JohnRich

Should guns be banned from the law-abiding to help fight crime?

News from England:
Concern as gun numbers soar

ANTI-GUN campaigners voiced their concern last night after figures showed the number of legally owned guns in Suffolk had soared by 40% in five years.

Since December 2001, 2,530 additional firearms have been licensed in the county - making a total of 9,003 at the end of March.

But the figure is expected to be even greater next year as officers have already authorised a further 1,671 firearms, which are yet to be acquired.

The large increase has alarmed anti-gun charity International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA), which called for tighter checks on those seeking permission to possess large numbers of guns...
Full Story:
- Go to http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/default/
- In the search box, type "gun numbers soar", and click "Go".
- Click the highlighted article.

The British gun-o-phobes are even scared of the law-abiding gun owners who have been vetted by police. Perhaps they should spend their time instead concerning themselves with the actions of criminals.

Forgive me, but I fail to see any problem with that article. An apparent rise in legal firearm ownership and certification. The anti-gunners that you so despise complain (even while conceding "It's totally possible every single rifle has been carefully justified") and pro-gunners explain the rise through sport and pest control. The police comment on their rigorous checking of applications.

Where's the issue?

ZzZzzzzzzz....ZZZzzzzzzz.....ZZZZZZZZzzzzzz.....Wha?' wha?? 'Suffolk and Essex online news'...Bloody hell John even people who live in Suffolk and Essex don't read that!....I can't beli..ZZZzzzzzzzz...ZZZZZZZzzz......Zzzzzzzzzz..ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

News from England:

Concern as gun numbers soar

ANTI-GUN campaigners voiced their concern last night after figures showed the number of legally owned guns in Suffolk had soared by 40% in five years.

Since December 2001, 2,530 additional firearms have been licensed in the county - making a total of 9,003 at the end of March.

But the figure is expected to be even greater next year as officers have already authorised a further 1,671 firearms, which are yet to be acquired.

The large increase has alarmed anti-gun charity International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA), which called for tighter checks on those seeking permission to possess large numbers of guns...
Full Story:
- Go to http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/default/
- In the search box, type "gun numbers soar", and click "Go".
- Click the highlighted article.

The British gun-o-phobes are even scared of the law-abiding gun owners who have been vetted by police. Perhaps they should spend their time instead concerning themselves with the actions of criminals.

Well, not so long ago you were going on and on about the soaring crime rate in the UK. So I guess there must be a strong correlation between legal gun ownership and crime.:S

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

After seeing what happened in New Orleans last year, absolutely not.

It's taken me a long time to come around, I grew up believing in gun control. But I've also known a lot of good law abiding people over the years who own all sorts of guns and see no reason to disarm any of them. Still don't own a gun myself, but that's my choice. If I lived in a bad part of town or way out in the sticks I might. But when you have a complete breakdown of law & order like New Orleans had, with the cops walking away from the job, then only the armed can protect themselves, their homes and their families.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

It's taken me a long time to come around, I grew up believing in gun control. But I've also known a lot of good law abiding people over the years who own all sorts of guns and see no reason to disarm any of them. Still don't own a gun myself, but that's my choice. If I lived in a bad part of town or way out in the sticks I might. But when you have a complete breakdown of law & order like New Orleans had, with the cops walking away from the job, then only the armed can protect themselves, their homes and their families.

Well spoken, sir.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Welcome to reality.;)

I Sir salute your honesty and candor.

Did you ever cross any Texas border?

Hey to you that would be leaving your continent.

And John has seen more of the world than you think;)

granted he was steerage on a navy ship but thats not my point!!!:P:D:D

WAKEUP JARHEAD!!!!

DROP YOUR COCK AND PICK UP YOUR SOCKS, IT'S MORNING LADIES!!!:D

p.s. if you don't understand the above statement and feel offended, please by all means, fuck off.:)
Thank you this has been a public service announcement, we now return you to whatever the fuck you were doing.

Why don't you let him answer by himself? Somehow, I'm of the strong opinion, he needs some fellows which answer for him first ..... then, the Big Red One enters the scene! Ingenious ;)

WaPeSD, what'd you say? He was the steerage in a navy ship? :o :P Or a steersman? Whatever.

:|

What the hell are you talking about?:S

I was giving John the shit for being an ex bellhop and you make no sense at all.:D:D:D

Wenn ich spreche, macht Sie vergessen es nicht.!:D

I was giving John the shit for being an ex bellhop and you make no sense at all..

Wenn ich spreche, macht Sie vergessen es nicht.!:D

War-ped-sky-diver - man, that screen name's too long for my little brain! I just created a short version of it, that's all. Calm down, dear :)
Wenn ich spreche, macht Sie vergessen es nicht.!
:S

:P:P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

>then only the armed can protect themselves . . .

William Kaempffer
Register Staff September 01, 2006

NEW HAVEN - A teenage suspect in at least one slaying was killed Wednesday night in the Hill neighborhood and police were examining the possibility that his killing was retaliation.

Lawrence “Little Larry” Mabery, 17, of Newhallville, was shot in the head on Frank Street Wednesday night. At the time, he was carrying two guns, according to police, but apparently never had the chance to draw.

http://www.nhregister.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17138021&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=7576&rfi=6&xb=kituk

ZzZzzzzzzz....ZZZzzzzzzz.....ZZZZZZZZzzzzzz.....Wha?' wha?? 'Suffolk and Essex online news'...Bloody hell John even people who live in Suffolk and Essex don't read that!....I can't beli..ZZZzzzzzzzz...ZZZZZZZzzz......Zzzzzzzzzz..ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hey John - you could market yourself as an insomnia cure!

Seriously though - I wonder why your so big on guns. It's like an obsession. Maybe you've had to use them on occasion for self defence - I'm a bit curious.

And if you can't be arsed - no worries;)

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

About 2.500 additonally licensed guns in a British county w/in 5 years - that really must be an alarming signal to the US...

No, but it seems to be alarming to the British (IANSA) gun control folks, even though the owners of those guns have complied with the law and been vetted by police to own them. So why are they worried?

They're calling for even "tighter checks" on people who want to own guns, even though Britain is already one of the most strict in the world. So, what additional measures do you think they need?

Here is IANSA's goal:
"Gun violence prevention involves reducing people's exposure to the agent of injury - in this case, their exposure to guns. This means restricting and reducing access to guns, and reducing the lethality of guns."
Maybe some day they'll come for your hunting rifles, in order to "reduce exposure" to your agents of death. Would that be okay with you?

Did you ever cross any Texas border?

Why? Do you figure that I'm just an ignorant redneck who has never been outside his own state?