billvon

Delay is out

First step in a "House" cleaning that is desparately needed.

I want to hold ALL candidates in higher office to a higher standard of ethics.

If there is a single ethics violation they need to be removed from the political pig trough .....I dont care who the hell they are.

Now we just need to get rid of the rest of those corrupt bastards. A good start, but let's finish this thing.:|
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

It's a good thing. He should leave.

However, I disagree with the comment by Amazon that, "If there is a single ethics violation they need to be removed from the political pig trough .....I dont care who the hell they are."

It's like removing all cars and drivers from the highway who have violated a law. There isn't a car and driver on the road that can't be ticketed for something. But the repercussions need to be more severe than they are now.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>But why did he quit/resign?

His reason - he can be more effective outside the House than inside. (Heard him say that this morning in a radio interview.)

Other possible reasons - he has been indicted, two of his aides have pled guilty to conspiracy and fraud charges, and at least one has agreed to cooperate in a corruption probe. He's been linked to the Abramoff scandal as well. A third aide is now under investigation. Perhaps it's time to get while the getting's good. Heck, it's probably better for the republican party overall if Delay is no longer a prime symbol of the GOP when he's convicted.

>But why did he quit/resign?

His reason - he can be more effective outside the House than inside. (Heard him say that this morning in a radio interview.)

Other possible reasons - he has been indicted, two of his aides have pled guilty to conspiracy and fraud charges, and at least one has agreed to cooperate in a corruption probe. He's been linked to the Abramoff scandal as well. A third aide is now under investigation. Perhaps it's time to get while the getting's good. Heck, it's probably better for the republican party overall if Delay is no longer a prime symbol of the GOP when he's convicted.

Not to mention that it will save the party a ton of money. Dems were pooring a fortune into the race to defeat him. He, and the party would have had to respond. So, he is confident that the seat will remain republican if he gets out (and do it for a lot less money)

This whole thing is a dangerous predident regardless of your party affiliation:|
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Good riddance...it's about time.

Ciels-
Michele

So, he is guilty just because he was charged? The attorney has to use 3 grand juries to get a charge?

Have your short time of enjoyment but he was targeted because he was good at what he did. He was effective. I believe he is more dangerous to your lefty leanings now than when he was in the office.

I love watching irrational responses to this.

But again, this is dangerous to both parties should this become common practice......
Abraham Lincoln

>Time will tell!

No, not the Delay thing. Watching you call Michele a lefty is the entertaining part. What's next? Will Kallend be accused of being a greedy republican? With someone tell TheAnvil to take all his america-hating, lying liberal friends and leave the US? Will Amazon be accused of kissing Bush's ass?

A fine morning of vicarious entertainment courtesy of Speaker's Corner.

I believe he is more dangerous to your lefty leanings now than when he was in the office.

Ok now that there is some funny shit....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sometimes I wonder why there are so many human REMORAS on the far right sucking onto the backsides of this administration and their buddies.

I said "lefty leaning"

If I came across as labeling I messed up.

My point was more of the danger of what has happened in this case regardless...
Abraham Lincoln

> Will Kallend be accused of being a greedy republican?

Damn, I thought I held that title, well I guess I'll be a greedy lying lefty for a day.:P

I think, If my memory is correct, there is a Dem. with multipul Federal charges pending against him but so far he has refused to step down or resign.

Delay stepped down, and is resigning makes him guilty prior to any court rendering a sentence. The Dem. currently is hanging in there dispite criminal charges and therefore must be inocent.

>Time will tell!

No, not the Delay thing. Watching you call Michele a lefty is the entertaining part. What's next? Will Kallend be accused of being a greedy republican? .

I'll have you know that some of my best friends are Republicans.;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>and is resigning makes him guilty prior to any court rendering a sentence.

Nope. Doesn't make him guilty at all, just a non-congressman. The fact that two of his aides have pled guilty to taking money for his vote does paint him in a somewhat negative light, however - especially since one is now cooperating in a case against him. (And the fact that republicans call him "the hammer" doesn't help things either.)