Gravitymaster

Just when I thought I'd seen it all.

Is this not the sickest story you have ever heard? I cannot fathom a punishment adequate enough. >:(>:(>:(

2 charged with rape of newborn
Newborn placed with relatives after both parents arrested in McKenzie

The Jackson Sun

McKenzie police have charged two Carroll County parents with raping their child.

Jonathan Wayne Goodrum, 19, and Kristina Louise Sawyer, 18, are charged with raping their 1-day-old girl before she was taken home from McKenzie Regional Hospital about six weeks ago, said McKenzie Police Lt. Tim Nanney.

While both parents have been charged, Sawyer's bond was reduced because police still are investigating what role, if any, she played in the possible rape of her child, Nanney said. She was charged because "I could not exclude her from being part of it, so I had to charge her also," he said. "I could not exclude her at the time from being a participant of it."

Nanney said hospital officials notified police of the possible rape after noticing injuries to the child's rear during a routine examination given before newborns are released from the hospital.
"There were some skin tears in and around the private (back) area of the child," he said.

The investigation led to the child's parents, Nanney said, and there was no indication that any hospital worker was involved in the incident.

"Based on the investigation, we ruled out everyone but the mom and the dad," Nanney said.

The Tennessee Department of Children's Services has placed the baby girl with a relative, Nanney said. The parents are not allowed to have contact with the girl, who is now about 6 weeks old.

The couple was engaged to be married and was living at the Value Inn Motel on Highland Drive in McKenzie at the time of the incident. Sawyer is a McKenzie native, and Goodrum also has relatives living in Carroll County, though Nanney did not know his hometown.

Goodrum is being held in the Carroll County Jail in lieu of $100,000 bond. Sawyer's bond was reduced to $5,000 after her arraignment. Nanney did not know if she still was being held or had been released.

While no trial date has been set, Nanney said one probably would not occur before September.

I never condone or encourage violence but for these vile peices of scum I would do just that. If they did in fact rape their infant then death is not good enough for them. They should be sent to prison in general lockup where they themselves are raped every day for as long as their sentence is, hopefully life.

I am so disturbed reading this. I am rarely at a loss for words but right now I am shaking with anger and disgust and everything that I am thinking is just to evil to describe. My only hope is that the family is able to sheild that child from ever finding out the truth concerning it's first few days of life.

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

I never condone or encourage violence but for these vile peices of scum I would do just that. If they did in fact rape their infant then death is not good enough for them. They should be sent to prison in general lockup where they themselves are raped every day for as long as their sentence is, hopefully life.

I am so disturbed reading this. I am rarely at a loss for words but right now I am shaking with anger and disgust and everything that I am thinking is just to evil to describe. My only hope is that the family is able to sheild that child from ever finding out the truth concerning it's first few days of life.

I'm not very squeamish, but this story really affected me too. I sometimes wonder if there is no depth to human depravity. I am at a loss to understand the kind of sick mind that would do something like this.

-

All I can say is THANK GOD these parents were stupid enough to do it in the hospital before the baby was released. I shudder to think how long it would have gone on had the baby gone home
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I am at a loss to understand the kind of sick mind that would do something like this.

I'll bet you $100 they are Neo-Cons.

Zipp0

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

and the ACLU will defend them

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I am at a loss to understand the kind of sick mind that would do something like this.

Zipp0

You really need some professional help, dude...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It's certainly a strange one.

There really isn't enough information in the article, and the way it's worded gives me some concern. Things like the police saying: "We ruled out other folk, so we charged the parents"! "I couldn't exclude the mom, so she was charged as well"!!

As someone else commented, this couldn't wait until the kid left the hospital... WHY!? Was the father REALLY that stupid & couldn't wait? Wouldn't that make him "too stupid" to stand trial!?

I just have this niggle... This case isn't as open and shut as it seems. There's more to this than just what's been presented.

It'd be interesting to follow this through trial and see just what evidence the police DO have, and how far their investigation HAS actually gone. I wonder if the police have simply taken the line of least resistance in charging the parents.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

That has *got* to be some sort of hoax.

Walt

What's unfortunate is that it's just one incident of many others like it. I've been personally involved in two cases of sexual abuse where an infant was penetrated. In November I took care of a 3 year-old who was killed--actually died--because of sexual penetration by her father.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Ok, I'm pushing my own comfort zone here even trying to think this situation through, but someone's being accused of a very serious crime and the newspaper report makes me think it's physically impossible for him to have done what they say.

I apologize if what follows is too graphic for anyone's sensibilities but anyone who's squeamish shouldn't be reading this thread anyway.

--

I know more or less how big male genitals tend to be. The "private (back) area of the child" isn't going to accomodate the latter. Not even close. No, I mean not even CLOSE.

The difference is so huge as to make the entire concept of this report highly dubious.

The length alone makes it completely improbable. A newborn baby's torso is generally around 8 inches. An average adult penis is 6 inches. The two do not line up.

Then there's the diameter. An adult's "private (back) area" can be coaxed into this act but only with some effort. But a newborn's is NOT. It just isn't. Not a penis -- not even a pencil. No way.

I wouldn't call this a hoax. I'd call it a malicious fraud.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

I do not know from the facts presented by the article whether or not this inhuman act of violence was perpetrated upon a child.

I think if it is false the accuser should receive the same punishment the accused would have recieved.

I also think that if the accused actually are guilty and there is PROOF, then I would also be in favor of them being culled from humanity.

That's the stupidest comment SC has seen for a while . . . :S

Can you make up a certificate for this honor?

Yes, it was incredibly poor taste. I do that to deal with horrible, horrible things sometimes - make light of it.

I sincerely hope this is a BS story. If it isn't, those people are the most evil creatures imaginable.

Zipp0

Edited to add: btw, so far no takers on that bet.....

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

That's the stupidest comment SC has seen for a while . . . :S

Can you make up a certificate for this honor?

Yes, it was incredibly poor taste. I do that to deal with horrible, horrible things sometimes - make light of it.

I sincerely hope this is a BS story. If it isn't, those people are the most evil creatures imaginable.

Zipp0

Edited to add: btw, so far no takers on that bet.....

Maybe they are just far leftist kids who hate everything, and did this to demonstrate how bush is raping our country, like an innocent infant.

My previous statement is bullshit as well but at least I am stating such, instead of acting like people did this for a political reason.:S

That has *got* to be some sort of hoax.

Walt

What's unfortunate is that it's just one incident of many others like it. I've been personally involved in two cases of sexual abuse where an infant was penetrated. In November I took care of a 3 year-old who was killed--actually died--because of sexual penetration by her father.

linz

I wouldn't trade places with you for anything.

Walt

Ok, I'm pushing my own comfort zone here ... physically impossible ... know more or less how big male genitals tend to be. The "private (back) area of the child" isn't going to accomodate the latter. Not even close. No, I mean not even CLOSE.

Hi LJ,

Firstly, you should stop thinking of it as being about sex. It's about Power. Domination. The perpetrator doing it because he/she can.

Second, the article in JohnRich's post now mentions "OBJECT" which caused small tears and one larger tear. At it's most innocent, a clumsily applied rectal thermometer (but quite possibly not so innocent).

This one really needs to play out and for more info to be made public before any informed opinions can be made.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Firstly, you should stop thinking of it as being about sex. It's about Power. Domination. The perpetrator doing it because he/she can.

Please go back and reread my post. I talked about PHYSICAL POSSIBILITIES ONLY. Nothing about interpretations, psychology, or motives.

Your modern-day anti-rape slogans are misdirected because I did not say ANYTHING that you're accusing me of saying.

And that's all I have to say. I will not participate in this thread any more. It's too inflamatory.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Not sure if its the same in US law but under English law rape does not have to be done using a penis. The act of penitration is what defines the rape not the use of a penis.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca