happythoughts

should Hillary run?

.... yeah, but he's a, he's a, he's a.... BUSH!

People will go on and on about how "enlightened" they are. How they are not "narrow-minded". Then someone mentions (insert political figure) ... let the alarm-bells begin ringing and the knees jerking...

I've lived in Florida all my life. I've gone through the good and the very bad. Jeb seems to do an ok job.

i personally agree... it was said tongue in cheek, just for clarification.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

>What is it that you particularly dislike about him?

I think most democrats will dislike him automatically from day 1 for the same reason that most republicans disliked Hilary from day 1.

Jeb's not a lawyer. ;)

Maybe it is wrong to have first impressions, but... she definitely sucks at it.

Saturday afternoon, my buddy grabbed his g/fs butt as she was standing between us. Mistakenly, she turned and gave me "that look". Hillary has that look all the time. She can't seem to carry off a fakey smile.

I think that Hillary is a very capable politician and lawyer (that may/may not be a compliment).
However, she appears to be a person that you instinctively distrust.

By contrast, Bill mastered the "it's a fine car... that's just yellow primer" technique. Super-schmoozer.

Jeb has always appeared (and it could just be appearance, I've never met him) to be "at work".

Well Giulliani has done a lot of good things and has proven himself as a "good" politician and leader, even if it was only at the city level. Plus if the Dem's go on the bitching fest of him never serving in Congress, he could always play the "I'm an outsider" card. He's got a chance.

Giulliani? you must joking!! Mr. Family morals who had an affair and dumped his wife. The guy cann't even practice what he preaches. He is a self absorbed media hound. If that billyclub stroking bastard ever becomes president, I'll leave the USA for the duration of his stint.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Giulliani? you must joking!! Mr. Family morals who had an affair and dumped his wife. The guy cann't even practice what he preaches. He is a self absorbed media hound. If that billyclub stroking bastard ever becomes president, I'll leave the USA for the duration of his stint.

And then if it happens, and you don't leave, you can say that you never in fact said that, like Alec Baldwin. :S

I don't like Giuliani either, you know. And I detest Hillary Clinton. But I'm not making crazy statements about whether I'll move away while she's in office. It's just setting yourself up for being called full of shit.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

In my opinion...

This country is ready for a change. The last couple of elections and our ever changing world has left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

I predict that you'll see women running on both sides, for the Vice Presidency.

Hillary makes me sick to my stomach, but she is intelligent. Think LONG TERM goal.

If they produce the right woman for office, I'd vote for her in a flat minute. Although, I'd vote against Hillary, even if her opponet was a dye in the wool liberal (I can't believe that I said that).

It's time that we realize that women are the superior sex anyway. Let's all us guys take a break and go have some beers...

>What is it that you particularly dislike about him?

I think most democrats will dislike him automatically from day 1 for the same reason that most republicans disliked Hilary from day 1.

You think he will go into a secret meeting to try and take over 15% of the US Economy?

He looks like he's storing nuts in his cheeks to survive winter?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Giulliani? you must joking!! Mr. Family morals who had an affair and dumped his wife.

You were talking about Guiliani? I thought you were talking about:
Ronald Reagan (he did it, too). No, wait...
Bob Dole (he did it, too). No, wait...
Newt Gingrich (he did it, too). No, wait...

Aw, crap, I've lost track. Never mind.

P.S. - for those who might invoke Ted Kennedy, or JFK, or LBJ, you'd be more or less right. Of course, Eisenhower probably falls into that category, too.

The point being, neither side has the right to be morals police, so when one side does, it's being hypocritical.

And then if it happens, and you don't leave, you can say that you never in fact said that, like Alec Baldwin. :S

I don't like Giuliani either, you know. And I detest Hillary Clinton. But I'm not making crazy statements about whether I'll move away while she's in office. It's just setting yourself up for being called full of shit.

-

You shouldn't take things so serious, PJ. Being called "full of shit" here at SC only makes me laugh and laugh and laugh. Hey, I was called a "dork" in one of the christian threads and I am still laughing :D at how childish that was.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

The point being, neither side has the right to be morals police, so when one side does, it's being hypocritical.

the point being that the Repubs are much more likely to base their
campaigns on presenting themselves as national wardens of
"moral values" (whatever that is)

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

Jeb seems to reflect the opinions of the general populace. He doesn't screw up a lot. People generally like him.

I live in Florida and I work for the State. People here do not generally like him. His education initiatives suck.

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

I have a friend who grew up in Midland, close to the Bushes. He said that Jeb was a really nice guy (George he didn't like as much).

Just a piece of information.

We've had enough Bushes for awhile though.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I have a friend who grew up in Midland, close to the Bushes. He said that Jeb was a really nice guy (George he didn't like as much).

Just a piece of information.

I've met Jeb Bush, too. I think he's a nice guy. I also think his No Child Left Behind Act and voucher initiatives are crap. He may be nice, but I wouldn't want him to be President.

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

LOL-well I think the no child left behind, and vouchers are great and I'd like for him to be president.

Having worked in the public school system, I'd be happy to give you the rundown on the Act. Vouchers are more of a hot button issue, though.

Brie

As a political cartoonist -- I hope so!:)

you guys have had a feeding frenzy for the last 20 years.

what does it take to satiate that voracious appetite for mockery?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

As a political cartoonist -- I hope so!:)

Right off the Yahoo site, there was a link for Jokes.
Bill Clinton and Monica eventually had to have separate links.

Normally, humorists just change the names and use the same jokes, year after year. Bob Hope did it on his Christmas tour for 30 years. It was refreshing to have some new material.

The Reagans were fairly boring. I always thought that Nancy looked like one of the characters from Mars Attacks.