goofyjumper

Bush Eases Environmental Rules on Gas!

I am so fucking pissed. No person should have this much POWER! No matter what he does for this oil stuation, the price of gas will barley go down. I &$^@$ this MONKEY president we have.

check out yahoo news!
Unfuckingbelievable!
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

wozedun now?

edited to add: Oh that... Look stop using so much people... buy proper size cars and stop whinging about the cost of fuel... yours is cheap and you use
way too much.

>:(:S

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Oh, I believe it totally. The way GWB is looking at it, people are bitching about the cost of gas, he REALLY needs a win right now, and this is a good and EASY way for him to look like he's doing something to help Joe Everyman.

Problem is, I agree with other posts on this thread, the only thing it'll do is put more $$$ in the pockets of the companies. Gas is a supply and demand product: as long as people are willing to pay $3 a gallon, they'll keep charging $3 a gallon. Shit, wouldn't you? :S

If you knew you could do twenty tandems at your DZ per day, and had enough people calling to fill your schedule every day regardless of if you charged $150 per tandem or $300 per tandem, which would you charge? It does suck, though.

Elvisio "need a smaller car" rodriguez

Is this a crisis?

Not yet it isn't. But a natural disaster, terror attack, or Iran issues could push it beyond crisis very quickly. A Katrina type event right now would push prices well over $5 a gallon.

Z

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Maybe if you did your homework you would understand why....

He is doing it to prevent a potentially major supply problem when the peak driving season comes.

Ethanol used in place of MTBE can not be sent via pipeline (like MTBE can) due to its solubility in H2O, ergo, all ethanol must be sent to the refinaries via truck. This takes time and money and slows down the refining process. Because of this there have been outages and shortages of gas which has caused local spikes in fuel prices. Now picture that on a national scale....

You should probably thank him not execute him.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

I am all for protecting the environment, but I have to say, the conversion from MTBE to ethanol could not have come at a worse time. In addition, the changover has been poorly managed and poorly executed.

Another policy from the Republican white house and congress that is driving up gas prices. (I know - this was probably pushed by the left, but the right is in power, and they voted for it)

Z

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Is this a crisis?

If you're an oil company executive, it most certainly is. You have about 2 years left to rake in as much profit as possible. After that, who knows.

Senators earlier this week have brought up the possibility of imposing a tax on profits for the oil companies because their constituents are calling and emailing like crazy demanding they do something about gas prices. This is a problem.
Solution: the prez heads them off at the pass. He eases environmental restrictions, some governmental oversight and stops fuel deposits for the summer. Result: Increase in the supply of cheaper gas while protecting the profits for the companies. Constituents quit bothering the senators and the president has saved the day.
Helps: Everyone buying gas.
Hurts: Environment. Not to mention, this is an application of a bandaid where there should be a tourniquette.
At least the oil companies are getting the good political solutions they have paid for.

Maybe if you did your homework you would understand why....

He is doing it to prevent a potentially major supply problem when the peak driving season comes.

Ethanol used in place of MTBE can not be sent via pipeline (like MTBE can) due to its solubility in H2O, ergo, all ethanol must be sent to the refinaries via truck. This takes time and money and slows down the refining process. Because of this there have been outages and shortages of gas which has caused local spikes in fuel prices. Now picture that on a national scale....

You should probably thank him not execute him.

you are not very bright! Think about why these rules are in affect in the first place. He is showing a temporary improvement to make him look good! He has too much power!
-----------------
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

Do you have an idea what this really means?

It means he has relaxed environmental regulations applicable to the oil industry so they can more easily achieve their profit goals while also hoping to see a bump in his abysmally low approval rating.

Bad for the environment
Good for the oil industry
Purely political motivation

The only surprise is that he didn't do it years ago.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Senators earlier this week have brought up the possibility of imposing a tax on profits for the oil companies because their constituents are calling and emailing like crazy demanding they do something about gas prices.

And I think that this may be foolish. It's a great way to drive up the price of fuel even more. If the executives are as greedy as you say, they'll drive up the price of fuel to cover the revenue lost via tax. In which case:

1) Government wins;
2) Oil companies win;
3) Consumer loses.

Or, the government could simply put a price ceiling on fuel, meaning that they cannot charge more than 3.00 dollars per gallon. In that case:

1) Oil companies don't care - their profits drop, but so do their expenses;
2) Government loses because of fuel shortages and gas lines;
3) Consumers lose like they did in the 70's.

There are other systems that will hurt someone or everyone. But anybody in the know understands that prices are driven by worldwide supply problems more than anything. So when the wholesale price for gasoline is at $2.10 per gallon (which is it), you can't expect to be paying $1.90 at the station. When oil is $75.00 per barrel, the price per gallon of gas will be higher than when it was $40.00 per barrel - likely about twice as much.

In Januay, 2004, oil was selling at about $33 per barrel. Interestingly, this was an age of large profits for the oil companies, and there was general satisfaction with the people, for gas prices were low, and it was good.

By August, 2005, a barrel of oil topped out at around $70 per barrel. And there was unease within the masses, and it was bad. And it lowered temporarily to $60, then rose to $67, then fell to $60, and rose to $71.35 on April 18.

So if the cost of a gallon of gasoline is more than twice what is was two years ago, there's a good reason - the price of OIL is more han TWICE what is was two years ago.

So, the oil companies have to pay more. Guess what? Oil futures through 2009 are selling at higher than $70 per barrel. Don't expect to pay $.99 per gallon for gas any time soon.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

And when the people say, "Something should be done" then the politician does SOMETHING.

You think politicians give a rat's ass about oil company profits? No, they're more interested in protecting their own precious asses. So they can look like they are doign something, no matter how potentially destructive.

And when the people say, "Something should be done" then the politician does SOMETHING.

You think politicians give a rat's ass about oil company profits? No, they're more interested in protecting their own precious asses. So they can look like they are doign something, no matter how potentially destructive.

Think about it. you says polititians are only after for themselves, but guess who pays for their campaigning?
-----------------
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

I think that you can use E10 aready.

Also, my mate used to race Grasstrack when we were kids and he ran is JAP big single on methanol... (used to smell great).. not too sure how much different that would be from 85% ethanol/petrol mix...

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

guess who pays for their campaigning?

And who pays for their opponents' campaigns. It's a zero-sum game with that. It's more about making the people think that you are doing SOMETHING, ANYTHING.

And passing a tax on corporate profits would take too long. Just putting the idea out there makes the people think, "Yeah. Stick it to them." And the people will soon forget.

Next point - what the hell does Bush care about campaign contributions?

And ultimately, the people pay, don't they?