught as a fact in government schools, while the Biblical bilief system is banned from government schools by law" Ann Coulter Godless ch 1 page 2

see ch 6 for more info re: teachers
"I'm going to marry my novels and have short stories for children."

BLuE sKiES & aPpLE PIeS oh and I'm "M" A-ZIng

Thanks for the clarification (and the red herring), but I know what he was trying to say. And he certainly did not say anything about right wing Republicans.

What I was trying to say was that it would be illogical to assume that religion had anything to with this, to assume that this teacher was religious, and to assume that his mistakes were a consequence of his faith. Did I lose you? Here, I'll break it down...

1.) I have never seen any evidence that suggest that religious (or republicans) are less educated on blood-borne pathogens. If there is evidence, then I'd like to see it.

2.) If the religious are unaware of the hazards of blood-born diseases, and this teacher made a mistake that would suggest he wasn't aware of these consequences. It would be illogical to conclude that this teacher is a religious whacko. This logic is called Affirming the Consequent. Look it up.

There's no need to attack my reading ability.

My comment on your post was because I was utterly confused why you chose to respond to my argument (that religion had nothing to do with this) by stating a phenomena (because religious whackos think that only homosexuals get AIDS) which has nothing to do with this incident. And more importantly, because that belief largely died in the 80's along with David Bowie and digital watches.