Hipwrddude

Controversial Billboard: Casa D'Ice

I just received an email that, supposedly, shows the actual signs posted outside a 'Casa D'Ice Restaurant and Lounge' located in Pittsburgh over a period of several years. You might receive it soon yourself. Regardless of political view, I thought this was both hilarious and provocative so I thought I'd share it.

You're always the starter in your own life!

It must lose somthing in translation from (United States) American into English I can find nothing remotely humourous in it:S:S:|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The "humor" is in the shock of the public display of posting something so politically incorrect.

Questioning the war, religion, English, seatbelt laws....

I don't know that I would call them "funny"... but the establishment has a set of brass ones to post those and risk offending possible customers.

Karen

That's why we live in AMERICA. Freedom of speech and all that implies.

This display is no different than the nation wide smoking bans, if your a customer and you don't like a certain establishment, whatever the reason, don't go. It's plain and simple.

That's why we live in AMERICA. Freedom of speech and all that implies.

This display is no different than the nation wide smoking bans, if your a customer and you don't like a certain establishment, whatever the reason, don't go. It's plain and simple.

Touche. To another thread:P
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I'm not saying that he should or shouldn't have posted those. As you stated, this is America so he has the right to state what he feels/thinks.... but some of them are still rather politically incorrect and might influence his business.

k.

I'm not saying that he should or shouldn't have posted those. As you stated, this is America so he has the right to state what he feels/thinks.... but some of them are still rather politically incorrect and might influence his business.

k.

Not a place I'd be likely to eat at.

The place has a website:

http://www.casadice.com/

For those of you who can't be bothered to browse to the signs:

http://www.casadice.com/signs/index.htm

And local newspaper comment:

http://www.pittsburghcitypaper.ws/archive.cfm?type=News%20Briefs&action=getComplete&ref=6206

And yeah... I find them funny, sharp, and apposite. Good satire and comment. They're certainly no reason not to eat there, in fact, I'm more attracted to the place for having the guts to voice this stuff.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

I fail to see any problem here. I happen to disagree about seatbelts, they should have tham on school buses, not that the little bastards would wear them...

But I don't expect to agree with everybody about everything, so I guess I can't agree with them on everything either.

But a standing ovation is in order for them saying openly what everyone else is saying quietly.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Some people really got some balls!

Ok, everyone stop the fuckin' presses.

If they had any balls they'd put a cartoon of Allah up there.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

but the owner only seems to appreciate the 1st where it suits him. When it grants freedom from "God" to others, it's 'tough shit.'

God bless him for being politically incorrect, as we all should be. If the word "God" hurts your little feelings, then you've got other issues to deal with.

It must lose somthing in translation from (United States) American into English I can find nothing remotely humourous in it:S:S:|

The stick in your arse is pressing on your humor center preventing it from operating properly.:P
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

but the owner only seems to appreciate the 1st where it suits him. When it grants freedom from "God" to others, it's 'tough shit.'

God bless him for being politically incorrect, as we all should be. If the word "God" hurts your little feelings, then you've got other issues to deal with.

WHOOSH!

I fail to see any problem here. I happen to disagree about seatbelts, they should have tham on school buses...

... a standing ovation is in order for them saying openly what everyone else is saying quietly.

Hi Tom,

I took the seatbelt one as agreeing with what you say.

If YOU drive down the street with 2 kids in your vehicle who're not wearing seatbelts, a cop will ticket you. Twice. One for each kid. Thus the city gets, say $100, off you as punishment for putting your kids in danger.

Then the school bus (provided by the city) goes past with 20 kids in it. None wearing seat belts.

Q: So why isn't the cop giving THAT driver 20 tickets for putting those kids in the same danger that's just earned you tickets?

A: Seat Belt laws are about money. Specifically, making money for the city. Not road safety. If it was about safety, then your school busses would have seatbelts (like the ones in The UK - not cheap, but do-able).

In the meantime, the cops ticket private individuals but not city vehicles for the same circumstances.:S

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

I'm going to eat at this restaurant Friday night and will hopefully get to meet the owner. At least he's got the guts to say what most of us are thinking....
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Not a place I'd be likely to eat at.

I tend to pick restarants based on the quality of food and the price and the service.

Whether I agree or disagree with the owner's politics usually has ZERO to do with my decision. And I'll infer nothing about the food, price, or service from his politics. It's much easier to just experience those 3 things directly.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I tend to pick restarants based on the quality of food and the price and the service.

The expected clientele and general ambience can make a difference for me too. The noise level etc. Some restaurant situations aren't appropriate for children, for instance.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The expected clientele and general ambience can make a difference for me too. The noise level etc. Some restaurant situations aren't appropriate for children, for instance.

Sure, that too. My point is, the owner can be a flaming out of control political wierdo (left or right) but if he's not sitting at my table trying to convert me (that would fit under ambience and service categories), I'll still bring my business there if the food is good, etc.

People try to tie their politics into some very unrelated choices they make in the lives. Not every single little thing in the world HAS to be a cause.

Another example, actors that are political are annoying, but I'll still see the movie if it's one I like.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

My point is, the owner can be a flaming out of control political wierdo (left or right) but if he's not sitting at my table trying to convert me (that would fit under ambience and service categories), I'll still bring my business there if the food is good, etc.

If the owner puts a large display of his opinions outside his restaurant, then his opinions might affect my decision to eat there.